AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 25 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 263 62.17%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 68 16.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 37 8.75%
7 out of 10 : Good 23 5.44%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 2.84%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 0.71%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.24%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.24%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.24%
1 out of 10 : Painful 14 3.31%
Voters: 423. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-25, 19:23   Link #81
MissInformed

I wonder if this episode will be famous...
Spoiler for you know, because of THAT scene....:

I was kinda like...whoa.

Way to go Ryuuji and Taiga.
Old 2009-03-25, 19:43   Link #82
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
So, how of many you people gonna buy this on original DVD?
Old 2009-03-25, 19:50   Link #83
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
So, how of many you people gonna buy this on original DVD?
is it licensed already or you are talking about Imports from Japan?
Old 2009-03-25, 19:55   Link #84
Mei19
LOL'ing at t3h old bags

D'awww XD Inko-chan said his name! That was the best part. 10/10! The ending was superb. Atleast they got together in the end. And atleast the way they got together wasn't sickeningly mushy. That's Taiga for you. Good show.
Old 2009-03-25, 19:55   Link #85
Tango337

So anyone know why exactly was it a 1 year skip instead of 2 or 3 months like the novels? It kinda pisses me off since that would be pretty heart wrenching for them both being separated for that long. Gets me wondering though if maybe it was done that way to create an ova or something of what they both might have done together during that time?

Last edited by Tango337; 2009-03-25 at 20:27.
Old 2009-03-25, 19:55   Link #86
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

It is on my buy list the instant they release an R1 version... sorry but so it goes. I'd buy R2 if they'd subtitle them for global distribution. My fellow audience needs those little subtitles at least.
Old 2009-03-25, 20:36   Link #87
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

Location: Dying to get back to Japan (but currently near Chicago)
Since it can get lost sometimes in the shuffle, let me state that this is just my 2 cents.

This turned out better for me than I thought it would. It wasn't especially amazing for me, but I'm satisfied with it as an ending. Except for # 3 of my complaints listed below.

*I'll warn you here that I’m not going to use spoilers because it's already been confirmed that they're unnecessary for episode threads*

I particularly liked the ending scene with Ryuji finding Taiga in the little locker with the overlapping thematic bit about finding happiness. There were more parts but I can't remember them all so I won't note them here. Just know that there were several more parts that I felt were well done (i.e. kiss).

Parts I thought were funny:
- Grandfather Takasu slapping Yasuko's hand away from the osenbei.
- Flying Kitamura (he'll always take the opportunity to prove he's a sexy beast)
- Everyone flipping out there cell phones to try and call/mail Taiga and Yuri-sensei trying to tell them to get a taste of what life is about. "もっと人生を味わう...something"
- Ryuji's attack on the one-socked bag in Taiga's room
- And the part I thought was the funniest, Minori: "ごめん、とは思ってない。"

After watching it twice and clearing something up for myself, I only have 3 small complaints/problems.
- Why can't Taiga tell Ryuji that she's going back to reconcile and set things straight with her mom?
- Why does it take so long for them to see each other again? Noting the distance would've helped here.

I felt that the answers to my first two problems were just used to manufacture a more depressing feeling for the two. Probably to heighten the impact of their reunion. I assume that they still kept in touch, so I would've liked to have seen a bit of how they were doing apart during that time. But again, they probably didn't show that (well, budget/time) to add to the manufacturing bit.

- Lastly, I want to know how things are going to go for them from now on. Is this reunion a onetime deal for a while, or will they be able to be closer together sometime soon since they're graduating.

I won’t think about a rating for the whole series until I rewatch it. Which almost automatically gives it at least a 7 for me. (If you think that's too low, my rating scale is stricter than most others and heavily weighs in rewatchability/purchaseability for me)

Last edited by Ryuou; 2009-03-25 at 20:59.
Old 2009-03-25, 20:46   Link #88
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuou View Post
Since it can get lost sometimes in the shuffle, let me state that this is just my 2 cents.

