AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-06, 01:50   Link #2141
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The episode explaining about Johansenn's Book alleviated on me the burden of unanswered questions that I have been stacking since this show began.

We're got the framework of the jigsaw puzzle, but there are still remaining pieces out there to get in order to build up the answer.

From what Johansenn postulated in his book, I can come up with that more than two different timelines are existing, converging with one another without overlapping with one another.

Spoiler:

I think as well that since time and space continuum changes can be overwritten via use of the Quartz Gun a side-effect triggers the dimensions in-between the timelines to overlap with each other and could explain Eureka's projection reaching Ao.
However, maybe I'm just critically wrong with that statement above.

After all, the Scub Coral and Secrets are existing in Ao's timeline when the former aren't supposed to exist at all triggering the latter to manifest in that timeline in order to erase them. But how the Secrets managed to get into Ao's timeline or by what means?

Maybe the Secrets have their own variant of Quartz, as Scub Corals do, and used it to rewrite themselves to appear into Ao's timeline.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 15:15   Link #2142
konart

Ep.19

MY.
F*cking.
God.
Spoiler for Fleur:

Last edited by konart; 2012-09-06 at 15:25.
konart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 17:08   Link #2143
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Hmmmmm... Ep19 was a lot of set up and characters coming out and saying things which most people already figured out several episodes ago. That's a good thing though, since it gets a few hanging plot elements out of the way, and then.... yeah with that climax something's definitely going to happen next week.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 21:36   Link #2144
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Hard to get a good grasp on this one without translation:
Spoiler:
Old 2012-09-07, 00:38   Link #2145
DangerMouse

Can't wait to see the ep.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 01:30   Link #2146
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Hard to get a good grasp on this one without translation:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Elena:
Old 2012-09-07, 03:43   Link #2147
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Spoiler for Elena:
Spoiler for Elena:
Old 2012-09-07, 04:20   Link #2148
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Spoiler for Elena:
Spoiler for Elena:
Old 2012-09-07, 08:29   Link #2149
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Spoiler for Elena:
Spoiler for Elena:
Old 2012-09-07, 08:46   Link #2150
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Upcoming ep credits:

Ep20
Script: Shou Aikawa
Episode Director: Daisuke Chiba
Storyboard: Hitoshi Nanba (Namimi Sanjo), Tomoki Kyoda
Animation Directors: Koichi Horikawa, Hideto Komori, Yoshiya Yamamoto
Mecha Animation Director: Nekomataya

Ep21
Script: Shinichi Inotsume
Episode Director: Hiroko Kazui
Storyboard: Katsumi Terahigashi
Animation Directors: Shigeru Fujita, Chikashi Kadekaru, Satomi Kani
Mecha Animation Director: Shingo Abe

Ep22
Script: Shou Aikawa
Episode Director: TBA
Storyboard: TBA
Animation Directors: TBA
Mecha Animation Director: TBA
Old 2012-09-07, 10:19   Link #2151
miketyson

This episode had a lot to think about but it does feel like we've just set off towards that rushed ending, imho. Fingers crossed that that's not true.

morbosfist:
Spoiler for Truth:

Another plot point I'm a bit unclear on:
Spoiler for Blanc:
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 16:38   Link #2152
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
This episode had a lot to think about but it does feel like we've just set off towards that rushed ending, imho. Fingers crossed that that's not true.
More like we're set off towards a non-ending. >_<
Old 2012-09-07, 19:17   Link #2153
Tyr Valein

I guess I'm still watching out of obligation at this point. We have tons of characters die this episode, but we've honestly seen Harlequin do nothing but read datapads and monitors all day. Why do I care, AO? Random character death doesn't make it interesting or deep or particularly heart-wrenching for that matter...its just random. Blanc's death had a tiny bit more of an impact because we've gotten to know him a little but other than that, Truth dodging bullets by floating around and him just blowing things up and creating some kind of force with his MIND just made it totally ridiculous. In fact, its been totally ridiculous since the minute he showed up and started doing this kind of crap.

I'll watch until the finish because I like Eureka Seven alot, but as far as I'm concerned this sequel never existed. NEVER.
Tyr Valein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 19:53   Link #2154
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Finally, a version with an ending.

Spoiler:
Old 2012-09-07, 20:39   Link #2155
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

with all the deaths that are not too dramatic something tells me its not legitimate deaths since AO still has the Quartz Gun and one fire from it can make the timeline change so that those deaths never happen lol

so the public theory about Truth being a Secret is now confirmed and Truth's main ability is to control electricity (or electromagnetism)
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 20:42   Link #2156
miketyson

Well, at least I've been counting on the open-ended ending that'll leave open the possibility of additional sequels since the beginning...low expections for the win here, I guess.

I also like the original mostly for the world-building and setting, and for whatever reason AO seems to feel similar.

But seriously, who's our antagonist right now? I guess it's Truth but he feels more like just this really, really annoying roommate you won't miss once he's gone.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 22:11   Link #2157
Justin_Brett

Nakayama, maybe? He's more interesting than Truth, even if that's really, really easy.

Spoiler:
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 23:49   Link #2158
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr Valein View Post
I guess I'm still watching out of obligation at this point. We have tons of characters die this episode, but we've honestly seen Harlequin do nothing but read datapads and monitors all day. Why do I care, AO? Random character death doesn't make it interesting or deep or particularly heart-wrenching for that matter...its just random. Blanc's death had a tiny bit more of an impact because we've gotten to know him a little but other than that, Truth dodging bullets by floating around and him just blowing things up and creating some kind of force with his MIND just made it totally ridiculous. In fact, its been totally ridiculous since the minute he showed up and started doing this kind of crap.

I'll watch until the finish because I like Eureka Seven alot, but as far as I'm concerned this sequel never existed. NEVER.
You're certainly welcome to that opinion, but I think it's crazy.

I think the show's been great and I really like a lot of the characters myself and just as important the story's had me hooked. Hell yes this sequel existed, and it's been really good.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 23:59   Link #2159
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
You're certainly welcome to that opinion, but I think it's crazy.
It's not that crazy IMO. I don't feel the characters either. In general, the characterization in the series comes across as really flat to me.

Personally, this series would have been a disappointment for me even if it wasn't a sequel. At this point I keep watching because there are only a few more episodes to go, but I'm pretty apathetic about it.
Old 2012-09-08, 01:27   Link #2160
ReddyRedWolf

Okay so we got three antagonists with different agendas.

Truth wants to bring down the order of the world as it is lies, with Chaos to expose the truth. The Shadow expy.

Secrets are guardians of Order. They wont care if Humans get blown up with them targeting Quartz to maintain the order of the universe they're in. The Vorlon expy.

Naru/Scub she wants humanity and the Scub to be one through assimilation. Not realizing it was a mistake the Scub discovered as it would lead to the Limit of Questions. The Borg expy.

Last edited by ReddyRedWolf; 2012-09-08 at 01:59.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, mecha, romance, science fiction, shounen