3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-06, 09:24   Link #21
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Man, this series like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. After last week's disappointment this episode was more than welcome and worth the wait.

Spoiler:

Old 2006-09-06, 14:21   Link #22
rogueblade

This episode.... just defies words for me. The opening scene is the best i have ever seen in a long time across various media.

I can't wait to see what happens to Rena. Heart her.

Also - made a screen saver of that scene... but bumped it all up a notch -

Old 2006-09-06, 14:46   Link #23
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
fun start which is a nice change from the gore
rika is soo cute in the maids outfit and rena doesnt hesitate to "want to take her home" XD
erm so rena's parents got divorced...and she started acting violent...i can see mental problems developing

it startes to go down hill for sure and i will predict that rena tries to warn her dad but he takes no notice at all and even screams at rena...which will cause her to go killing mode -.-

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-09-06, 16:10   Link #24
BakaOnna

Wow, a excellent episode compared to the last. I loved the club activity and the penalty game afterwards. Very enjoyable episode.

For a long time, I though Rena was an orphan since they never showed her parents. Now I finally know she's not and her parents are divorced. Depressing stuff going on with these characters. Can't wait for the next ep.
Old 2006-09-06, 22:30   Link #25
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

A good dramatized episode that faithfully portrays Rena's reaction towards Rina's deceit and betrayal of the latter's trust.
Spoiler:

Anyways, returning to topic.....

Spoiler:

Last edited by Guido; 2006-09-07 at 08:38.
Old 2006-09-06, 22:30   Link #26
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Really good episode
We seriously need some うそだ! in this arc. The Kaais and Omochi Kaeris are already there

Now we have some info on the "Rina" that died on Tatarigoroshi, maybe even her killer... (Rena you're the best... hehe, but maybe that was just the Sonozakis, who knows...)

Just some babbling...
About that talk with Kasai in the end, when Shion asks if a woman had tricked Kasai before... It's just a blind guess (and maybe not really important) but the first thing I thought was that this woman is Akane Sonozaki (Shion's mother) hehehehe Maybe that's why Kasai is so careful with Shion.
Old 2006-09-07, 11:41   Link #27
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
A really great Episode. Now my Rena love has surpassed my Mion/Shin love again The whole Episode was amazing 10/10

Will the Machete be used in this Scenario? I wonder...
Old 2006-09-07, 17:50   Link #28
fiokun

somebody can explain me a bit better what is the "badger" thing that was in the conversation in the bar?
Old 2006-09-07, 18:02   Link #29
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
God i cant wait to see Rena go into a killing frenzy on that whore, never mess with a girls dad. We got a look into Rena's past and see how she ends up in the town with her dad. Seems like her mom was whore too getting pregnant by some other guy while still being married to her dad. Looks like she had an anger issue before she came to town.

If i remember correctly Rena had an incident at her old school something like bashing in windows and clubing some students nearly to death. Can we assume that her mothers affair and her mother trying to turn her against her father had something to do with her unstable personality coming to the surface
Old 2006-09-07, 18:10   Link #30
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiokun
somebody can explain me a bit better what is the "badger" thing that was in the conversation in the bar?
The way Shion explained is. When a women baits/sets up a man to get his money. she dates the man till he falls for her then another guy comes along claims that the women is really his and then the other guy blackmails the unsuspecting man into giving him money to stay quiet. Basically if it got in a small town that you were having an affair with another mans women the whole town would look down on you and most like would stop associating with you as well
Old 2006-09-08, 21:23   Link #31
Symmetry
安堵竜

Quote:
Originally Posted by PU-36PlotDevice
It maked me wonder: in this arch, I guess Keiichi must have helped her dig it out before the story starts?
Yeah, all of the other chapters except Himastubushi-hen seem to have started slightly later chronologically than Onikakushi-hen starts.

