AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations > Custom Requests

Notices

Old 2015-04-09, 12:22   Link #1
xrick

Stories with Spacetime/Interdimensional elements

I'm actually curious about if there are other stories that, like Nanoha series, have elements related to situations, travels, monitoring, etc involving spacetime/dimensions...

Any recommendations? Preferably Anime, if possible...
Old 2015-04-09, 12:48   Link #2
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

-currently ongoing Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works TV (there is also a movie version of this by Studio DEEN, which you should avoid like the plague).

-Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? (Problem Children Are Coming From Another World, Aren't They?)

-Steins;Gate

I'd need a bit more details on what you want and what you watched, so this is all that I can think of off the top of my mind.
Old 2015-04-09, 12:50   Link #3
xrick

Like I mentioned in the OP, stories with spacetime/dimensional elements of the likes of Nanoha series, no matter the genre.
Old 2015-04-09, 12:55   Link #4
cupumanager

Hmmm, by Space-Time and Interdimensional Travel, do you want those that have it as an important element that drives the plot, or also those that only use them as means to place the setting of the story?

Steins;Gate - Changing Timelines by sending messages through time
Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo
Puella Magi Madoka Magica - Not apparent in the beginning, but the story itself is shaped by Time Travel
Hoshi no Koe - Time Dilation and Lightspeed Lag
Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei - Groundhog Day Interconnected Dimensions Replays
Abenobashi Mahou Shotengai - Both Spacetime and Mental Interdimensional Travel
Haruhi Suzumiya no Yuutsu - Best appreciated if you watch the entire Second Season and The Dissapearance Movie
Ima, Soko ni Iru Boku - Only as a device to place a Kid into an Post apocalyptic World, where he got press ganged as a Child Soldier under a mad Warlord.
cupumanager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-09, 12:57   Link #5
xrick

Maybe both of them...?
Like I said, try to have Nanoha series as an example, if possible...
Old 2015-04-09, 22:55   Link #6
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Noein uses the "many-worlds" interpretation of quantum physics to explore the notion of parallel universes and travel among them. Two universes are in a conflict that spills over into ours. In true anime fashion the nexus of the conflict turns out to be a nice young girl in Hokkaido. Schroedinger's cat makes a cameo appearance.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-10, 01:31   Link #7
Dawnstorm

Try Kyousougiga. Girl smashes herself into an alternate Kyouto with a very special hammer in order to find a rabbit. Then things get weird. (But by the end everything makes sense.)
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-10, 02:52   Link #8
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Noein uses the "many-worlds" interpretation of quantum physics to explore the notion of parallel universes and travel among them. Two universes are in a conflict that spills over into ours. In true anime fashion the nexus of the conflict turns out to be a nice young girl in Hokkaido. Schroedinger's cat makes a cameo appearance.
I was about to say Noein, it's the first series that crossed my mind. I think he's gonna love it.

Oh, and definitely try Fantastic Children too, if you have nothing against retro art style.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-10, 02:59   Link #9
xrick

Before I say anything else...
What criteria are you actually using to the stories you're recommending me?
Old 2015-04-10, 03:22   Link #10
Parousia

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Before I say anything else...
What criteria are you actually using to the stories you're recommending me?
Well they used your "sacetime/interdimensional" criteria for recommending Steins;Gate and Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?
Old 2015-04-10, 03:32   Link #11
OH&S
Partying in the States

This'll probably sound like a joke recommendation but the currently airing Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V looks to have inter-dimensional shenanigans at the core of its story. (Yes, that Yu-Gi-Oh! ) It's actually rather enjoyable. But obviously this recommendation is immediately disqualified due to card games and merchandise also being at the core of the story. But still interesting and enjoyable.

But could you be more specific about the spacetime criteria? You're not talking about something along the lines of the movie Interstellar are you? Its really hard to recommend you anything with just that word.

For the 1st time in years; watching 6+ anime in 1 season.
AXIS OF AWESOME! Too much awesomeness in a single signature pic!
OH&S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-10, 03:36   Link #12
xrick

Hmm... I guess I'm making people running around in circles...
Let me see if I can make it clearer, since even TVTropes barely helped me in what I wanted...

I was trying to find self-contained stories, of any given genre, that had spacetime elements of the likes of Nanoha series or even crossover games...
Maybe you guys are actually giving me recommendations according to what I'm looking for and I'm the one not seeing them as what I asked for...
If that's so, then I've gotta apologize...

@OH&S
Hmm... From what I checked of that movie's plot... I think it'd too much of a stretch...

Last edited by xrick; 2015-04-10 at 03:53.
xrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-10, 04:16   Link #13
Flower
In harmony with the flow

I will second Fantastic Children. Quite an underrated series.
Old 2015-04-10, 07:09   Link #14
OH&S
Partying in the States

Quote:
@OH&S
Hmm... From what I checked of that movie's plot... I think it'd too much of a stretch...
Movie What movie? ARC-V is a currently airing anime series. The way it incorporated the interdimensional plot point to fit with the franchise and its rather long history is something that caught me by surprise. It did it so brilliantly that this 5th series might just be the best one yet.

Regardless, probably not a serious recommendation in the first place due to the whole card games thing as well as its target audience.

Old 2015-04-10, 07:54   Link #15
xrick

I was talking about your mentioning Interstellar...
Old 2015-04-10, 08:01   Link #16
OH&S
Partying in the States

Quote:
I was talking about your mentioning Interstellar...
Oh. That makes much more sense. lol

But that kind of leaves me lost about what you want. Something like the US TV series Stargate or Sliders?

Old 2015-04-10, 08:14   Link #17
xrick

How can I make it clearer? This one seems to be harder than I thought...

Do you know, in the Nanoha series, about the TSAB, the administrated worlds, the dimensional travels and the situations/cases that go on coming up with each new story of the franchise? I thought that there could be other series, specially in Anime, that had similar elements...

Please, tell me that I managed to make it clearer this time around...
Old 2015-04-10, 09:21   Link #18
OH&S
Partying in the States

It sounds similar to Stargate and Sliders so I think I have an idea about what you're talking about but I'm struggling to think of an anime that's also like that. The way you've phrased it neccesitates that the show should be a sci-fi.

Old 2015-04-10, 09:23   Link #19
xrick

In the least, I guess... But it could encompass other genres, a possibility of variety, so to say...
Old 2015-04-10, 09:29   Link #20
OH&S
Partying in the States

World Trigger is about the Earth being invaded by monsters from another dimension. The humans have to repel the monsters and have created a special organization that monitors the monster spawns. But there's only two worlds/dimensions.

That's all I've got; sorry