AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-10-27, 08:12   Link #101
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Excellent episode somethings are starting to make sense now. But damn it was bloody the OP scene with all those people getting masscured was tough to watch. Especially the women who had the baby OMG when i saw what they did to her her freakin head was in the celling.

Also, some of the backround sound stood out a bit too. Its like they took the audio a bit further than the norm or maybe it because im using a sound sound set but the crunching of bones and the gurgling of blood along with screams seemed really damn realistic.

Great series so far imaginative, good BGM, great art style and the story sucks you in too. I feel bad for Kuro and Kuromitsu looks like their love really is a cursed one at least for now
Old 2008-10-27, 08:58   Link #102
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Yeesh that was a creepy episode. The way the world 'ended' was sorta like in Hokuto no Ken.

I can totally imagine that kind of 'hit asteroid but instead hit other nations' thing happening if that happened in or world. Just creepy. And of course, add vampires.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 21:47   Link #103
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

There's a bit more on the inspiration for this story at http://en.anime-wiki.org/wiki/Kurozuka with a link to a translation of the Noh play. You might also enjoy Rumiko Takahashi's version of the story where Kuro is replaced by Ataru Moroboshi.... as soon as I heard the name "demoness of Adach" and the "don't look in my room no matter what" bit, I just knew I'd seen this tale before somewhere and I was right!

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Samatarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 20:23   Link #104
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Question...how many chapters are in the manga?
Old 2008-10-28, 22:42   Link #105
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samatarou View Post
There's a bit more on the inspiration for this story at http://en.anime-wiki.org/wiki/Kurozuka with a link to a translation of the Noh play.
It's not actually a translation of the play - just a summary.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 23:42   Link #106
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Episode 4 gave me shivers. I'm convinced, this is THE show of 2008. I still can't fathom how the story survives this sheer timescale. So intriguing.

Btw, I'm so happy to see one of the very few fansubbers that I download here and there are subbing this little gem. Continue the good work, Ureshii.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 01:41   Link #107
SageGaiGar
You are Next

This just continues to get more and more interesting. And the fights.. the visuals.. are taking my breath away. I'll wait patiently for the subs. (after watching the raw) Thanks for the work Ureshii!
SageGaiGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 03:02   Link #108
kamikazex

i like where this is going. probably one of my favorite series this season
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 03:16   Link #109
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

This is one of my top 5 this season and right now it's number one on that list.
Wonderful characters so far and amazing animation. The premise, the gritty world and the carnage.
This anime is so good.
kilroy0097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 03:37   Link #110
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
Question...how many chapters are in the manga?
40 chapters iirc.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 03:37   Link #111
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Is it just me, or is this one of the best programs to come down the pike in the past year? The animation is spectacular for a television series; it's the most striking artwork I've seen since Bakeneko/Mononoke. Yet Kurozuka doesn't rely on looks alone; the story feels much more mature than most anime I've watched for some time. Even shows which strive for the same combination of gore and sexuality like Mnemosyne seem somewhat adolescent in comparison to Kurozuka. (The drawings depicting Kuromitsu being ravished by her vampire lover on the beach are some of the most erotic I've seen in a television anime.)

I've watched all the episodes a few times now and have a better sense for the sequence of events. I'm still puzzled by the opening of episode one, though. It appears as if Kuro jumps back through time from the dysfunctional future to the feudal period. Is this just a bit of artistic license, or are we to believe he is travelling through time? It left me wondering if we don't have some type of time circularity when he's made immortal then returns periodically to his mortal past only to once again bite Kuromitsu.

I found the rationale for the destruction of the future world rather implausible myself. Most discussions of defenses against asteriod collisions rely on bumping the asteroid slightly off its orbital track so that it misses the earth, not blowing it up with dozens of nuclear weapons.

That said, the animation in the future period is just as striking as that in the feudal period. I was a bit surprised no one seemed disturbed by a blood-drenched, sword-carrying Kuro wandering around in this world though. I'm guessing that the symbol we see in both worlds must be the mark of some secret society that has persisted over the centuries.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 03:47   Link #112
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I'm still puzzled by the opening of episode one, though. It appears as if Kuro jumps back through time from the dysfunctional future to the feudal period.
Hmmm i don't know what to call them... but haven't you seen scenes like that before in movies or anime? Though obviously not to the same time difference as Kurozuka's.... you know like say character A is walking across a battlefield he was in 5 years ago and than it switches time frames?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 03:49   Link #113
zzeroparticle
NEET

Send a message via AIM to zzeroparticle
I can't really say that it's one of the better shows, but I can say that the artwork and animation brings back memories of Shigurui, although this series is definitely going at a faster pace than Shigurui. It's dark, gritty, and possesses pretty much the same atmosphere, so I'm eager to see where they're taking this series and how they handle the story in spite of how much it seems to jump around since the chronology is handled rather strangely.
zzeroparticle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 04:05   Link #114
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I just watched ep 2 yesterday was waiting for 175 mb releases hence the delay . I must say the FFWD (>>) and RWD (<<) got me a bit confused . One thing which is commendable about this show is art in ep 2 the animation is spectacular . The same awesomeness associated with Msushihi manga , the art in Kurozuka is used as a mteaphor to represnet the mood in genral . The romance is very sensual and well handled . I wish this was an OVA so well ... <cough> we could see Kuromitsu in all her splendor and beauty .

With this episode I am fascinated and intrigued at the same time whats in store for us
Old 2008-10-29, 08:52   Link #115
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samatarou View Post
There's a bit more on the inspiration for this story at http://en.anime-wiki.org/wiki/Kurozuka with a link to a translation of the Noh play. You might also enjoy Rumiko Takahashi's version of the story where Kuro is replaced by Ataru Moroboshi.... as soon as I heard the name "demoness of Adach" and the "don't look in my room no matter what" bit, I just knew I'd seen this tale before somewhere and I was right!
Heh, I wonder if it has the typical Takahashi artwork.

It seems I'm one of the few Takahashi fans remaining. Would be nice to track it down.

BTW, Noh plays are creepy.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 05:20   Link #116
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I'm still puzzled by the opening of episode one, though. It appears as if Kuro jumps back through time from the dysfunctional future to the feudal period. Is this just a bit of artistic license, or are we to believe he is travelling through time? It left me wondering if we don't have some type of time circularity when he's made immortal then returns periodically to his mortal past only to once again bite Kuromitsu.
Firstly, this is likely artistic license. Another idea would be that, being immortal, his memory start to mix up events and time periods.

Quote:

I found the rationale for the destruction of the future world rather implausible myself. Most discussions of defenses against asteriod collisions rely on bumping the asteroid slightly off its orbital track so that it misses the earth, not blowing it up with dozens of nuclear weapons.
I think of it as "Deep Impact" and "Armageddon" going very wrong. Remember that in the panic, the nukes, supposed to be programmed to aim the asteroid, aimed towns instead.

EDIT: I do think this is my favorite of the season. Depending on how it unfold and deliver, it might turn into my favorite show of the year.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 07:30   Link #117
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 04:
Old 2008-10-30, 08:17   Link #118
Elvanvitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Spoiler for Episode 04:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Elvanvitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 15:18   Link #119
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Just watched ep 1 for lunch........ um..... wow. Not often left in utter silence after watching something. Gritty and ethereal all at once.
Old 2008-10-30, 15:44   Link #120
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Even if they are in spoiler tags, manga spoilers are not allowed. Could people please edit their posts.

Tags
madhouse, vampire