AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2017-09-23, 20:57   Link #4161
RedBlueBlack

So it would seem. Although I am still confused by the differences between the Maria Lancelots.
RedBlueBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-24, 01:17   Link #4162
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
^Yep. If you read the latest chapters, you should know that. But yeah, thanks for the clarification. And no; of course I can't read Japanese.

So basically, the Transcendent Will is trying to assimilate Earth into itself, and Gengo is trying to fight that? And Maria Lancelot wants to help Gengo (which would mean she's rebelling against the Transcendent Will)?
Okay, just found the chapters, and man, Darth Gengo is even more twisted than I imagined, even more than Vader I'd say. Vader never had anything that diabolical planned for his own son.

As for why Maria exists in two different worlds, I honestly can't say. Maria Eluka Nova clearly had no idea the Rounds were sending their corrupted souls to Earth as weapons of mass destruction. Though facing the Lord of Darkness won't be easy, especially when his "Goddess" is by his side, not good. Though maybe, if Kazuya can save Eluka, the current threat to Earth will vanish as well, without him even being there. He's on his own now, either he saves both worlds, or they become assimilated into the Transcendent Will, it's all up to him now.
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-24, 07:47   Link #4163
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Why does the Transcendent Will want to do that, though, I wonder? And from how the word "Nova' is in Elca's Maria's name, I think she's meant to be a part of it. That word carries the meaning of something along the lines "one who would bring about equilibrium", doesn't it? But now she, too, wants to help Kazuya instead.

Maria exists in both worlds probably for the same reason as Satellizer. Although in Maria's case, it might also be because of the fact that Maria Lancelot was also sent by the Transcendent Will.
Old 2017-09-24, 07:49   Link #4164
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Why does the Transcendent Will want to do that, though, I wonder?
- "Till all are one".

The Will may just be interpreting it as the way to save humanity from conflict? Just my guess.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-24, 07:54   Link #4165
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Maybe. But humanity might lose their "self". Which would not be good. Though I doubt the Will cares about that.
Old 2017-09-24, 12:54   Link #4166
RedBlueBlack

I wonder how sentient the Transcendent Will actually is. Like is it self aware? Does it know what it is doing? Or is it more like a hurricane, a naturally occuring force that is nobody's fault? Or is it more akin to an animal? It would be alive, but driven by nothing more than instinct (which would fit Kazuha's speech to Kazuya and the way many Nova act in general).

Idk a part of me also feels like eventually we'll get introduced to a new character who is very unsuspecting and then after a while they will walk up to Kazuya or regular Gengo, smile, and say "Oh by the way I am the living personification of the Transcendent Will".
Old 2017-09-24, 14:28   Link #4167
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, I'm also wondering how sentient it is.

If there's really a living personification of it, and it walks up to one of those two and says that, I wonder what the other party's reaction will be. Not a good one, I'd bet.
Old 2017-09-25, 00:01   Link #4168
Tachibana
タチバナ

The Transcendental Will is more of a phenomenon rather than an actual individual. With the way things are looking. I seems that the only way to stop the Transcendental Will is to overcome it through evolution.

This is why Gengo intends to give all of humanity Stigmata, so that they can evolve to a point that they not only overcome the Transcendental Will but also continue existing.

The world of Elca is in the same boat. However, they don't seem realize this. They seem to be using their own methods of appeasing this Will but it turns out these methods are too reckless and have been subjecting Earth to the danger of the Nova. But really, the Nova seem to be a byproduct of the Transcendental Will. Not to mention that Elca is the source of the Nova threat.

I'm guessing that the Transcendental Will responded to Earth and Elca with the Nova so that only one remains. So going by this, if you defeat the Nova threat and evolve. This would inadvertently save BOTH worlds. Which is something Kazuya can do with his power but he needs Arcadia's help to do so.
Old 2017-09-25, 01:41   Link #4169
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

The different is Gengo is using it through technology while on world of Elca, they don't have such technology. I notice this based on how they are able to use their powers without stigmata.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-25, 12:27   Link #4170
RedBlueBlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
The different is Gengo is using it through technology while on world of Elca, they don't have such technology. I notice this based on how they are able to use their powers without stigmata.
The Rounders have Stigmata. Check out their weapons and artifacts.
Old 2017-09-25, 14:01   Link #4171
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, it seems so. They just use them without Limiters, since they don't have them. Heck, the Limiters' powers wouldn't work on Elca the same way they do on Earth, since they only seem to work on women in Elca. I wonder why.

