AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-08-06, 02:10   Link #4381
Wigwams

Tabane cares more about Chifuyu I think. Tabane is probably trying to recreate a 2nd time where Chifuyu is forced to pilot an IS just like the time she used it to save Japan.
Old 2013-08-06, 20:12   Link #4382
DarkJak2050

I'd never liked Tabane...

She's just as selfish as people can be. If not, worse...
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-14, 18:38   Link #4383
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

So who's the russian girl? what would be her role in the story?

NOTE: haven't read yet the novel, just watched the anime
Old 2013-08-14, 19:12   Link #4384
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

@nikohowell: She is Tatenashi Shirashaki, Student Council President and the strongest in the enrolled. Due to the family connection, she became Russia Represetative (her little sister, Kanzashiki is Japan Representative Cadet). After the White Zephyr encounter, Ichika was transfered as her roomate.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-14, 19:17   Link #4385
AkitoW013

@nikohowell: And she's not Russian but Japanese .
AkitoW013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 18:29   Link #4386
blackwhite67
Banned

I'm not trying to start an argument here, but can someone describe to me in concrete terms where, when, and how IS started to become a train wreck, plot and character wise?
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 18:47   Link #4387
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Would it be too harsh to say right after the synopsis?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 18:51   Link #4388
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Would it be too harsh to say right after the synopsis?
Yes. What was wrong with the synopsis?
Old 2013-08-15, 18:59   Link #4389
Javiersansano

I would say volumes 6-7 were the start of the quality drop... Volume 6 reused the tournament interruption trwnd, but at least it was a race, and ended with the madoka cliffhanger, with which it recovered its quality as a single book. Volume 7 used the tournament interruption again, and kanzqshi's intruduction could have come out better. In general, it wasn't great. Besides, it left the madoka atuff outside. Finally, Volume 8 was plain bad. It seemed like another person wrote it.
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 19:01   Link #4390
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well I'm mostly an embittered individual so take my account with a grain of salt and judge the series on its own.

The synopsis and series description was good, way good. Probably half the reason why we're here. The other half being gorgeous art and production values. But after that great first impression, it just goes downhill. The out of place fanservice, the convenient win action, the lack of plot progression, lack of character growth. A lot of things really.

It doesn't help that any form of growth feels like it was done out of convenience
Old 2013-08-15, 19:14   Link #4391
blackwhite67
Banned

Tell me. Was anyone here annoyed at how Ichika always needed the girls to bail his ass or is it just me? Don't get me wrong. I love a harem that's useful to winning the battle, but it seems like Ichika can't pull out a decent win without them.

Last edited by blackwhite67; 2013-08-15 at 19:24.
Old 2013-08-15, 19:17   Link #4392
demino_hellsin
That one guy

*discretely raises hand*
Old 2013-08-15, 19:41   Link #4393
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
*discretely raises hand*
Let me correct my previous post. To my knowledge (and horror), I cannot recall a single instance in which Ichika was able to win without his harem or the help of some girl. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Now I ask again, was anyone, but me bothered by this?
Old 2013-08-15, 19:44   Link #4394
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I did say loser right?

But some say his losing perpetuates the plot. So... It's supposed to be a good thing?
Old 2013-08-15, 19:46   Link #4395
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
I did say loser right?

But some say his losing perpetuates the plot. So... It's supposed to be a good thing?
That's bullsh*t. Losing all the time perpetuates plot? I'm a loser for going 8 novels without realizing this! *sob*
Old 2013-08-15, 20:04   Link #4396
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Well, maybe if the author is a woman, we could had explained the Superior Girls. Or maybe he is a masochist?
Ok, now seriously, Ichika plainly bad at fighting. Even with the bloodline and early training, he still couldn't get ONE memorable Ass-kicking pose. A combination of luck, superior machine and aid, I say!
Old 2013-08-15, 21:24   Link #4397
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Well, maybe if the author is a woman, we could had explained the Superior Girls. Or maybe he is a masochist?
Ok, now seriously, Ichika plainly bad at fighting. Even with the bloodline and early training, he still couldn't get ONE memorable Ass-kicking pose. A combination of luck, superior machine and aid, I say!
Actually, I wouldn't say superior machine. It's more like a fragile katana. It may be really sharp but if you don't use it right, it breaks.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 22:45   Link #4398
Kyuusaisha

Didn't Ichika get to act somewhat like a hero in Volume 8? Also, I think volumes 5-6 were my favorites so far with 7&8 being the ones I felt were a bit of a dip in quality but nevertheless enjoyable enough.
Kyuusaisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 23:49   Link #4399
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
To my knowledge (and horror), I cannot recall a single instance in which Ichika was able to win without his harem or the help of some girl.
In this case, it'd be more effective to just complain that he's constantly getting saved in general. It's a given that the only people who could save him would be "some girl"; they're the only other ones who can pilot an IS in the first place... (Besides a lot of them have way more training than him in the first place.)

(I still think Ichika shouldn't even bother trying to be a fighter that much, because who cares? He has the most powerful pilots from around the world already on his team; all he has to do is mobilize them. The sooner he realizes this and is allowed to act accordingly, the sooner he can stop "losing".)
Old 2013-08-16, 00:19   Link #4400
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

So you mean re-routing Ichika to be a Team Leader? I doubt that. Consider the only two things that could glue the girl: Ichika in danger, or he as their punch bag.

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen