AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2018-06-18, 14:10   Link #5601
Norn
Dazed and Confused

What surprises me, is the lack of other factions making moves on Issei. Outside of the 3 factions, I mean.
Norn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-18, 14:43   Link #5602
godz

I'm still waiting if issei is going to have a harem member of a "real" character from the supernatural world to see if my theory is that the issei harem members are just invented ichie characters.
godz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-18, 15:03   Link #5603
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norn View Post
What surprises me, is the lack of other factions making moves on Issei. Outside of the 3 factions, I mean.
Why would they make moves on an established member of an allied group?

That'd be like Azazel trying to lure Thor over to the fallen angels or something.
Old 2018-06-18, 15:36   Link #5604
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norn View Post
It should be common knowledge that Issei is a devil and that he is a part of the Underworld. And besides they're all in an alliance. So it really doesn't matter.

Or are you talking about it in a sense like where the West Japanese Faction is basically giving their princess to Issei.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-18, 15:55   Link #5605
Norn
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by godz View Post
I'm still waiting if issei is going to have a harem member of a "real" character from the supernatural world to see if my theory is that the issei harem members are just invented ichie characters.
I mean, in mythology Rossweisse is one of the 7 Valkyries iirc. Should count for something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
It should be common knowledge that Issei is a devil and that he is a part of the Underworld. And besides they're all in an alliance. So it really doesn't matter.

Or are you talking about it in a sense like where the West Japanese Faction is basically giving their princess to Issei.
It's more about soft power. For instance, Issei is a walking endorsement of the Maou Faction and the poster boy of the Alliance of the Supernatural world. His grandfather got a nice boost in buddhist heaven by just being related to Issei.

Also not all gods are yay peace. Trihexa might have reunited all factions, Indra's words are still true. People are cooperating on the surface. The strongest gods went to fight, severely depriving several mythologies from their pillar gods and leaders.

Kunou? What of it? it's a win-win situation. Issei is now married to 3 who carry the blood of strong Youkai. Should there ever be a fight where one faction threatens the Youkai faction, of course Issei will (have to) butt in. It's similar to how nobles used to intermarry a lot to strengthen ties.

Lastly, let's quote Irina:"I want to give birth to a Tenryuu". She didn't risk falling when claiming that. Take that however you want
Norn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-18, 17:56   Link #5606
Lucidrago

Kunou is the princess and future leader of the Japanese Youkai in the West. Koneko and Kuroka are two Nekoshou who were reincarnated into devils. Big difference.

Most of the factions and mythologies are in an alliance. They'll come to each others' aid if the situation requires it.

Irina won't fall just for saying something. She has to do it.
Old 2018-06-18, 19:52   Link #5607
DragonOsman
Dragon King

The 12 Heavenly Breasts will be needed in the future when the UL invade. The girls who don't have big breasts yet or aren't old enough yet have 30 years to grow up and get bigger breasts. Or else Koneko probably wouldn't be included (small breasts). The reason I say this is because, according to Volume 25 spoilers, Chichigami told Ise that he'll need to gather those 12 for bad people from another world attack in the future (that's basically referring to the UL invasion in 30 years). So even if Kunou is one of the 12 (which she could be), she can still grow up as much as she needs to for when the 12 Heavenly Breasts will be needed.

@godz: As Norn said, Rossweisse is one of the 7 Valkyries from the original myth. And plus, unlike Brynhildr who just inherited the name, Rose seems to have been born with the one she has now. So the Rossweisse in Ise's harem is likely to be the original. She's a young Valkyrie and not very old, though, at least in DxD, so it's fine.
Old 2018-06-18, 21:59   Link #5608
godz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
The 12 Heavenly Breasts will be needed in the future when the UL invade. The girls who don't have big breasts yet or aren't old enough yet have 30 years to grow up and get bigger breasts. Or else Koneko probably wouldn't be included (small breasts). The reason I say this is because, according to Volume 25 spoilers, Chichigami told Ise that he'll need to gather those 12 for bad people from another world attack in the future (that's basically referring to the UL invasion in 30 years). So even if Kunou is one of the 12 (which she could be), she can still grow up as much as she needs to for when the 12 Heavenly Breasts will be needed.

@godz: As Norn said, Rossweisse is one of the 7 Valkyries from the original myth. And plus, unlike Brynhildr who just inherited the name, Rose seems to have been born with the one she has now. So the Rossweisse in Ise's harem is likely to be the original. She's a young Valkyrie and not very old, though, at least in DxD, so it's fine.
rossweisse is too young for richard wagner to have thought for his opera and the other Valkyries outside of Brynhilld are created by Richard Wagner to make his opera more epic, it is not mythology since it does not present those Valkyrie namesin the myth of the nibelung ring ... that is, I believe that there are literary characters in the world of dxd, since George's existence is only possible for this to be allowed, but the rosseweise is not because it is too young to be pronounced for Richard Wagner's opera.

in conclusion it is not mythology, it is literature (or in this case it is opera)
Old 2018-06-19, 10:11   Link #5609
DragonOsman
Dragon King

