AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Old 2007-06-30, 09:11   Link #41
dxanato

Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
Well considering we are waiting for Vol. 13 chapter 74 to be release my guess is that is one Chapter a month. I did hear about it going weekly but I am not sure about that myself yet.
dxanato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-01, 01:06   Link #42
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

The manga is published at a rate of 1 chapter a month. It is NOT going weekly despite the rumors.

Until now Claymore has been published in a monthly anthology, but that is changing next week. With the death of shounen monthly, it is being moved to shounen weekly where it will only appear in 1 volume a month. Despite being published in a weekly manga, it will still be published monthly. Hence the recent confusion.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-02, 00:43   Link #43
dxanato

Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
I got silly question but I was looking a Vol. 4 when the group is about to kill Teresa is Galatea part of the group or are my eyes playing trick one me?
Old 2007-07-02, 01:04   Link #44
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Your eyes are playing tricks on you. There are only 4 people attacking Theresa: Irene, Noel, Sophia and Priscilla. I'm not sure where you thought you saw Galatea, but it seems unlikely that she mysteriously showed up for a panel.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-07-02, 01:23   Link #45
dxanato

Not that part of the story if you look at panel of the execution team one of them look as well her symbol look like it would be Galatea. This is the group that fail to even kill her and it after this that they send rank 2-5 to kill Teresa.

It may well be my eye playing trick on me. I even look at anime scene of the execution but they only show the sword which may look like Galatea but her face is not shown like it was in the manga. I may just be wrong but it would be funny is that is her.
Old 2007-07-02, 03:06   Link #46
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I see who you mean. Same hairstyle, but I think the symbol is different.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-02, 08:53   Link #47
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Does anyone have interview articles with the artist/creator? All I know is he/she did only 1 interview so far.
Old 2007-07-02, 16:39   Link #48
crazy_child

Spoiler for about bonus chapter:

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-07-02 at 17:33. Reason: rules
crazy_child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-02, 16:43   Link #49
hollywoodlou
from Hollywood CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
Does anyone have interview articles with the artist/creator? All I know is he/she did only 1 interview so far.
I read a little info about him on one of the Jap tv/distribution websites..he loves hard rock, is into a Jap comedy duo (?), loves fast cars as well. If you check out the wiki website on the manga and click on the external links like VAP tv, you'll see it. I just forgot which one...
hollywoodlou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-02, 17:27   Link #50
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_child View Post
Spoiler for about bonus chapter:
There is indeed an Omake containing a story of Theresa's past. Hopefully this will appear in a future volume of Claymore published by Viz, so patience should be rewarded with a chance to see Theresa in action. I hope. To answer the rest of your question:

Spoiler for Theresa omake plot:

Old 2007-07-04, 02:30   Link #51
hollywoodlou
from Hollywood CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
There is indeed an Omake containing a story of Theresa's past. Hopefully this will appear in a future volume of Claymore published by Viz, so patience should be rewarded with a chance to see Theresa in action. I hope. To answer the rest of your question:

Spoiler for Theresa omake plot:
Yo NSW, I feel great that my favorite character Teresa is again on everybody's lips after the new story came out.

Is this story part of volume 14 or is this just a "special bonus" story with volume 13?
Old 2007-07-04, 04:22   Link #52
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

That is unknown. We're going to have to wait for volume 13 to be published before we can tell what is included.

Old 2007-07-04, 04:52   Link #53
dxanato

I can see the Extra Scene been use for the Anime during the Teresa arc of the story for the DVD sales. It wouldn't make much sense to make into a full episode since their is not lot there for the story.
Old 2007-07-04, 14:19   Link #54
dazed101

so just for clarification, this month's manga release was the Extra Scene?
dazed101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-04, 14:42   Link #55
hollywoodlou
from Hollywood CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxanato View Post
I can see the Extra Scene been use for the Anime during the Teresa arc of the story for the DVD sales. It wouldn't make much sense to make into a full episode since their is not lot there for the story.
I don't know how they'll "insert" the Teresa-Rosemary fight into the DVD. (Japanese DVd's are expensive). Rosemary is just another notch on Teresa's belt..but at least we get insight on how powerful Teresa was. I mean, she was actually smiling at the Awakened Rosemary when I thought she was goner.
Old 2007-07-04, 15:29   Link #56
dxanato

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazed101 View Post
so just for clarification, this month's manga release was the Extra Scene?

Yes this month release was an extra scene. We will get extra scene for the next few months as well. We will not see a scene 74 tilt Nov. We got 3 more extra scene coming in the next 3 months. It will be long wait to find out what is going to have next.
Old 2007-07-04, 21:40   Link #57
corkii

Send a message via MSN to corkii
I'm abit lost here, why is claymore manga going into the extra scenes?
corkii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-04, 21:50   Link #58
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Unknown. Perhaps Yagi-sensei has some omake he wants to write to flesh out some background characters. Perhaps the publisher requested them. Perhaps Yagi-sensei is just hoping to prolong the story so he can make more money.

Without an interview or a written statement on their purpose any answer would be speculation so it would not belong in this Q&A thread.

Old 2007-07-04, 21:54   Link #59
dxanato

The magazine which release Claymore stop publication last month. Rather than cancel successful story line they had the story moment around to other magazine. Claymore having an anime and been popular had to be introduce to a new audience. Which can be difficult task. In Nov a new Magazine will be launch which will be Claymore new home. This Magazine unlike the other would have a difference target audience much more in line with Claymore type readers. In the meantime we will get extra scene in hope of keeping interest in the story of Claymore. I hope I was able to explain this cause very confusing even I not sure if understood well.
Old 2007-07-04, 23:57   Link #60
hollywoodlou
from Hollywood CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxanato View Post
The magazine which release Claymore stop publication last month. Rather than cancel successful story line they had the story moment around to other magazine. Claymore having an anime and been popular had to be introduce to a new audience. Which can be difficult task. In Nov a new Magazine will be launch which will be Claymore new home. This Magazine unlike the other would have a difference target audience much more in line with Claymore type readers. In the meantime we will get extra scene in hope of keeping interest in the story of Claymore. I hope I was able to explain this cause very confusing even I not sure if understood well.
What is the new name of the magazine that will carry the Claymore franchise in November? November is a LOOONg wait...

Tags
claymore, q & a