AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-07-14, 00:53   Link #61
Nobushige

i have bad feeling when
Spoiler for :
..............would the ending be like that............i hope not...........
Nobushige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 09:05   Link #62
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerwoods View Post
Yes, I listened to it, but only once, because after the second episode I dropped the show (I didn't have enough time to keep up); so I don't really remember the song, and this might be because it wasn't so good, maybe I'll check it out again.
However, as I said, I don't mind the intro and ending sequence too much as long as the show is a good one (and this one seems to be so).
The jazz openings for Crystal Blaze and this show really pale in comparison to Baccano! Still haven't got sick of that great tune.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 12:07   Link #63
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

First thought: The title's is too damned long! It's a mouthful to read and remember.

Second thought after watching the first subbed episode: I like.

An X-file'ish kind of show targeted at older audiences. Mature women who aren't afraid to use their sexuality to achieve their goals ("Might is right", haha). More importantly, a lady detective/inspector/sepcial agent with an ego to match James Bond's, along with the same penchant for sexual harassment, but from a woman instead.

I'm not particularly bothered by the "bland" animation because the story's premise intrigues me. The OP was nice — it reminds me of an OAV I cannot immediately recall, which also featured the profiles of long-legged, gun-toting beauties.

Ryoko (my short-form for the show — a copyeditor's perogative) doesn't yet scream "Wow", but it's good enough to keep me interested for now. Plus, it's fun to see how dense Junichiro can get. I'm not surprised that Ryoko flirts with him, although it remains to be seen whether she genuinely likes him, or merely sees him as a challenging "prospect" to conquer (the same way a man might live for the thrill of chasing an impossibly beautiful woman).
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 13:05   Link #64
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
First thought: The title's is too damned long! It's a mouthful to read and remember.... Ryoko (my short-form for the show — a copyeditor's perogative)....
I like Anime News Network's version: "Ryoko's Case File." I think the literal translation would be "Yakushiji Ryouko's Casebook of Strange Events." And three cheers for the copyeditor's prerogative.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 16:30   Link #65
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Ryoko (my short-form for the show — a copyeditor's perogative) doesn't yet scream "Wow", but it's good enough to keep me interested for now. Plus, it's fun to see how dense Junichiro can get. I'm not surprised that Ryoko flirts with him, although it remains to be seen whether she genuinely likes him, or merely sees him as a challenging "prospect" to conquer (the same way a man might live for the thrill of chasing an impossibly beautiful woman).
Oh, Ryoko genuinely likes him, especially if you read the novel. Despise all the sexy-ness Ryoko has, there's a line she won't cross unless it's Junichiro.

Others might get a peek and worship her greatness from a far, only Junichiro got to touch what is untouchable...
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 16:53   Link #66
Molenir

Yeah, Anime-Source is going with Ryoko's Case File as well. It's certainly much easier to remember.

Also have to say, I was very surprised by how good this show has turned out so far. Has a Noir feel to it. At least the first episode anyway, we'll see how things go from here.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 17:04   Link #67
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Oh, Ryoko genuinely likes him, especially if you read the novel. Despise all the sexy-ness Ryoko has, there's a line she won't cross unless it's Junichiro.

Others might get a peek and worship her greatness from a far, only Junichiro got to touch what is untouchable...
I was wondering... Is this a given from the start in the novels? Or does she develop feelings as the chapters roll by?

Since the anime starts off after the events of the books, us newcomers aren't familiar with certain details. I'm interested in this one in particular, not to mention how or why does Yukiko develop an attraction to Izumida as well.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 17:29   Link #68
Dop
Mmmm....

That was dead interesting from the off, although I suspect the designer of the opening titles may have seen too many Bond films!

If episode one is anything to go by ,this is going to be one of my must-see series for this season.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 17:47   Link #69
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
I was wondering... Is this a given from the start in the novels? Or does she develop feelings as the chapters roll by?
It's implied that Ryoko is at least interested if not already have some feeling for Junichiro before the novel start in the first novel and it become fairly obvious that something is there for Ryoko toward Junichiro by the end of the first novel. Then it all goes form there, with Ryoko become more and more aggressive and posessive.