@Tachibana: Yeah, I think you're right about that. Nice catch, if so.
Old 2017-09-29, 05:32   Link #4172
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

But they are not installed on their backs just like how Gengo and Chevalier apply Stigmata at. Which lead to my conclusion that the world in Elca used more advanced than what Gengo has right now.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-29, 08:06   Link #4173
DragonOsman
Dragon King

You said it the other way around in your previous post. You're kind of contradicting yourself.

But yeah, it's true that the people in Elca don't have Stigmata embedded in their bodies. They still do use them, though.
Old 2017-09-30, 00:29   Link #4174
Tachibana
タチバナ

There was a picture of Louis and a close up of her sword while she was in combat with a zombie-like Pandora-Type in the forest after Kazuya arrived. The close up showed a Stigmata on her sword.

The Rounders DO use Stigmata, there's no mistake about that. Though their Stigma is on their weapons and not implanted on their bodies like the Pandora.

Interesting enough, since the Rounders use the power of Stigmata. Kazuya should be able to induce Transcendence in them as well.
Old 2017-09-30, 16:14   Link #4175
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I wonder if the effects on them will be same as with the Pandora. From the way they react to Freezing in Elca, it would seem so. I don't really like that all that much, but it's still good for a power-up. The problem is that Ibaniel can use Freezing as well and that he'll use it on the women that are on his side if he knows how to make them undergo Transcendence as well.
Old 2017-10-01, 00:50   Link #4176
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
I wonder if the effects on them will be same as with the Pandora. From the way they react to Freezing in Elca, it would seem so. I don't really like that all that much, but it's still good for a power-up. The problem is that Ibaniel can use Freezing as well and that he'll use it on the women that are on his side if he knows how to make them undergo Transcendence as well.
You know, I have a feeling that this guy has no idea of the true nature of Freezing. I bet he just uses enough to subjugate women and bind them to his will rather than going through the trouble of figuring out the full potential of Freezing.

I bet he's going to be in for a big surprise once he finds out what Kazuya can do with it and how it can empower women.
Old 2017-10-01, 09:31   Link #4177
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I'd love that, actually. He was being so darn smug when talking to him about it in prison, so I really want to see the look on his face when he sees what Kazuya can do with Freezing.
Old 2017-10-01, 17:39   Link #4178
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

I bet Kazuya want to punch that smug looking face so bad... Especially he got his Grandpa's face
Old 2017-10-02, 13:25   Link #4179
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachibana View Post
You know, I have a feeling that this guy has no idea of the true nature of Freezing. I bet he just uses enough to subjugate women and bind them to his will rather than going through the trouble of figuring out the full potential of Freezing.

I bet he's going to be in for a big surprise once he finds out what Kazuya can do with it and how it can empower women.
I wouldn't underestimate him if I were you, I've seen a lot of cocky heroes get cut down, overconfidence isn't only a villain problem. Thankfully Kazuya isn't cocky but if he takes Darth Gengo lightly it may prove to be the death of him. And no one wants that.
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-02, 16:19   Link #4180
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazad2003 View Post
I wouldn't underestimate him if I were you, I've seen a lot of cocky heroes get cut down, overconfidence isn't only a villain problem. Thankfully Kazuya isn't cocky but if he takes Darth Gengo lightly it may prove to be the death of him. And no one wants that.
Underestimating can be troublesome. Then again, we're talking about a guy who uses a power for perverse and wicked reasons. From what we've seen thus far. The only worry here is his Freezing.

I bet these "Goddesses" that Ibanyle speak so highly of are using him because it's convenient.

And besides, Arcadia should be arriving at the battlefield soon. Kazuya will then have the ultimate form of support in that world.

Tags
action, author loves incest, female fighters, futuristic setting, harem, seinen