AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2017-01-09, 09:48   Link #201
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Flash's suit is supposed to reduce air friction while increasing friction on the soles of his feet. That suit looks like it'll just slow him down.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-09, 16:34   Link #202
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Flash's suit is supposed to reduce air friction while increasing friction on the soles of his feet. That suit looks like it'll just slow him down.
Doesn't the "speed force" take care of that? If friction was any kind of issue, he'd vaporize long before hitting relativistic speeds. Or is movie Flash much slower than comic Flash?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-09, 16:35   Link #203
Wandering Soul

When it comes to Flash, they really should just copy the CW. That outfit reeks of trying to fix what isn't broken.
Old 2017-01-09, 22:45   Link #204
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Wonder Woman and Aquaman is good.

Batman is okay although I prefer Dark Knight's minimalistic style over this armored style.

Flash and Cyborg is terrible; Flash got unnecessary 'string' while Cyborg looks fragile, being human Bayformers, instead of solid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Doesn't the "speed force" take care of that? If friction was any kind of issue, he'd vaporize long before hitting relativistic speeds. Or is movie Flash much slower than comic Flash?
Aside some protection, Flash suit is said to allow its user to move easier at such high speed with its aerodynamics design; going armored is okay, but that string/cable is unnecessary. IMO.
Old 2017-01-09, 23:17   Link #205
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

DC needs to realize that when something is iconic and works in the comics, it's only to their detriment to change it for live action. Marvel understands this. Their only changes have been minor and were made to fit the story or for logistical reasons. Anything that didn't need to change...didn't change.

The current Flash costume is the exact opposite. It absolutely screams of some late night argument between two aspy ubernerds in DC's design department who were trying to one-up each other on the "science" of the Flash, and the wrong one won.

The best live action Flash costume is and always will be the original John Wesley Shipp version from the 90's series. Even the Arrowverse version isn't as good.
Old 2017-01-17, 09:57   Link #206
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I really can't see Snyder Superman being the LEADER of the DCEU Justice League.

Look at the alternatives;
Batman, who actually assembled the team and is paying for everything.
Wonderwoman, who has lived much longer than every other member and is technically Female Jesus, due to Zeus being upgraded to creator of humanity.
or
Aquaman, who is likely a king and is literally already a leader.

Just about the only two Superman outranked in qualifications is Cyborg and Flash, both being much younger.

What exactly is Superman suppose to bring to the table? He has no leadership experience, is unsure about heroism in general compared to the other characters, and had no reason to want to take the reins.

Yes, he is the strongest in the team. But that doesn't make him the leader, that just makes him the Hulk. And Hulk doesn't lead.
Old 2017-01-17, 10:29   Link #207
GDB

He's got a shiny S on his chest. You see a shiny S on anyone else's chest?

But I agree, that's a good point I hadn't considered.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-17, 10:58   Link #208
bones

That's the problem with Snyder's Superman. He never really gave his Superman a reason why he wanted to be a hero. All we got was some corny dialogue by Jor-El and a Catholic priest. Not to mention Jonathan Kent who didn't sound anything like he was supposed to.
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-17, 12:24   Link #209
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Not to mention that Snyder's Superman doesn't have much of a confidence in his own existence and what he's doing as Superman to the point where he said that "it's not real". Pretty bad leader candidate for superheroes compared to some other options. Snyder never believed in "corny & cheesy" superhero like Superman and it shows through his movies. Snyder should helm the violent & rather-nihilistic Flashpoint Paradox adaptation, not the main DC line, let alone Superman.

Say what you want about Marvel, but Superman should've had the personality like MCU's Captain America. Captain America is basically Marvel's Superman and the MCU nailed his character AFAIK.
Old 2017-01-19, 18:07   Link #210
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

I think DC's problem is that they're too focused on the audience "relating" to the characters. So they go too far in making them "realistic". But people don't relate to superheroes. We may relate to some of the situations they're put in, but as for the characters themselves, we have to be inspired by them. They have to be "better" than ourselves, at least in aspiration. That's what makes them "super". The only thing "super" about the Snyderverse Superman is his power.
Old 2017-03-25, 11:12   Link #211
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

"What's your superpower?"
"I'm Rich."
Old 2017-03-25, 11:27   Link #212
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post

"What's your superpower?"
"I'm Rich."
That's sounds about right.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-25, 12:15   Link #213
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The Beatles, I dig it.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2017-03-26 at 09:26.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-25, 13:24   Link #214
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
So far, so good. Nothing there that has me worried which is nice. Bring on a good Justice League movie please.
Old 2017-03-25, 14:24   Link #215
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
So far, so good. Nothing there that has me worried which is nice. Bring on a not bad Justice League movie please.
Corrected.
Old 2017-03-25, 16:19   Link #216
Galaxian

Quote:
So far, so good. Nothing there that has me worried which is nice. Bring on a good Justice League movie please.
DC is known to cut really good trailers.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-25, 16:39   Link #217
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Corrected.
Nope I'm sticking with my original statement, please and thank you . If I'm going to ask for anything it will be for a good movie. If the best we can hope for is a not bad movie, I wouldn't even bother asking. I'd just skip watching it entirely.

Whatever the odds that they can make a good movie, that's still what I'm asking for.
Old 2017-03-25, 17:51   Link #218
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Nope I'm sticking with my original statement, please and thank you . If I'm going to ask for anything it will be for a good movie. If the best we can hope for is a not bad movie, I wouldn't even bother asking. I'd just skip watching it entirely.

Whatever the odds that they can make a good movie, that's still what I'm asking for.
I'd be quite content with "not bad" at this point. Thrilled, even. This opinion might change after WW, which does look "good" so far. DC needs to get on an upward tick.

At least we do seem to be getting more humor, which is an area that Marvel has all over DC so far. Even Suicide Squad, which was largely based around humor, fell flat because that humor was so poorly done.
Old 2017-03-26, 08:53   Link #219
Galaxian

I was cool with Jason Momoa as Aquaman, but hated his design. However, I've started to come around to it because he looks like he's having the most fun in this movie.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-26, 09:26   Link #220
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I have to admit, that Justice League trailer gives me some real hope.

I doubt it'll correct everything wrong in the DCCU right now, but I think there's a good chance its a big step in the right direction.

The most important things I see here:

1. This trailer embraces fun to a significant degree. More than I can remember any of the MoS or BvS trailers doing.

2. It's only one brief moment, but this new Commissioner Gordon looks and sounds great! Definitely important coming so soon after Oldman's performance in the role. At least, I'm pretty sure that was Gordon talking to Batman in one brief dialogue exchange.

3. Jason Momoa. I think I get what they're going for with him, and he might be just what the Doctor ordered for the DCCU right now. Lightening things up, and making things more fun/cool, while still maintaining an element of badass and grittiness. That's probably ideal at this point.

There's still two or three things I wish could be different about this movie, but this Justice League movie might end up being the best we could reasonably hope for given DCCU's current situation. I think there's a good chance it'll get the DCCU solidly on the right track, and hopefully be an Ok action-flick on its own (like quigonkenny, I'd be content with that right now, since Justice League is now in a position where it has to clean up messes rather than benefit from the hard work of previous movies, imo).