AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

Old 2007-01-02, 19:14   Link #441
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Merines View Post
kukui has a CD coming out 1/25 titled "Little Primrose," so it may be on there.
isn't that the Kagihime OP song? So why would it be there?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 20:54   Link #442
vegetax
Some Random New Guy

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
According to ANN,

"Utsusemi no Kage (空蝉ノ影)" by kukui
Ah, excellent, thank you for the information Lost. Doesn't look like the full version is out yet so I'll just wait till it does. Thanks again.

Vegeta X
vegetax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 23:08   Link #443
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
isn't that the Kagihime OP song? So why would it be there?
You're right... I'm so used to looking at '06' that I forgot.
Old 2007-01-03, 00:38   Link #444
Wosho128
I like tinkering on stuff

The OVA quality was awesome.

Suigintou is a character I feel tons of empathy for. I finished the series two days ago (1st and 2nd season).

I'll be honest, I didn't like her as much while watching the anime but these OVAs add some depth to her character.

I'll be honest, she's my new favorite doll. =P
Wosho128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 01:14   Link #445
SSJiffy
AWWWSOME

RE: Saint October

Anime News Network Info:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=7240

and

Official page:
http://www.konami.jp/visual/saintoctober/
Old 2007-01-05, 01:32   Link #446
Mincemaker
Hmmm?

Two of the characters resemble Souseiseki (without heterochromia) and Shinku. The heck?
Mincemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 02:04   Link #447
Alu
Guide my hand...

ah ! I am gone for almost 3 weeks due to PC problems and now I have to go back arround 16 pages to catch up
I feel realy bad though.., what better time to get PC Hardware issues then on the hollidays where everything is closed and friends who can help are away...

Conclusion.. I ended up missing ~Ouverture~..

..still, I guess I could be more sad, but as I toke a first glance at some comments already, right now as I even rush to download both episodes; I am happy that all the expectations as to how great ~Ouverture~ would be where not in vain

Now more then ever I am positive that this will be (to me) the best Rozen Maiden experience so far; for as even Solwy already told me.. it seems it is beyond words.

While the torrents are still downloading though, I'll leave you all with a new ~Ouverture~ scan I recently found

Spoiler for length:
Alu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 02:33   Link #448
RM-FAN
Anti-Nina Einstein

Well people, today 5, i will got the ovas, tomorrow i will give my opinion
RM-FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 05:36   Link #449
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
i was wondering where you were alu >.< lol ill be getting my reading glasses on to read your essay and lets see which side you will stand ^__^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 07:35   Link #450
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alu
Conclusion.. I ended up missing ~Ouverture~..
Aww, don't be too down. At least you haven missed the wide-screen release on Ouverture on BS-i, which if I remember correctly, should be somewhere around now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
i was wondering where you were alu >.< lol ill be getting my reading glasses on to read your essay and lets see which side you will stand ^__^
Yes, indeed, I would like to see where our eloquent Alu stands on that issue. Heh, shall old feuds be reopened?
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 03:26   Link #451
HolyCow
Oyashiro-sama

Send a message via MSN to HolyCow
There's something I just noticed (Sorry if someone posted it before):

1- When Souseiseki cuts Suigintou up, Shinku replies that Suigintou was an incomplete doll. Since Suigintou never told her about it, it is assumed that she knows of it in the first place.

2- Ouverture occurs many years before the first season, right?

3- If so, why was she so surprised in the end of Season 1 when she found out that Suigintou was "junk"?
HolyCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 07:59   Link #452
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
Yeah, the widescreen part 1 airs Jan. 11th.
Old 2007-01-06, 11:16   Link #453
EnigmaticThief
Schach is MAI WAIFU

Send a message via AIM to EnigmaticThief Send a message via Yahoo to EnigmaticThief
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyCow View Post
There's something I just noticed (Sorry if someone posted it before):

1- When Souseiseki cuts Suigintou up, Shinku replies that Suigintou was an incomplete doll. Since Suigintou never told her about it, it is assumed that she knows of it in the first place.

2- Ouverture occurs many years before the first season, right?

3- If so, why was she so surprised in the end of Season 1 when she found out that Suigintou was "junk"?
1. I think it was more that Shinku reasoned that Suigintou was incomplete because of her first memories of her ("...the one on the shelf") and the fact that Gin couldn't funtion properly (Shinku could walk from the moment she was first wound.)

2. Yes, probably more than a century beforehand.

3. Jun was surprised, not Shinku.
EnigmaticThief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 12:18   Link #454
HolyCow
Oyashiro-sama

Send a message via MSN to HolyCow
Thx Enigmatic Thief, I thought that Shinku was the one surprised. My bad, my bad ;P
HolyCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 17:00   Link #455
AthenAltena
Sister of the Forks

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyCow View Post
Thx Enigmatic Thief, I thought that Shinku was the one surprised. My bad, my bad ;P
I was under the same impression. Shinku was more sad than surprised, thought it seemed she felt sorry for Gin when she saw that.
AthenAltena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 02:29   Link #456
RM-FAN
Anti-Nina Einstein

the only one that dont like of the ovas was that dont say who repaer Gin after of the first season and dont talk NOTHING about of Kirakishou

but, there is some important, Shiku say to Sara that exist 7 dolls, that significate that Kira is a legitime doll, dont you?

