AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Nekogoroshi-hen Rating
Perfect 10 25 32.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 17.95%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 10.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 5.13%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.28%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-03, 09:32   Link #21
MrZombie

It was fun, but there's more than a few things wrong with it. Like where was Mion's tatoo? It should have been obvious with what she was mearing. Then there was the fact that the boy and his father's deaths were labeled "Oyashiro-sama's curse" when we'd never heard of it before. Or the random Onikakushi-hen flash back that's never really explained. Did Keiichi remember again or what?
Old 2007-08-03, 09:41   Link #22
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

1) we never heard of this before, because it wasn't related to the "bizarre incidents" around the festival. (it was even before 6 years)
Since it wasn't really explained, and was blatantly an accident, people spread rumor, without really "believing" it, unlike for the festival (various reasons : the date, the style, identities of the victims, etc)
Since it was on the original novel, it wasn't really something the scripters have made by themselves

2) I believe the random onikakushi-hen flashback isn't a "flashback" per se. rather, a foreshadowing hint, and maybe a "fragment" in the subconsciousness of keiichi. The main argument is keiichi didn't get freaked out with this memory. Also, it was extremely conveniently linked with the idiom "the curiosity killed the cat", which is very true in many arcs, especially onikakushi.

the only real discredit is probably the tatoo, indeed.
Old 2007-08-03, 10:31   Link #23
kagato3

Well it could have been Shion that day or the tatoo is smaller then the first season opening made it seem so her hair did cover it.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2007-08-03, 14:24   Link #24
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Thread Guidelines
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
Be aware that people can read spoilers by accident, and this is much worse if it is horribly titled. (General Higurashi doesn't make sense, especially how dangerous and heavy this spoiler was)
Tags are only necessary to prevent people being spoiled by a "theory" or some points in the said episode or previously.
even with these, a proper spoiler title is required, accurate, though NOT revealing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Well it could have been Shion that day or the tatoo is smaller then the first season opening made it seem so her hair did cover it.
Not really possible. if shion is there, mion should be as well (for some obvious reason). as for retconning the tatoo, it is quite... not really a good thing ^^"

Last edited by Klashikari; 2007-08-03 at 14:40.
Old 2007-08-03, 16:55   Link #25
Maritime
Oceanic

It's been a while since I've watched the first season but isn't Mion's 'tattoo' actually a scar?
Old 2007-08-03, 18:08   Link #26
MrZombie

Nope, a large tatoo of an oni.
Old 2007-08-03, 20:27   Link #27
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-08-03, 22:44   Link #28
kitedragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZombie View Post
Nope, a large tatoo of an oni.
Yep. And the interesting part is that is that even if Mion's hair was spread out like Shion's, we should still be able to see at least some of the tatoo.

And we know that it was probably Mion, as Shion wouldn't daydream about being alone with K1.
Old 2007-08-03, 23:00   Link #29
Mappy
Eat This!

That being said, I did like the awkwardness with which she tried to deny the suggestion. A pity we didn't see her face.... her expression would have been priceless.
Old 2007-08-03, 23:13   Link #30
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah the card game was pretty fun. Especially with Mion denying like that and having each one throw in their own personal bets. Gotta love Rika throwing in the right to walk her like a dog. (Oddly enough Keiichi seemed pretty affected by that one )
Old 2007-08-04, 00:23   Link #31
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler for spoiler fromHigurashi Kai Episode 5 :
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2007-08-04, 04:52   Link #32
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
Finally watched this.

I really liked this special it had humor and seriousness also the first season op/end. XD I really loved the card game sequence and the Keiichi and Rika talk at the end. ^^

Though the ending was just so cliffhanger-ish. ;o; Makes me want to know what happens next..

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Old 2007-08-04, 11:12   Link #33
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling View Post
I liked this...but I have to say I'm a little confused about this "quarry" business. I don't remember ever hearing about any quarry in any other chapter...right? But the way it was explained does seem to make it tie in...

Spoiler for Some events in this episode:
I've read most of the game information that's been posted, so it's quite clear what's going on. Saying more would be a big no-no, but recall the first ep of Higurashi Kai. Episode 5 will probably spell things out clearly.
Old 2007-08-04, 19:56   Link #34
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Just posted this in the Episode 5 thread, but also seems to apply here.

After seeing the villagers horribly massacred, it seems clear that some sort of gas (or possibly a bacterial or viral infection, but still airborne) is responsible for the killings.

There is just no other way to see that many people die, that fast, and not have it appear to be a violent murder.

Thanks to Nekogoroshi-hen, we also now know that something's happening in the mountains, just outside of Hinamizawa.

Current working theory:
Spoiler for Just in case:
Old 2007-08-04, 20:27   Link #35
MrZombie

I'm pretty sure that all of what's appeared in this episode isn't really canon.
Old 2007-08-04, 22:46   Link #36
kitedragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZombie View Post
I'm pretty sure that all of what's appeared in this episode isn't really canon.
I remember that it was made by Dragonknight 07 (or whatshisface), so it's probably canon. Also, it ties in with the rest of the Higurashi universe pretty well.
Old 2007-08-04, 23:31   Link #37
Brim
Piro Piro Piro

I really liked this special episode a lot, but I am confused on one point - Mion was at the quarry when she was younger with four other boys, correct? They all looked about the same age... so we hear about the fate of one of her companions. It is implied they are residents of Hanamizawa and almost no one leaves the town because of, well, various reasons implied in the anime.

So, shouldn't the classroom have three more guys around Keiichi's or Mion's age?

Maybe I'm just paranoid... watching this show can do that to a person I guess.

Brim
Old 2007-08-05, 01:41   Link #38
Davidj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brim View Post
I really liked this special episode a lot, but I am confused on one point - Mion was at the quarry when she was younger with four other boys, correct? They all looked about the same age... so we hear about the fate of one of her companions. It is implied they are residents of Hanamizawa and almost no one leaves the town because of, well, various reasons implied in the anime.

So, shouldn't the classroom have three more guys around Keiichi's or Mion's age?

Maybe I'm just paranoid... watching this show can do that to a person I guess.

Brim
Mion's only a month or two away from graduation and she's the eldest in the class. I'm betting those boys graduated last year.
Old 2007-08-05, 05:54   Link #39
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidj View Post
Mion's only a month or two away from graduation and she's the eldest in the class. I'm betting those boys graduated last year.
There's a nearby town, Okinomiya (the kids go there by bike)
If the boys moved there, it wouldn't be considered "leave hinamizawa"
Old 2007-08-05, 06:18   Link #40
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Yup. another big example is probably Natsumi Kimiyoshi's Grand mother, a hardcore believe of Oyashiro-sama, but living in Okinomiya IIRC.