This turned out better for me than I thought it would. It wasn't especially amazing for me, but I'm satisfied with it as an ending. Except for # 3 of my complaints listed below.

*I'll warn you here that I’m not going to use spoilers because it's already been confirmed that they're unnecessary for episode threads*

I particularly liked the ending bit with Ryuji finding Taiga in the little locker with the overlapping thematic bit about finding happiness. There were more parts but I can't remember them all so I won't note them here. Just know that there were several more parts that I felt were well done (i.e. kiss).

Parts I thought were funny:
- Grandfather Takasu slapping Yasuko's hand away from the osenbei.
- Flying Kitamura (he'll always take the opportunity to prove he's a sexy beast)
- Everyone flipping out there cell phones to try and call/mail Taiga and Yuri-sensei trying to tell them to get a taste of what life is about. "もっと人生を味わう...something"
- Ryuji's attack on the one-socked bag in Taiga's room
- And the part I thought was the funniest, Minori: "ごめん、とは思ってない。"

After watching it twice and clearing something up for myself, I only have 3 small complaints/problems.
- Why can't Taiga tell Ryuji that she's going back to reconcile and set things straight with her mom?
- Why does it take so long for them to see each other again? Noting the distance would've helped here.

I felt that the answers to my first two problems were just used to manufacture a more depressing feeling for the two. Probably to heighten the impact of their reunion. I assume that they still kept in touch, so I would've liked to have seen a bit of how they were doing apart during that time. But again, they probably didn't show that (well, budget/time) to add to the manufacturing bit.

- Lastly, I want to know how things are going to go for them from now on. Is this reunion a onetime deal for a while, or will they be able to be closer together sometime soon since they're graduating.

I won’t think about a rating for the whole series until I rewatch it. Which almost automatically gives it at least a 7 for me. (If you think that's too low, my rating scale is stricter than most others and heavily weighs in rewatchability/purchaseability for me)
i am thinking that they did see eachother in that time based on their actions towards eachother.

if it had really been a year since they had seen eachother I think they would have acted more sentimentally.

beside for that much time to go by it would be silly for them not to stay in contact.

also she is wearing a school uniform. i think she is going to school at another school in the same city.

if you were on vacation to visit someone would you wear your school uniform? of course not. she probably just came from her own graduation.
Old 2009-03-25, 20:59   Link #89
Kijuto

Trying not to go too off topic, but in the novel they are only apart for two months. Does it also happen to tell where exactly Taiga goes to meet her mother or anything about their contact? Like Ryuou said, it seems like they must have kept in contact because of how they acted upon her return. Still wondering why they changed it to one year, it was painful even to hear about that.
Old 2009-03-25, 21:10   Link #90
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

@ fish eric - Hmm...I would find it hard to believe that she only transferred to another school in the same city and that they had seen each other off and on since then. The first one because it would call to question what all the drama surrounding her transferring was about, and the second because of Ryuji finally saying he likes her. He gets the mail shortly after she leaves, he realizes how clumsy about these things he himself is, and then it takes him about/over a year to say it? I would find that kind of odd. Also he mentions that she’s grown a little, to which she says she hasn’t. This implies a relatively lengthy time apart.

The school uniform bit is probably to reinforce that they’ve been living their lives separately for a while. And also just some Taiga eye candy (you don’t get many chances to dress your characters in different school uniforms).

@ Kijuto - I'm wondering about the specifics from the novel concerning that too. As for your pondering, my guess is in my earlier post.
Old 2009-03-25, 21:18   Link #91
Peanutbutter

Spoiler:
Old 2009-03-25, 21:23   Link #92
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

Quote:
Lastly, I want to know how things are going to go for them from now on. Is this reunion a onetime deal for a while, or will they be able to be closer together sometime soon since they're graduating.
I'm curious too. I do hope JC Staff make an OVA epilogue of sorts in which Taiga and Ryuuji are shown embarking on their adult lives together. By this point, it has been well established that the anime ending differs significantly from the novel ending so I would appreciate getting some extra animation for closure instead of having to resort to possibly irrelevant details in the novel.

