AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-07-28, 03:23   Link #1
Blue*Dragon

Chakra and or Chi. What's the differents?

Well in the series like Naruto they talk about Chakra energy. However there is also a type of energy called Chi energy.

But what the hell is the different, between those 2 ??

Last edited by xris; 2004-07-28 at 05:18. Reason: Moved into General Anime forum
Old 2004-07-28, 04:18   Link #2
Navi en Grey

They're the same

Chakra is Naruto's version of power, while chi is like kai as in dbz

- Navi
Old 2004-07-28, 04:26   Link #3
Blue*Dragon

chakra is also real may I say it fear. Just search on google for chakra.
Old 2004-07-28, 05:59   Link #4
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Cakra's refer to the Indian system of natural life, specifically the energy centers on a human body.
Old 2004-07-28, 06:09   Link #5
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

the original meaning of Chakra is the seven "wheels"/discs in human body which contains mystic power in Yoga.

http://www.sacredcenters.com/chakras.html

Naruto take this word but changed its meaning into something like "chi". I guess the author just thing that the word "chi" is too often-used so he changed it to "chakra"

it's sorta like in Hunter X Hunter "chi" is called "nen"...
Old 2004-07-28, 06:24   Link #6
kujoe
from head to heel

Chi is also an invisible force that resides in nature, whereas chakra deals primarily with the human body.
Old 2004-07-28, 06:52   Link #7
dreamless

well, theoretically there are chi inside everything, man, animal, plant, stone, all kinds of objects... but then in most chinese martial art novels they only deals with the chi inside human... I guess you could call it the microcosmos in Saint Seiya...
Old 2004-07-28, 15:16   Link #8
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

it's all basically the same
in Tenjou Tenge for instance they call it "ki" (i think) and you see stuff similar to the Naruto world happening
Old 2004-07-28, 18:49   Link #9
carloboy
K-F Distro Guy

Send a message via AIM to carloboy Send a message via Yahoo to carloboy
isnt chi something do do with like chinese feng shui?
like that good chi or bad chi, kinda descibed as a spirit or luck thing
Old 2004-07-29, 00:27   Link #10
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by carloboy
isnt chi something do do with like chinese feng shui?
like that good chi or bad chi, kinda descibed as a spirit or luck thing
feng shui deals with chi/kai/ki flow outside human bodies (ie. trees, stones, rivers, etc. etc.) while martial art novels mostly deal with chi inside humans.
Old 2004-08-14, 00:16   Link #11
ProtoJoe

yea chi and all that other names for it are real, its bascially the energy in all of us, and yea martial artists use it, but in anime, its just over really implied kina, like some people after alot of training may be able to make things with their chi 'energy' but creating energy waves....thats only in anime
Old 2004-08-14, 02:23   Link #12
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

they are all the same. they don't exist. chi, ki, chakra, nen whatever you want to call it
Old 2004-08-14, 16:01   Link #13
feeman_4_life

it's kinda vauge to say it exists, but at the same time, you can't really say it's not there. it's like, saying there isn't life outside this solar system other than us, we just don't know.

i personally think it's "there", anybody who practices some sort of martial art semi-seriously will notice it's prescence. it's not as immortalized as some chinese novels or how dbz portrays it on how you can collect it and create a super attack. as one progresses you can control your heartrate (some yogi masters can drop it down to like 5-10 beats a minute through extreme meditation), or utilize it to do internal damage within the body. it sounds far-fetched, but there are accounts where it has been done.
Old 2004-08-14, 16:38   Link #14
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx
they are all the same. they don't exist. chi, ki, chakra, nen whatever you want to call it
yea, of course, chi doesn't exist, and the world is flat and the Sun is circling around Earth

seriously though, the existence of chi/kai/ki is just like the existence of God, angels, UFOs, aliens, psychics, etc. etc. There's no concrete proof of their existence or non-existence, and there are some vague "proof" about them one way or another, so in the end it's up to you to decide whether you want to believe in their existence, or their non-existence...
Old 2004-08-14, 17:18   Link #15
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
yea, of course, chi doesn't exist, and the world is flat and the Sun is circling around Earth

seriously though, the existence of chi/kai/ki is just like the existence of God, angels, UFOs, aliens, psychics, etc. etc. There's no concrete proof of their existence or non-existence, and there are some vague "proof" about them one way or another, so in the end it's up to you to decide whether you want to believe in their existence, or their non-existence...
Ummm....no, chi just doesnīt exist. At least not in the way as itīs generally presented in anime.
Old 2004-08-14, 18:51   Link #16
bubblehead

Send a message via Yahoo to bubblehead
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_nevels666
Ummm....no, chi just doesnīt exist. At least not in the way as itīs generally presented in anime.
Well, yeah... but stuff like that in anime is almost always a great departure from more traditional or "correct" views of it... chi, according to the more tradional view as I understand it (which isn't very well) is NOT something you could use, say, in an energy attack... it's more like life energy stuff, it's in everything. I believe that people who practice acupuncture believe that they are working with chi, and I'm somewhat of a believer in chi in that sense, at least that it exists, but I'm actually not sure about acupuncture.

Personal experience...
Old 2004-08-14, 19:07   Link #17
Rin-chan

Send a message via AIM to Rin-chan Send a message via MSN to Rin-chan
lol

i dont see whats so difficult to know what chakra is, naruto descibs it right in the anime. ill explain anyways, your body naturaly produces chi and ki( i think ki is produced near your adomin but not sure). chakra is the mixture of chi and ki. thats why you see all thos hand seals , its just them molding the chi and ki together. btw chakra has basis in from japanese ninjas , the indian stuff is all news to me. i hope this cleared up your questions. the only thing that puzzles me about naruto is the mixing of ninjas and shinobis. they are two diffrent things, nins are pure assasins and shins are spys.
Old 2004-08-15, 03:02   Link #18
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_nevels666
well, if you want to reason like that, then God and angels and UFOs and aliens and psychics also don't exist, at least not in the way as they are generally presented in anime. So what?
Old 2004-08-15, 04:21   Link #19
CerealKiller
MoralMan

Send a message via AIM to CerealKiller Send a message via MSN to CerealKiller Send a message via Yahoo to CerealKiller
What I thought was that chi/ki is the energy and the chakra's a gateways to using it. Whether chi/ki does exist, I don't know, but what I do know is that people that say they use it do some amazing things. For example highly trained Zen-monks can hit a target at 300 meter exactly and afterwards split the first arrow with a second one.
Old 2004-08-15, 06:28   Link #20
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

There are three VERY VERY FAMOUS shonen anime series out there: Dragoll Ball, Saint Seiya, and Naruto. Each of them has a way to describe the internal force of human beings and things, but they are all the same; In DB they call it chi, in Naruto it is called Chackra, and in Saint Seiya is called cosmos.

And also in Hunter X Hunter, which I wish it were as fomous as the three animes I just mentioned, has also a particular way to call this internal energy, it is called Nen, but in this series you'll get to see what the specific functions of nen are and how to use it and stuff.

In the end it is all the same thing.