AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations > Custom Requests

Notices

Old 2018-05-22, 10:55   Link #1
BWTraveller
Azure Dragon reborn

Monsters/enemies made of the darkness inside

What are some good series that creatively work with the concept of monsters/enemies formed from dark, negative emotions within people? Whether we're talking transformation or some sort of projection. I've seen plenty of series that play with this, especially magical girl series that need a "Monster of the Week", but these tend to be kind of simple and silly, with minor and shallow character flaws transforming people into monstrous caricatures of that darkness. However, I was wondering if there were any that did a fair job of making some really good monsters born from desire, hate, despair or other forms of darkness within people.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-23, 07:26   Link #2
Clarkies
Casual Anime Watcher

I find Tasogare Otome x Amnesia (The Dusk Maiden of Amnesia) to be a good example of this. I don't really want to say any more details to risk spoiling it, but you will find what you're looking for in there.
Clarkies is offline   Reply With Quote