BTW MY OVERALL FOR OUVERTÜRE IS A 9.5
RM-FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 06:01   Link #457
Alu
Guide my hand...

What lies beyond Pain and Tragedy... Comfort in Anger...

~

There are few things in this life that can lead a person to experience such feelings.. intangible, formless, without words...

Unfortunaly what can be used to describe such events is nowadays mostely seen as cliche, but even if it may seem as such.., there are little times, very little in fact.. when we experience moments that present us with immaculated forms of beauty.
And though what I wish to englobe in this is but a Anime story, Rozen Maiden has lead me to experience something truly unique.

Tragedy is Beauty in all its Perfection...

~

What I am about to writte down now has probably already been said and discussed times back; as I have gone through all the pages many opinions where stated regarding all the events that unfolded...; never the less even though I was not here with you all during the time when both episodes first aired, I would not forgive myself, as someone who has felt so much for this story not to share my prespectives.

Almost 1 year has passed and my expectations where definitly not in vain.. Ouverture was all that I had hoped for and even more then I could have imagined.

Probably the first thing that all like myself where surprised was definitly the way that Peach-Pit decided to deliver us this prequel in the story; doing such in the form of a explination (due to a event that happened while we where still in the middle storytime of Traumend) was simply brilliant..
Hence not only giving us the chance to re-live short special aspects that we have loved while seeing Rozen Maiden for the first time.., aspects like Shinku bossing Jun arround, Suisei Seki embarresed and then beating on Jun ~desu, Kanaria still trying to sneak into the House, a bit of a Kun-Kun episode, and last Enju with Bara Suishou in his arms.. (something that also gaved us a in-sight on how in fact Enju's main and only wish was for his doll to be victorious over the Rozen Maiden, as so that his creation would have surpassed those of his master...).

But most importantly, aside from all of this... it not only gaved us the reasons as to why the hatred between Shinku and Gin existed when we first saw them, but it brought us back to the begining of the entire story.

It toke me a while to understand why some mencioned as to which "side" I would stand; but as in my prespective all of what happened that we witnessed in Ouverture was a culmination of all the aspects that toke place.., from love, pain, disbelief, vanity, betrayal, anger and revenge... the conclusion we saw is a result of all these feelings.
Not because it was ment to be or because someone is to blame.. but simply because it was how they unfolded; each is a crucial part in the overall equation.

As it was (even though it pains me to say this) Rozen's choice on Gin... something that again.. I could not have imagined to this point just how tragic and dramatic her existence had been..
If it was Rozen's plan to deprive Gin of love and affection so that she could experience the pain of beeing alone and outcasted, learning then compassion towards those in the same position..; And above all on her own still fightning and showing love for that which made her the way she was, hopeing to prove that she was worth becoming Alice instead of just thinking " I am worth it "..., we might never know.., but I myself.. would like to think so..

Unfortunatly though.. the course of a story is not always linear, as other aspects came into play... willing, unwilling, by other characters involved. In the end.. aspects that are part of how we are, how each person is in terms of understanding each other.

We are taken back to a time as where Shinku still only viewed the Alice Game as something she was destined to take part and win, regardless of the consequences...
Arrogant and vainness as the one whom Father loved the most, the one who was stronger amongst all of the Rozen Maiden and the one who was destined to become Alice...; having recieved Rozen's most precious gift and not knowing any pain or suffering automaticaly placed her (in her own head) above all the other dools..., even if sometimes it was not her intention to do such..
Due to her limited experience at the time, this was always how she viewed herself, it was not her fault for doing such...; beeing this where the tragedy starts... she was not aware of anything else, of what it would be like to have experienced what Gin had.

So even though she helped Gin with love and not pitty.., she always was in disbelief towards the fact that Gin was a Rozen Maiden, for in her mind how could Father had created something so flawed and that would still have the same chance as herself (Shinku) to become Alice..

Shinku did in fact cared for Gin, but like in often happens in real life... Shinku for not knowing the feelings and pain Gin did... made the mistake of caring too much but overlooking things on a diferent prespective... only wanting to see her happy instead of acknowledging that what was most important to Gin was to be viewed as an equal..

For Gin, having experienced the pain of beeing left behind, to watch as Father built and showed love for each of her sisters while to her all of this was denied with no given explination; it goes beyond words the force of will that she made to on her own pull herself and try to still show Father that even though she had made her like this.. she still loved him above all.
Even beeing incompleat.. she was still a Rozen Maiden, and loved Father probably more then any other of her sisters..; despite not having a Rosa Mystica, for this alone.. she deserved to be viewed as an equal...