DxD is Ishibumi's own take on the original myths. And Rossweisse was likely given this name when she was born. Ishibumi could just have made her younger than in the original myth; it doesn't automatically mean she isn't based on the original one of the 7 Valkyries.
Old 2018-06-19, 11:28   Link #5610
godz

Quote:
DxD is Ishibumi's own take on the original myths. And Rossweisse was likely given this name when she was born. Ishibumi could just have made her younger than in the original myth; it doesn't automatically mean she isn't based on the original one of the 7 Valkyries.
I repeat again the other Valkyries outside of Brynhildr do not exist in Norse mythology, their names and appearances were created by Richard Wagner for his opera,and in the opera rosseweise as the others are sisters of brynhild
Old 2018-06-19, 13:10   Link #5611
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Ishibumi uses literature and mythology both. And Rose is based on the one in literature. So she isn't made up like Rias or Sona.
Old 2018-06-19, 14:08   Link #5612
godz

Quote:
Ishibumi uses literature and mythology both. And Rose is based on the one in literature. So she isn't made up like Rias or Sona.
rosseweise is of the same size as rias and sona since first the rosseweise of richard wagner exsisted in the time of brynhld as his sister and rosseweise of dxd is a valkyrie that should not pass the 20, the other point that easily has received the name In honor of that Valkyrie, which is not strange, do not remember that one of the daughters of Issei has the name of one of those Valkyrie.

do not look for excuses where there are none, so far there is no real mythological character in the issei harem.
Old 2018-06-19, 18:44   Link #5613
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Rose might still have been given the name "Rossweisse" when she was born. "Rose" really sounds like a natural pen name for someone with that name, doesn't it? And keep in mind that that's what Gondul calls her, too: "Rose". The only one we know of that inherited her name as a title is the current Brynhildr who did so because she's the strongest Valkyrie. And Helmwige was also given the name from birth like her mother, so she could also be based on the original too. And I think that means Rose is based on the actual Rossweisse from the story you're talking about.

Notice what Ishibumi did to Azazel and Lucifer. In the Bible, wasn't Lucifer originally Azazel? Azazel fell and became Lucifer. And yet Ishibumi wrote both them into DxD as separate beings. This is his own take on the myths and literature. He even made Ddraig and Albion a lot more than powerful they are in the original myths and even made Vali Vidar's adopted brother rather than his blood-related brother like in the original myths.
Old 2018-06-19, 19:50   Link #5614
godz

Quote:
Rose might still have been given the name "Rossweisse" when she was born. "Rose" really sounds like a natural pen name for someone with that name, doesn't it? And keep in mind that that's what Gondul calls her, too: "Rose". The only one we know of that inherited her name as a title is the current Brynhildr who did so because she's the strongest Valkyrie. And Helmwige was also given the name from birth like her mother, so she could also be based on the original too. And I think that means Rose is based on the actual Rossweisse from the story you're talking about.

Notice what Ishibumi did to Azazel and Lucifer. In the Bible, wasn't Lucifer originally Azazel? Azazel fell and became Lucifer. And yet Ishibumi wrote both them into DxD as separate beings. This is his own take on the myths and literature. He even made Ddraig and Albion a lot more than powerful they are in the original myths and even made Vali Vidar's adopted brother rather than his blood-related brother like in the original myths.
to have the name of tribute does not count, one could say the same of argento asia that comes from an actress and xenovia of a warrior queen.

you are wrong in mythology, azazel is very different from lucifer, one is related to enoch and the other is satan, lucifer is closer samael ... what if ddraig is true because in their myth they were defeated by a pair of kings humans and released by merlin.
Old 2018-06-19, 21:47   Link #5615
Lucidrago

Let's get back on topic please.

So how do you guys see Lint joining Issei's harem if she did?
Old 2018-06-19, 22:36   Link #5616
godz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
Let's get back on topic please.

So how do you guys see Lint joining Issei's harem if she did?
if they joined the harem of issei would be using some of his past and freed (until I prefer in a hypothetical case with kiba ... it would not be romantic that lint marries the guy who murdered his "brother" and more than kiba with freed they had several confrontations)
Old 2018-06-20, 02:39   Link #5617
B214

Gasper killed Valerie's Brother and I have no issue to continue shipping them. I believe most don't as well.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-20, 04:53   Link #5618
Lucidrago

Gasper killed her brother? No. He basically erased him from existence.
Old 2018-06-20, 06:39   Link #5619
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah. And Lint knows how evil and psycho her "brother" was. I don't think she minds. She even wants to atone for Freed's sins.

Either way, I say Lint should be in Ise's harem. She's part of the Church Group of girls (originally the Church Trio and now the Church Quartet--probably soon to become Church Quintet when both Lint and Milana have joined), and I think it's likely for all of the girls in that group to be in Ise's harem. That, and Lint is also already living at Ise's house.
Old 2018-06-20, 12:28   Link #5620
timewalker

Ishibumi tweeted out that the next volume will increase Issei's Peerage.
timewalker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, harem, highschool dxd, oppai, romance