AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Regios

Notices

Old 2009-01-14, 14:27   Link #101
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

oh come on , it's not very confused ! It's the first episode OMG !
Kurozuka was more confused and not only him more anime too !
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 14:30   Link #102
Boduar

Lol try Chaos Head for confusing for that matter although I think the point of the anime was to make you wonder WTF was going on.
Boduar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 15:58   Link #103
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Also herbert, you are discussing manga facts that have not been revealed in the anime yet. Please put that into spoiler tags.
I don't really my post was a big spoiler. I just corrected some misunderstandings here and there. And these have very little to do with plot, just some background info. Plus, I'm talking about novel, not manga...

spoiler tag is in place.
Old 2009-01-14, 21:44   Link #104
Cinocard

You did it wrong, there isn't any tag

But i wouldn't have counted if you hadn't said there are 12 members in the group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asrielchase View Post
Which childhood friend?

I read the novels but cant seem to remember there's any disappearance of a childhood friend. Maybe anidb got it wrong somehow...
I immediately think of the girl at the end who wrote about "Grendan" (and what the heck is that? A sacred place where the incident first happened to ruin the world?) But it's strange if novel readers have no idea about it.

How far are you reading now?
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 22:00   Link #105
meh

Didn't have high hopes for the series, but did like the first episode. Always do like a main character who tries to hold back power, rather than a useless main character who goes around trying to fight everyone(the latter is way too common IMO).

Although if I hadn't read the descriptions, I'd have thought this anime was based on a visual novel rather than a light novel. So many girls...
meh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 23:19   Link #106
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

So, dumb question - is Harley male or female?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 23:34   Link #107
iceyfw

Harley is male
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 00:43   Link #108
asrielchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post

I immediately think of the girl at the end who wrote about "Grendan"

How far are you reading now?

Currently reading the sixth one.

That girl is his childhood friend, but well, she's still writing to him so she didn't disappear or whatsoever. Anidb definitely has some weird source of info.

Spoiler for Grendan:
Old 2009-01-15, 00:54   Link #109
iceyfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by asrielchase View Post
Spoiler for Grendan:
Spoiler:

Last edited by iceyfw; 2009-01-15 at 01:38.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 09:25   Link #110
tzia_n
Lurker

Send a message via Yahoo to tzia_n
Gone are the days when we actually took time to guess what the hell is going on in the story. Now we just ask the manga / novel readers

But seriously, keep the talk of the novel at a minimum. I personally don't mind spoilers (since I read them) but it's kinda annoying when posts after posts have spoiler tags in them. Of course, if the entire post is spoiler-tagged, that's even worse

But going back on topic, this seems like an interesting show. The juxtaposition of the two different timelines was both confusing and intriguing. My first guess was that the fight scene pointed to the future and that we'll get to see Leyfon (sp?) grow to be that warrior. But then someone pointed out that that may not be the case

I don't know why, but I like the white-hair girl the most. And whenever the main character is cool and not annoying / pathetic, that's huge plus points for me
tzia_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 09:31   Link #111
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzia_n
My first guess was that the fight scene pointed to the future and that we'll get to see Leyfon (sp?) grow to be that warrior.
The thing is, that the warrior sounded like a twelve year old, while Layfon sounded alot older. I'm still betting my money that it's Layfon from the past defending his hometown Grenden and that he's once this badass mofo but somehow got dis-owned or whatver and kicked out to Zenri City.

Who's the name of the white-haired loli btw (Ferri?) and should I read the CSR - Missing Mail everones here talking about?
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 10:15   Link #112
tzia_n
Lurker

Send a message via Yahoo to tzia_n
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
The thing is, that the warrior sounded like a twelve year old, while Layfon sounded alot older. I'm still betting my money that it's Layfon from the past defending his hometown Grenden and that he's once this badass mofo but somehow got dis-owned or whatver and kicked out to Zenri City.

Who's the name of the white-haired loli btw (Ferri?) and should I read the CSR - Missing Mail everones here talking about?
True, he sounded a bit girlish during the fights, but I never really trusted my hearing before since it sucks But it just goes against the norm to have the main character already powerful instead of having him grow / realize his powers.

and I have no idea what Missing Mail is. Is it the light novel?
tzia_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 11:00   Link #113
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzia_n
and I have no idea what Missing Mail is. Is it the light novel?
Finally read it, Its a manga version but its somewhat set in an alternate universe differs from the anime. Its quite Layfon x Ferri (white-haired-loli) centric lol. The translations are out around chapter 4-5 btw.

By reading Missing-Mail I think I'm gonna enjoy Chrome Shelled Regios alot.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 12:13   Link #114
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

this is rather interesting. i guess i'll follow this one too. i can't wait to see how kickass Layfon really is compared to everyone else.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 15:33   Link #115
Boduar

Anyone know when ep2 airs>?
Old 2009-01-15, 17:22   Link #116
whiter
C.C, Matsuri and Horo,

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Finally read it, Its a manga version but its somewhat set in an alternate universe differs from the anime. Its quite Layfon x Ferri (white-haired-loli) centric lol. The translations are out around chapter 4-5 btw.

By reading Missing-Mail I think I'm gonna enjoy Chrome Shelled Regios alot.
I agree the manga seems a lot better when it comes to interaction between Ferri and Lai'fon, however we've yet to see episode two. I don't think it'll make any different, but I hope they won't dumb her, since charracters like Ferri (read mysterious and withdrawing) are usually forgotten and left behind.
Old 2009-01-15, 23:26   Link #117
DangerMouse

I loved Felli in that first ep, usually the taciturn character only gives the vaguest of hints of emotion under the "mask" and only after several episodes of "mystery", but right off the bat from the first ep we already see her hilariously letting off steam in private beating the crap out of the pipe with it's exaggerated animation and screaming at it before recomposing herself, it usually takes like 10 episodes to get a scene like that from the "mysterious girl".

And Nina was much better than the usual female lead character bringing in the main male character to their team, less antics than usual and she actually requests him and the scene where she does was good too, ofcourse it helps that he's actually a main character with some skills. I think I'm going to like her too.

I liked the show's focus on setting up and offering good action because it's been a really long time since we've gotten a downright plot-based action adventure (non-shonen-jump style I mean) with likeable characters like what the first episode offered.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2009-01-20 at 14:10.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 09:37   Link #118
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Oh damn that battle in the first episode is really cool. Those guys are bad ass and one insane bug. ^^
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 17:46   Link #119
ThoHell

Poor Lai'fon can't seem to make anyone happy, everyone seems to be pushing him. Guess that's because he's hiding his true self. Hmm this should be interesting watching him reveal himself. Guess we're going to have to build him some resolve or something....
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 19:21   Link #120
Boduar

More likely he needs to lose his resolve in order to show his powers. His resolve is the only thing that allowed him to try and keep himself in the General Ed. department instead of going with what he knows hes good at.

Tags
fantasy, shounen