AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 95 68.84%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 18.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 3.62%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 3.62%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.45%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.72%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 2.17%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.72%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.72%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-07-12, 13:55   Link #21
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Oh, so you were the one raping the poll results with F5 to see what score someone gives to the episode, uh...

I know you're burning inside by now because of that 4/10 certain person gave to the episode but just deal with it.

Btw, I said why the 7, 7 = good.

sigh

I wouldn't mind requesting a deal with mods and give this a lesser score if it makes you happy.

@Blitz 1/2: Ouch, don't rub the salt on the wound. I miss Kawa-chan.
I mean. I was just looking at the poll results at the top and your post says you gave it a 7... I didn't have to see the poll to notice that. I am kind of angry at the 4 though... but whatever... I guess you said it was good... but I am still wondering why you gave it a 7, because you have seen this series for a long time obviously raildex (at least a few years). I started past November, so you obviously have longer exposure than me to it which is why I care

Also, don't tease me. That's mean
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 13:56   Link #22
Miraluka
Banned

Is Touma's cellphone a Nokia? After getting shocked still works fine.

And Dog the cat(like this name) must be some kind of esper with resistance to electric attacks or maybe a magician in disguise

@dniv Can't help myself I love teasing people that way.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 13:58   Link #23
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Is Touma's cellphone a Nokia? After getting shocked still works fine.

And Dog the cat(like this name) must be some kind of esper with resistance to electric attacks or maybe a magician in disguise: heh:
Like I said: Cat>Vending Machine> Level 5.

And that's what I thought about the phone. Anyway, that phone looks indestructible It's a good thing they gave Touma that upgraded indesctructible looking phone!
Old 2013-07-12, 14:15   Link #24
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
And Dog the cat(like this name) must be some kind of esper with resistance to electric attacks or maybe a magician in disguise
The way I see it. Dog observed Touma getting shocked and noticed that his right hand took no damage, so when Misaka's final attack went off, Dog leapt to the safety of Touma's hand to avoid damage, which is why Dog was right next to Touma afterwards.

But man, this episode. The animation and background music make the bridge scene so much more alive than the index variant, especially since Misaka's lightning blasts weren't stock animation. I miss not hear Mami kawada Ame though. Can't wait for the subs so I can understand what they are saying. I liked that in the dorm scene we got Kuroko's perspective as well as Touma's. I am also glad they showed how Touma left the dorm in this one, where the Index version left it ambiguous.
Old 2013-07-12, 14:24   Link #25
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPG_Fanatic View Post
The way I see it. Dog observed Touma getting shocked and noticed that his right hand took no damage, so when Misaka's final attack went off, Dog leapt to the safety of Touma's hand to avoid damage, which is why Dog was right next to Touma afterwards.
Lolwhut?!

What kind of skill is that? Precognition--nya?

Nah, I know you did there.
Old 2013-07-12, 14:32   Link #26
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Just watched it again while waiting for subtitles. I listened to it with max volume instead of low volume this time. I went OMG as I heart the OSTs. They were incredible. Here I complete believe Railgun OST >> Index OST not even a comparison to be made.

Railgun S made this scene so emotional that it was absolutely perfect. I was really waiting for this all season actually, and am happy that I have finally seen it. This is one of the most emotional scenes in Raildex or any anime for that matter.

I am going to die of impatience before subtitles arrive.

This episode single-handedly, I repeat, convinced me that Mikoto has a great character. It is her wide range of emotions that appeals to me. I still haven't completely forgiven her though contrary to what I said before

The PV still looks too good to be true. Aargh. 163 more hours...
Old 2013-07-12, 14:37   Link #27
zaeraal

Next episode looks awesome, I wonder if they will drag the fight for whole two episodes, or finish it in one.

Anyway, as for this episode, the Kuroko scene felt rushed when they removed her "serious part" and added the comedic one instead.
And sigh, they could have explained WHY SHE HAS THAT BIG FRANKENSTEIN-like STUFFED BEAR.
It would have been a nice SoL addition :/ (it was nicely explained in that scene in LN)
Spoiler for LN:
As for the bridge scene, I will have to wait for translation, to fully comment on that (but the animation was great)
As for the Cellphone and Cat surviving, it was quite funny considering the road and metal around was teared apart.

On a side note: he also didn't had any Lightning burns, which is weird, unless IB negated part of the lighning.
(Because she used max voltage a lightning can have, which will, at the very least, cause you burns if not death)
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 14:38   Link #28
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
This episode single-handedly, I repeat, convinced me that Mikoto has a great character. It is her wide range of emotions that appeals to me. I still haven't completely forgiven her though contrary to what I said before
I agree, sadly that only will last until the arc is over .

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
On a side note: he also didn't had any Lightning burns, which is weird, unless IB negated part of the lighning.
(Because she used max voltage a lightning can have, which will, at the very least, cause you burns if not death)
From what I read, it also causes organs malfuncitons, usually on your lungs, heart and brain.
Old 2013-07-12, 15:12   Link #29
DorkingtonPugsly

Good, it was better than all the past versions I've read/watched through. Was expecting a lot, and I got it. My favorite track made a comeback so that was good to hear. Looking forward to next week.
Old 2013-07-12, 15:32   Link #30
BTDK
Himawari no Shoujo
*IT Support

Surpassing all my expectations. I have just intended to watch full pack of season but my mind wasn't calm enough. Watching 14 eps in a row, full fighting to dramatically desperate hope. Railgun !
Old 2013-07-12, 16:09   Link #31
Shadrala
Level 5 Railgun Stalker

Wow, I had high expectations for this ep since it's been done before, but I have to say I think this was the best version! I'm really impressed at how they've linked together all the OSTs introduced this season and they support every part of the storyline perfectly. Also, Mikoto's expressions alone (especially this ep) makes this season worth watching :P

Shadrala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 17:55   Link #32
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by II Maestro View Post
Kuroko's serious moment turns into perverted.

