AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Suisei no Gargantia

Notices

View Poll Results: Suisei no Gargantia - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 56 43.75%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 32.03%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 17.19%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 3.91%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.78%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.34%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-09, 17:48   Link #421
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

When I gave my impressions on either the sixth or seventh episodes, I was like sort of berated for giving out a one-sided theory on the Galactic Alliance versus Hideauze due to expressing a statement with so little information.

After watching this ninth episode, I should know better not to get carried away for what Ledo discovered and learned, since still more information is needed to corroborate.

The conclusion simply put is that as long as there's no other self-aware and rational species appearing to compete against humans, then Humanity itself is its apex predator and worst enemy.

Watching that footage from the times of the old civilization which likely dates from the Earth at the time of either the late 21st century or early 22nd century of the Common Era calendar, greatly reminded me of close plot points with the backstories for Wall-E film and the two "Second Renaissance" chapters of the Animatrix.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Guido; 2013-06-09 at 18:08.
Old 2013-06-09, 23:28   Link #422
molitar

But so many are leaving out the major factor that prove the evolvers were hateful beyond respite! They had bodies that were not affected by space. They had no reason to follow the Alliance except to continue a battle! If you can go anywhere in space and were hated by the other race WHY would you follow the other race except to fight! They supposedly evolved but I believe it was more devolved they became hateful spiteful monsters with the intelligence of animals and they followed the humans to only do battle!

If they were really evolved they would of headed into space in the opposite direction far from man and would of had the prosperity they supposedly wanted. But the truth of the matter is they de-evolved and became aggressive and the only way they knew to live was to fight so they pursued man far out into the outer reaches of space!
Old 2013-06-10, 06:51   Link #423
FateAnomaly

I simply could not understand why anyone would want to evolve into squids spacefaring or not.
Old 2013-06-11, 06:08   Link #424
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Spoiler:
Dude you got some wrong.

One there is no World Government as the UN still existed.

Two the Evolvers are a private venture as they don't rely on states as its founder doesn't like regulation. They are more less the Church of Scientology with Mad Science.

Three the Continental Union became the Galactic Alliance as their propaganda has show not only are they pro-human but purists. Going by the LN description of their society it is akin to Gilbert Durandal's Destiny Plan. Where everyone is cog in the greater machine. They have Eugenics but no genetic engineering manipulation.

Last edited by ReddyRedWolf; 2013-06-11 at 06:32.
Old 2013-07-22, 00:59   Link #425
summers

usually i would like this kind of reveal but the problem was the whole sudden transformation to make them look more human. I looked at the previous images of the whalesquid, the do not look humanoid at all, the nest children did though.

Then after the reveal, they all looked human and had cute little baby eyes, and clear outline of a human body.
Closed Thread