AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-05-08, 23:35   Link #281
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
I kinda wish they'd explore Romary x Zeheart this time around. Imagine how weird it would be to see someone you knew from your late teens who you had a crush on but they were still in their early 20's due to cold sleep and you are 40....
and now than she is a 'body-less widow', that is pretty similar what happen in Homeland(that Show rocks, is like 24 since the antagonist side) somehow...but that is a japanese anime, sorry that is good fanfic material anyway.
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 00:54   Link #282
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek von Beldo View Post
and now than she is a 'body-less widow', that is pretty similar what happen in Homeland(that Show rocks, is like 24 since the antagonist side) somehow...but that is a japanese anime, sorry that is good fanfic material anyway.
lol you're right, I totally forgot how similar that was to what happened with Sgt Brody's wife and best friend.

and yeah homeland is awesome. Claire Danes will get an award for her performance in the first season no doubt.
Old 2012-05-09, 14:52   Link #283
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

We have yet to see a 40 years old Romary...
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 17:45   Link #284
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
lol you're right, I totally forgot how similar that was to what happened with Sgt Brody's wife and best friend.

and yeah homeland is awesome. Claire Danes will get an award for her performance in the first season no doubt.
Similar but Different, but that would be Interesting if Zeheart in a 'civilian mode' was looking for Asemu or the Asunos and them meet with Romary(being the chance to show her now as a mother) and make a double surprise in how both have change(and Zeheart even haven't aged one day)

But maybe that will not happen...but still is a good fic idea.
Old 2012-05-09, 22:21   Link #285
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
We have yet to see a 40 years old Romary...
She appears in the ED, actually. Given how the appearances of the other characters in the ED are of their current designs (Flit, Yunoa), I'm inclined to believe that it's Romary's current age as well.
Old 2012-05-14, 23:07   Link #286
Dark Wing

Man the romance department in AGE-3 seems to be the weakest in all of the series. Kio comes back after a huge battle and Wendy doesn't even say word to him. At least with Emily and Romary they had some conversations with their love interests when something like that happened.
Old 2012-05-14, 23:17   Link #287
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Man the romance department in AGE-3 seems to be the weakest in all of the series. Kio comes back after a huge battle and Wendy doesn't even say word to him. At least with Emily and Romary they had some conversations with their love interests when something like that happened.
But the Shotacon vibes with Shanalua make Wendy looks pale, heck that was enough 'romantic vibes' for the chapter, but now that would have a little sad ending...
Old 2012-05-14, 23:41   Link #288
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
AFAIK, Romary didn't catch up with Asem on screen until his 4th or 5th battle. Kio would probably have more interaction with other girls (or even Zeheart) until the inevitable last episode pairing. Plus we have Natora too.
Old 2012-05-15, 16:54   Link #289
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

ShanaxKio I don't give a damn that it's highly unlikely.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 10:16   Link #290
saqrkh

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
I would love to support that pairing but then again Mirilias/Woolf did not work out unless Holmes of the Battlefield can survive with his analytical skills.
IMO Abis could be among the first on Diva to figure out whatever secrets or truth about Vagan, EFF, etc. He might get killed for being too curious.
saqrkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 18:47   Link #291
Nivek von Beldo

I'm was the one who called a possible deathflag for Seric, but still waiting, we need something to awake the 'inner bright noa' in Natora, but that must be something big, and maybe Seric will be that?

I'm the one who fell even with the generational system, the romance in the series is almost like an afterthought?
Old 2012-05-18, 05:34   Link #292
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek von Beldo View Post
I'm was the one who called a possible deathflag for Seric, but still waiting, we need something to awake the 'inner bright noa' in Natora, but that must be something big, and maybe Seric will be that?

I'm the one who fell even with the generational system, the romance in the series is almost like an afterthought?
That trigger could happen when Natora sees Albis' helmet floating in space and thus becomes a "Murrue".
Old 2012-05-24, 00:42   Link #293
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Kio is the Gundam messiah. No girls for him in his story, no romance. But he will most likely get into deep philosophical conversations with chicks who will totally fantasize about him constantly. My money is on a princess.

Kio is a singleminded warrior. Kio is the purehearted paladin of space... a white knight. He's also simple dude of simple words.

Kio wasn't born with book smarts. He's not engineer like his grandpa. Even Asem was a hobbyist mecha designer and mechanic. Kio can't even clean a giant robot correctly, he can only pilot a Gundam and he does it well.

If Wootbit is Asem's love child then he probably got the engineer smarts. Kio inherited the asskicking genes.

Only girl for someone like Kio is a space princess who he won't get close to even holding hands with until he's like 30 and possibly retired.

Kio has a war to end.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 08:51   Link #294
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Kio is the Gundam messiah. No girls for him in his story, no romance. But he will most likely get into deep philosophical conversations with chicks who will totally fantasize about him constantly. My money is on a princess.

Kio is a singleminded warrior. Kio is the purehearted paladin of space... a white knight. He's also simple dude of simple words.

Kio wasn't born with book smarts. He's not engineer like his grandpa. Even Asem was a hobbyist mecha designer and mechanic. Kio can't even clean a giant robot correctly, he can only pilot a Gundam and he does it well.

If Wootbit is Asem's love child then he probably got the engineer smarts. Kio inherited the asskicking genes.

Only girl for someone like Kio is a space princess who he won't get close to even holding hands with until he's like 30 and possibly retired.

Kio has a war to end.
give it up, Wootbit is not a love child.
Old 2012-05-24, 09:57   Link #295
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post

But Banagher and Alberto are half brothers.
Old 2012-05-24, 10:17   Link #296
Korps!
Ikarechimattaze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Suddenly something terrible crossed my mind.
Korps! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 10:24   Link #297
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

For a show that's touted as "family friendly" or something "the whole family can watch" I really doubt they'd make adultery a core aspect for the protagonist family in AGE.
Old 2012-05-24, 12:01   Link #298
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
For a show that's touted as "family friendly" or something "the whole family can watch" I really doubt they'd make adultery a core aspect for the protagonist family in AGE.
Why not they already have a borderline genocidal war vet who hinted to be in a loveless marriage...then again that has mostly been fan interpretation anyway.
Old 2012-05-24, 12:33   Link #299
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Oh, right, people are still on about that whole "loveless marriage" bit without any basis for the "loveless" part. >.> Man, AnimeSuki made me hate shipping.

Anyway. I know that Flit wants to commit genocide on the Vagans but we've yet to see him make the attempt, which is probably the key difference there on appropriateness. Also, chances are if they do have Flit attempt the genocide it'll be portrayed as wrong. Or someone will stop him, likely Asem or Kio.
Old 2012-05-24, 13:57   Link #300
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Oh, right, people are still on about that whole "loveless marriage" bit without any basis for the "loveless" part. >.> Man, AnimeSuki made me hate shipping.

Anyway. I know that Flit wants to commit genocide on the Vagans but we've yet to see him make the attempt, which is probably the key difference there on appropriateness. Also, chances are if they do have Flit attempt the genocide it'll be portrayed as wrong. Or someone will stop him, likely Asem or Kio.
I didn't get the sense Flit was in a loveless marriage. We got flashback scenes of Asemu being an involved father. His wife seems really happy in all her scenes.

Most of the story in AGE-2 takes place during Flit's extended deployments. It seems like he tries to make time for his family whenever he can. Flit is just an old fashioned military man and in an old fashioned marriage. Flit is supposed to be a conservative sort of character.

The only thing that is interesting is how Flit is missing from his son's wedding and the birth of his grandson.