Misaka & Touma moments nice. Yay~!

Misaka crying while blushing is cute!
God! This is powerful.

I really can't wait for the subtitles to come out on this baby. Mikoto x Touma FTW!

Last edited by monir; 2013-07-13 at 03:03. Reason: going less pointless
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 18:23   Link #33
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Damnit phone.

Ok, corrected now, thanks for that.
Ihaxlikenoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 18:45   Link #34
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

@Hamazura

You don't have to be a fan-boy to like this episode. You only have to like slice of life even a little or have a heart. Granted, everyone has their own preferences so I won't comment... (this is ironic because I already am commenting ).

Watch next episode already. It will break all of your illusions.

Also, I'm not a Misaka fanboy and still think she's cute when crying ...

I'm more of an Accel/Touma fanboy (in a good way) (like I appreciate character development) (not liking the character )
Old 2013-07-12, 19:31   Link #35
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Lolwhut?!

What kind of skill is that? Precognition--nya?

Nah, I know you did there.
Dog just takes after his father.
Old 2013-07-12, 19:36   Link #36
R.LocK
My turn

In the end, there's only one proper word to use seeing any hamazura's post: lolwut.

The ep's great. Didn't like Touma's new "no fighting with you"stance, though. Pretty satisfied with bridge scene overall, but I need subs to enjoy it properly.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 20:20   Link #37
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
In the end, there's only one proper word to use seeing any hamazura's post: lolwut.

The ep's great. Didn't like Touma's new "no fighting with you"stance, though. Pretty satisfied with bridge scene overall, but I need subs to enjoy it properly.
I want to make it clear that has a large effect on the viewer because it is exactly what you don't expect. If he would have just fought and stopped her, it wouldn't have been because she decided he was right, it would have been because he forced her.

The point here is that this was incredibly deep. She thought him not wanting to fight her meant that he wasn't that strong in his convictions. It was the opposite. He believes in the fact that she is a good person and will not kill anyone including him and calls her out on it.

She says she can and will in order to save the sisters. But he says that because she won't be saved, he won't let that happen.

She attacks him, but he gets back up because she couldn't truly hurt him that badly. Him not blocking her attack makes it perfectly clear to her that he is convinced that she will not kill him and that he believes that she is a good person. This conviction is absolutely ridiculous. He believes that a person like her who has that much power won't kill him, because she is a good person who doesn't need to take all of that responsibility for herself and can rely on others.

I want to make this clear here. There is a reason this is one of the most powerful sequences in raildex. It is because Touma and Mikoto are not themselves, but in a way are themselves more than usual.

Touma here did what must be done: sacrifice your body in order to help a troubled girl ( just kidding). But he did kind of sacrifice his body in a way

This is the true Touma that has finally made 1 appearance in Railgun S. This is the 1st time in raildex the true Touma has been animated. I argue this is indeed the first time it has been animated, I hope it won't be the last. There is a reason he is my favorite character in Raildex. He is my favorite when he is like or better than this (making that clear).

In my eyes, Railgun S is a sign of the new face of raildex, a much better, cleaner, crisper face that far surpasses the old one, that seasons III of Index, Railgun will both build on.

Edit: I am going to die waiting for subtitles!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Arbuckle from Garfield
AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
It's officially out!!!!!!! HD!!!!!!!!!!~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by dniv; 2013-07-12 at 21:52.
Old 2013-07-12, 22:07   Link #38
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
There are times when I really do appreciate Touma's stubbornness and nonsense and its times like these. Mikoto needed someone to step in and allow her to not have to carry this burden by herself. While it's great that say Kuroko is waiting and trusting, it's at this darkest moment that Mikoto needed someone to step in. Of course it was suicidal to take those attacks without defending himself, but can't exactly blame him for not wanting to fight her. She's already been punishing herself this whole time.

Just a great showdown on that bridge. Crazy that Touma will take those hits and then go and fight Accelerator in that state, but certainly not out of character. But hey, Mikoto managed to sneak in a lap pillow maneuver without it being noticed .
Old 2013-07-12, 22:07   Link #39
SeventhNight

Wow I knew that this was going to be a good adaption, but its already surpassed the manga to me. Between the music, the clear animation and that they're actually taking their time giving it great pacing, the anime has already surpassed the manga in my opinion. And I rarely ever think an adaption has surpassed its source material.

I also have to say I found the cat attacking the bear while Touma was reading the report to be adorable.
SeventhNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 22:45   Link #40
Sphire

Damn, that was magnificent. As much as I've found Touma to be annoying (stuck with Index 1 because of Accel, dropped Index 2 around halfway), this was good. Way good.

He's still just basically the right person at the right time luckily, but seeing it from Misaka's perspective is powerful.

Tags
sexism