Oh, and I really enjoyed this episode. I think Rena is my favorite character so I'll be glad to see a lot of her, even if what she goes through isn't going to be pleasant. Go detective Rena, you can do it!
Old 2006-09-08, 21:40   Link #32
dKiWi
Devoted Haruhiist

Send a message via MSN to dKiWi
honestly out of the 22 episodes of Higurashi I've watched, this is the best out of the 22
Old 2006-09-08, 23:08   Link #33
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

It was really nice to have an episode without killing and insanity now and then.

Also it's great we get to finally see Rena's story.Will we finally find out exactly why she was cursed by Oyashiro-sama?
Old 2006-09-11, 16:13   Link #34
RiXeD
excuse me wtf r u desu?

Maaaaaaaaaaan!!! I really sympathize with Rena! Maybe because that what happened to her also happened to me? (my parents divorced and I was given a choice wether to live with father or mother, who had a new man....)

Plus her KAWAIINESS!!!! And her speech at the beggining of the epi... Rena in black tracksuit FTW! Want more KeiichixRena!!! Or better - RenaxMe!

RENA > CHESS
CHESS = ALL

About the epi: I lolled hardc0rez at the whole Penalty Game... Irie appearing out of nowhere yelling "OMOCHI KAERII!", and then Rena (may the force be with her) telling him that those are her belongings lol....

Is Rena Gilgamesh? Imagine her casting Gate of Babylon with machettes and saying "That belongs to me, the queen!"

O` hail Rena, the Blood Queen!
Old 2006-09-11, 23:41   Link #35
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiXeD
About the epi: I lolled hardc0rez at the whole Penalty Game... Irie appearing out of nowhere yelling "OMOCHI KAERII!", and then Rena (may the force be with her) telling him that those are her belongings lol....

Is Rena Gilgamesh? Imagine her casting Gate of Babylon with machettes and saying "That belongs to me, the queen!"

O` hail Rena, the Blood Queen!
Hehehe, exactly! O` hail Rena, the Blood Queen!

From the image thread:
Not nearly as effective as a swarm of Rena's cleavers but they still work pretty well

*has same feelings as all Gilgamesh fanboy/girls and understand very much!*
**everything cute must belong to Rena after all**
Old 2006-09-12, 03:27   Link #36
Bloodseeker

Its the return of pissed off Rena! Rena is so much more likable when her killer instinct kicks in. (I find her to be a pretty bland character most of the time... I never got what was so great about detective Rena, and her cutegasms dull in comparison to Kureha's)

I get the feeling that I may come to like her more than Keiichi and Rika (tie for my second favorite character behind Mion and non-psycho Shion, who tie for my first) in this story arc.

Also, I hate that pink haired woman's voice.

Last edited by Bloodseeker; 2006-09-12 at 15:02.
Old 2006-09-12, 10:20   Link #37
RiXeD
excuse me wtf r u desu?

*nods*
Yeah, Rina looks ugly, has irritiating voice and has pink hair >_< Well, she`s the bad one in this arc, ne?

BTW, I can`t belive how is this possible for Keiichi to not fall for Rena ^^ I mean, if there`s any man who can resist her kawaiiness, he must be gay. (no offence, no offence)
Old 2006-09-12, 17:09   Link #38
LostBlue
祭囃子

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiokun
Hmm... maybe I should have explained it better...

What really was said was 美人局 [read as つつもたせ/tsutsumotase]. Basically this is a blackmail extortion scheme often targeting married men to destroy their public image unless the victim pays a hefty fee to keep it a secrete. The closest thing I could think of was badger game but that might have been an uniquely american term. I appologize if I wasn't clear enough.
Old 2006-09-12, 17:22   Link #39
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
lol pissed off rena = Gate of Babymachetes!!
oh and ya the return of the killer machete

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-09-29, 07:57   Link #40
RiXeD
excuse me wtf r u desu?

Maybe it`s a bit late, but after re-watching this ep, I decided to make
- Kiku
- Doki
- Ni-pah~
my cellphone SMS ringtone ^^ It is damn rotflable xD