Couple of info that gave the hints in the novel:

=> Ryoko knows about Junichiro's breakup with his girlfriend just before the novel and Junichiro isn't the type to talk about this unless someones specifically asks him, which shows at least Ryoko is keeping an eye on him.

=> While everyone in Ryoko's department are hand-picked by her, Junichiro is the first person she picked and is the only one she insist on having.

=> Junichiro was Ryoko's supervisor 5 years ago when Ryoko was an interm. During that time Ryoko invited him to her apartment (as the only male to ever get invited and set a foot in her room) and even personally cooked for him (First and only time in her life). Unfortunately the meal went terribally wrong, because unknowingly, cooking is Ryoko's only weakness and the event cause Junichiro a mental scar that he keep refering back to. He also setup his mind believing that Royko purposely set him up just to watch him suffer.

Last edited by Undertaker; 2008-07-15 at 12:52.
Old 2008-07-14, 19:46   Link #70
kujoe
from head to heel

Thanks for the info.

But what about Yukiko's attraction towards Izumida? Is this just a given as well?
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 22:24   Link #71
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I like Anime News Network's version: "Ryoko's Case File." I think the literal translation would be "Yakushiji Ryouko's Casebook of Strange Events." And three cheers for the copyeditor's prerogative.
Haha, busted.

Hmm, Ryoko's Case File works better indeed. I'm not normally fond of using English titles for anime, but this one's definitely an exception.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 02:23   Link #72
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Undertaker said that Yukiko does likes him, though I did hear somewhere that she also admires his sense of justice.

Anyway, watched episode 2 non-subtitled version. Ryoko's very sexy when she had a sneaking suit underneath her trench coat.

ANN said that a foreign talent, Christelle Ciari, is doing one of the maids.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 02:50   Link #73
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

I found these scans as well:

http://www.animepaper.net/gallery/sc...iki-Jikenbo/1/

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2008-07-15, 12:43   Link #74
Undertaker

Well Yukiko is more ambiguous in that regard, maybe it's something that's more than friendship/work-relation but not quite love yet.

There are couple nice scene in novel where Yukiko was in danger and Juichiro either saves her or took care of her which leads to the Yukiko blushing, also everytime Yukiko and Juichiro has privat meeting it's been in a date-like setting (ie. cafe), although they mostly discuss about cases and the trouble Ryoko caused. There's also a couple time when Ryoko gets too close to Juichiro and Yukiko will try to break that apart. But overall it is not as clear as Ryoko, though it might simply due to Yukiko's personality.

It only makes sense the maids are done by foreigners, becauseb they only speak French (maybe some English, can't remeber) and they both can't speak Japanese. They are suppose to be legit French loli-maids......

Last edited by Undertaker; 2008-07-15 at 13:03.
Old 2008-07-15, 15:40   Link #75
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

I don't mind if tarento does seiyuu work. As long as he/she does it well, then it's no problem for me.

Which begs the question, is Christelle French?

If someone were to do fanfic stories of this, pairings I can see are Ryoko/Junichiro. Maybe Yukiko/Junichiro.

Last edited by Yu Ominae; 2008-07-15 at 17:38.
Old 2008-07-15, 16:26   Link #76
nanafan
horo fan

I agree with Red leaf that this show reminded me a lot of the x-files or that the premise is similar, i like the idea of the show, ryoko is an awesome character.
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 02:06   Link #77
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
This anime wins. I like it.
Old 2008-07-18, 22:44   Link #78
dieseltrain

well seeing ryoko and Izumida relationship develop during the anime would be worth folllowing, and the solving cases along the way is just a bonus.
dieseltrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 05:37   Link #79
SinsI

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseltrain View Post
well seeing ryoko and Izumida relationship develop during the anime would be worth folllowing, and the solving cases along the way is just a bonus.
I'd say such a development has been dragged on in far too many shows for far too long. He should just go and bang her.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 16:52   Link #80
Molenir

After watching the first 2 episodes, this anime is all Win. Jazz OP and ED are great, and the story is sexy and fun. Think this and Hidamari Sketch x365 are probably going to end up being my 2 favorites for this season.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
supernatural