AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-04-19, 23:33   Link #1
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Index Light Novels have been licensed by Yen Press

Yen Press has announced that they've licensed the Index Light Novels. This thread can be used to discuss this news, and information up to and after the release begins.

I would also like to remind everyone that, as with all licensed works, it is no longer permissible to link to or discuss any unofficial translations. You may still discuss what happens in the recent novels (and we will still create threads for recent novel volumes as they come out), but you may not discuss how to unofficially read them in English whether in a public thread, in social groups, or even by private message on this site.
Old 2014-04-20, 00:10   Link #2
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

How does this work if the official novel is more than 20 volumes away from the latest?
Surely, I doubt a lot of people would discuss the very first volume of Index. That has been done to death a long time ago.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 00:11   Link #3
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
How does this work if the official novel is more than 20 volumes away from the latest?
33 volumes, actually.

Quote:
Surely, I doubt a lot of people would discuss the very first volume of Index. That has been done to death a long time ago.
I doubt anyone will discuss the first series in this subforum actually. Half of it has been covered by the anime, and certain arcs have been adapted in various forms over and over again.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 00:23   Link #4
Thatguy3331
Pro Slacker

Well I guess the only thing that'll be talked about here is the presentation of the books, the only LN I have from Yen Press is a Haruhi book (although it's the cheaper paperback book with an alternate cover) and from what I can tell the pictures came out nice and it was easy to read through.
Old 2014-04-20, 00:35   Link #5
gensouR-1

Counting the total volumes All series YenPress Licensed including Index doesnt this mean they are working 40+ LN Volumes?.I can't really see them Releasing All of them.

Waiting for Sita pickup

No matter what choice they make,humans will find a reason to regret,so in other words,there is no choice without regret,what's important is your heart's true feelings
gensouR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 00:37   Link #6
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

I'd put more faith in them than any other publication to do this. They're aware of what they got into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatguy3331 View Post
Well I guess the only thing that'll be talked about here is the presentation of the books, the only LN I have from Yen Press is a Haruhi book (although it's the cheaper paperback book with an alternate cover) and from what I can tell the pictures came out nice and it was easy to read through.
Me, too. I own the paperback collections of them and they were fine. Material and all.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 00:38   Link #7
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Holy shit, someone actually did it? It's over 20 volumes!

But I guess I'm eating crow tonight
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 00:45   Link #8
IceHism

Oh no, this is bad. Now the translations will all be pulled down while people here wait years just so the english novel tries to catch up (which i doubt they will).
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 00:46   Link #9
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

I'm so hyped for this!
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 00:50   Link #10
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Is there any information regarding whether they have licensed the entire series, or just the "old testament"?
Old 2014-04-20, 00:54   Link #11
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

A lot of people assume that only OT was counted. But then again, that might just be people expecting Yen Press to be reasonable enough not to bog down on the series even more by including New Testament to their license.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 01:21   Link #12
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
A lot of people assume that only OT was counted. But then again, that might just be people expecting Yen Press to be reasonable enough not to bog down on the series even more by including New Testament to their license.
That's a fair assumption and I would think so too, but I've already been caught off guard by them once today.

If you had asked me before I went to bed last night whether Index would ever get licensed I would decisively said no... Now... Now I'm not so sure if anything is impossible...
Old 2014-04-20, 01:37   Link #13
gensouR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That's a fair assumption and I would think so too, but I've already been caught off guard by them once today.

If you had asked me before I went to bed last night whether Index would ever get licensed I would decisively said no... Now... Now I'm not so sure if anything is impossible...
No one expected THIS that's for sure.

Waiting for Sita pickup

No matter what choice they make,humans will find a reason to regret,so in other words,there is no choice without regret,what's important is your heart's true feelings
gensouR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 01:38   Link #14
Sacredus

I have mixed feelings about this. Yes, it's good (for people living in US), but also rises chances of manga adaptation license in my country and we had too much of this sh*t already (we don't have any LN here)... :/
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 01:40   Link #15
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by gensouR-1 View Post
No one expected THIS that's for sure.
You know, unexpected things are happening so much these days, I don't know what my expectations should be!

Let's hope this done well.
Old 2014-04-20, 02:21   Link #16
R.LocK
My turn

Well, I know how to spend some money in... next ten years Unless they churn out three volumes a year.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 02:38   Link #17
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
Well, I know how to spend some money in... next ten years Unless they churn out three volumes a year.
They said that they're starting with three volumes per year, and will accelerate things at the soonest opportunity.
Old 2014-04-20, 02:55   Link #18
WiliamZ0

Let's see ... I kinda happy TAMnI get licensed, but it also bad news. But, I highly doubt Yen Press gonna licensed NT. Since The way I see it. NT considered as separated pieces of TAMnI, even though it part of TAMnI.

And ... I don't want Nt to stop, it's getting epic
WiliamZ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 02:55   Link #19
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
They said that they're starting with three volumes per year, and will accelerate things at the soonest opportunity.
Perfect. It's the best bundle I could ever hope for the beginning of oficial translation.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 03:05   Link #20
Marina2

In my country, we got LC for Index novel for a while now. The publisher who LC-ed it released 7 translated volumes in the last year. (They plan to release at least 6 volumes per year.)

Reaching the lastest volume in Japan is not a dream.