Thus when she learned as to how Shinku viewed her when in par with all the Rozen Maiden, even when she was now given a Rosa Mystica and acepted by Father... she felt betrayed for the fact that the one who had extended a hand to her when no one else did always thought of her as beeing inferior and never worthy of even beeing granted the chance to reach Alice..

This betrayal hurt her so deep, for she had viewed Shinku as her one and true friend, the one whom she owed everything from beeing able to walk, to smile to even now having the possibility to show Father that there was no reason for him to be ashamed of her... that it quickly shifted to anger.. blinding her compleatly from trying understand that it was not Shinku's fault why she acted as she did, for she did not know any better..

Compleatly blinded now, thinking Shinku only showed pitty for her as a way to heighten herself, always laughtning down thinking she was superior... Gin turned to the only action she had left.. saying to Shinku that she was not the one who was worth becoming Alice and destroying the Brooch that Father made for her as revenge..

For Shinku that Brooch was Father's gift to her.. the object she most treasured above all for it showed just how much Father loved her..., as soon as Gin destroyed it Shinku was then with no other choice then to counter-attack Gin where it hurt the most, her weakest point... calling her Junk..

Beeing this.. as how and why the tragedy occured.., leading us to the conclusion we saw..
No one is to blame... the way as to how circustances flowed is how the story unfolded.. dramatic, tragic.. absolutley beautiful..

To me having seen all of this play out was realy beyond words..., on many times as I saw Gin crying in pain, seeing her smile with Shinku... to then in the end the explosion of anger on both parts tears streamed down my face.., and probably not even if I where to cut down my wrists I would feel the same pain that Gin did..

Ouverture did not in fact deliver many answers in terms how Rosa Mysticas where created and aspects alike.., but most importantly it gaved us the entire compleat background on Gin and her relation with Shinku.

However some aspects that hold some relevant significance must not be forgotten..;
aspects like Sousei Seki's devotion towards Father for example; aspect this that we now can conclude that was always built into her caracter from the begining, solely and only her wish was always to fulfill Father's desires.
Beeing the reason as to why we where not able to see this in Season 1 was due to her display of devotion towards her master instead.

And of course.. Laplace.., whom it seems has been assisting Enju longer then we had imagined.., but most importantly from what we witnessed he seems to act as a moderator in the Alice Game, holding even control over the Rozen Maiden..
Needless to say that, now more then ever... we can view him as someone who controls all the pieces in the boards and sets each stage always manipulating things behind the curtains.., I wonder now where all of this will lead too..

All and all though, to me this was to me the best part of the story that is Rozen Maiden so far..., now we can only imagine what a Season 3 will bring..

Sorry for the long post everyone ^^
Alu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 06:20   Link #458
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alu
Almost 1 year has passed and my expectations where definitly not in vain.. Ouverture was all that I had hoped for and even more then I could have imagined.
This is something I agree with. Ouverture exceeded my expectations. And you make a good point, I didn't notice it beforehand. True, giving the explanation in a flashback form with Sou relating gave us a chance to enjoy the state they were in; and I think I enjoyed Ouverture all the more better for those scenes. Like a lovely memory, they were.

Quote:
Not because it was ment to be or because someone is to blame.. but simply because it was how they unfolded; each is a crucial part in the overall equation.
Quote:
No one is to blame... the way as to how circustances flowed is how the story unfolded.. dramatic, tragic.. absolutley beautiful..
I can't say I agree more.

►►►---------------------------------------------------------------------------◄◄◄

Okay. Here, I have a sad announcement to make. Looks I will miss watching the wide-screen version of Ouverture.

Due to overwhelming circumstances in my home country, Singapore, I will have to take a forced hiatus from downloading and watching Anime (Bascially, if I don't want my butt sued off). It's very sad that my Anime downloading days may be coming to an abrupt end, but I guess, looking at it from perspective, that this comes at a "good" time since it will afford me more time to focus on my school work, especially in regard to my final report, which more or less governs if I graduate with honours or not. I guess it also accelerates another longer hiatus of a few years I will have to take in the near future, due to my being enlisted.

So, I guess this will be the last of Lost you'll see in a while, at least for the months of January and Febuary; I'll still lurk around here tho, but it pains me not to be able to add anything new to discussions, especially of up-coming Anime I have had to drop from my to-watch list.

Ja ne.

Last edited by Lost; 2007-01-07 at 09:54.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 06:23   Link #459
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ as expected! it was a gread read thx alu ^__^

shinku did help gin out of love but at the same time tho what led to that being love was the pitty that felt before ~ pitty for gin being unwanted and from that grew love to take care of her because she knew that she wont be able to stay with gin for very much longer...by helping her stand on her two feet shinku was trying to do gin a favor and to teach her to be strong...but still what loomed in the back of her head was "you poor one...you have been abandoned by father but at least you can live a happy life with sara" ~

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 06:38   Link #460
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Ah, nice to see you're on Shinku's side Alu never lets me down

Tags
adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, nomad, ova, peach-pit, seinen, sequel, supernatural