Quote:
Same here.
Old 2009-03-25, 21:26   Link #93
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:
@ fish eric - Hmm...I would find it hard to believe that she only transferred to another school in the same city and that they had seen each other off and on since then. The first one because it would call to question what all the drama surrounding her transferring was about, and the second because of Ryuji finally saying he likes her. He gets the mail shortly after she leaves, he realizes how clumsy about these things he himself is, and then it takes him about/over a year to say it? I would find that kind of odd. Also he mentions that she’s grown a little, to which she says she hasn’t. This implies a relatively lengthy time apart.

The school uniform bit is probably to reinforce that they’ve been living their lives separately for a while. And also just some Taiga eye candy (you don’t get many chances to dress your characters in different school uniforms).

@ Kijuto - I'm wondering about the specifics from the novel concerning that too. As for your pondering, my guess is in my earlier post.

i see what you mean. especially the you've grown part. either way it seems strange. the whole situation doesn't make sense. why would they let themselves be apart for a year?

Do you know what the letter said?
Old 2009-03-25, 21:31   Link #94
zigzagzap

I don't think I'll be able to find an anime that can top this for a while... =(
10/10 for sure I loved the series great storyline and I liked the ending (thank god it wasn't one of those cliffhanger one's)
I also really wanna know what happens after this like when they go into their adult lives (As posted above ^^)
Kudos to JC staff maybe, just maybe ... they're already planning on releasing new anime O.O
We will wait and see =p
Old 2009-03-25, 21:31   Link #95
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

Since Peanutbutter003 reminded me of it, I can't help but get on the separation bit a little more. It was actually going to be a big complaint from me as it felt really unnecessary until I calmed myself down with another watching and absorbed the different aspects of Taiga reconciling with her mom. But I still didn't really like the separation bit. It felt typical to me. I liked the Sumire and Kitamura separation, but not really this one.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish eric View Post
i see what you mean. especially the you've grown part. either way it seems strange. the whole situation doesn't make sense. why would they let themselves be apart for a year?

Do you know what the letter said?
Well, my answer is in my first post about manufacturing. But let me check on the letter to see if it was shown clear enough to read...we can't see it clear enough. If someone finds a clear shot of it let me know, but from what I checked over we can’t see it.
Old 2009-03-25, 21:52   Link #96
Keio
Serious Business

This is the best shot I can get of Taiga's letter:

Spoiler for large image:

Last edited by Keio; 2009-03-25 at 21:59. Reason: Reposted correct image.
Old 2009-03-25, 21:55   Link #97
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

The letter said exactly what Taiga was saying out loud, ending with 「自分の誇りをもって...竜児を愛したいから。」
[Edit] Or rather, the letter was supposed to include everything which Taiga says out loud. However, the one in the picture doesn't. Match the pictured letter with what Taiga says and you'll notice that she says quite a lot in the [......] sections of the letter.

Last edited by Yukinokesshou; 2009-03-25 at 22:43.
Old 2009-03-25, 22:03   Link #98
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keio View Post
This is the best shot I can get of Taiga's letter:

Spoiler for large image:
Somewhat clearer, from the 720p version:
Spoiler for image:

Not a huge improvement but it's at least a bit sharper than YouTube quality.
Old 2009-03-25, 22:04   Link #99
typhonsentra

Yeah the entire "Extended separation proves true love" plot device is a pretty over-used cliche but at least here it was only a year. Usually it's multiple years, decades, a lifetime....
Old 2009-03-25, 22:07   Link #100
Kijuto

Personally, if I were in Ryuuji's situation after all that happened, a year would seem much longer than it would to most people. I understand that couples often have to travel for months at a time, but immediately after you get together and start to plan?

It is true that changing the time makes it seem more dramatic on her return, but changing from the novel sometimes is unnecessary, not like it ruined it though. Still 10/10.
Closed Thread