AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator 2 - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 13 19.12%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 35.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 29.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 10.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.41%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.47%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-12, 20:29   Link #61
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
damn no more Saki rape time??
She was not ra- *smacks self* Control yourself Duel.

*cough*
Quote:
They are showing signs that they will never be an independent nation, and the only people they have to lean on are the ARUS, who are helping them, but we know are corrupt. After that last devastating attack, the Module was practically trashed. There is no way that they didn't get that satellite colony back on its feet without help and supplies.
I've seen people from elsewhere say that this will set up Shoko for being SEED Destiny Cagalli redux edition or something. Can't say that is a far fetched claim, she probably isn't use to the scheming and backstabbing politics tends to have. With that said, regardless of whether or not she because a hostage later down the line or wins the man she loves (whether it is Haruto or L-Elf I am not getting into that), expect her to get beaten down mentally.
Quote:
Besdies, accounting play less role in the wartime. Every nation is pouring every resources into the battlefields.
Less, but still roles nonetheless, someone needs to keep track as to how many of said resources are being used. No smart war leader is going to go "accounters? f**k those they're useless!" or anything similar and expect anything to improve.
Old 2013-10-12, 20:44   Link #62
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
The good news for Neo-JIOR is that their young citizenry and leaders are finally taking this all seriously, and aren't acting like they're on some sort of endless Spring Break. Shouko in particular has matured a helluva lot. Compare her current demeanor and style to what she was like before her father's death, and it's like day and night. While a small part of me does miss the more bubbly, cheerful, expressive Shouko, it also has to be said that the current Shouko is much more well-suited to leading a country. Plus, at least Shouko has retained her smile, her optimism, her friendliness. She's just now more adult about it.

The bad news for Neo-JIOR is that while the kids now have their heads screwed on straight, and their hearts in the right place, that alone can only get you so far. They seem more efficient and unified, but they still lack the skill and experience needed to deal on equal terms with ARUS. Perhaps a lot of that lack of skill is due to people dying during Cain's raid. I like Irenesharda's thinking there - It's easier to swallow that than to think that this Prestigious school can't produce a single decent accountant, lol. Maybe trying to rescue some people from old JIOR, people who could help them in diplomatic negotiations and in some of the core foundational work of running a nation, would be a good idea. So I like L-Elf's recon plan, as it could lead to more of that (though admittedly that plan does leave an opening for Cain to exploit).
Old 2013-10-12, 21:54   Link #63
Irenesharda

The more I think about it, we see the ARUS as being pushy and taking over things, but in all honesty, what can they do?

The ARUS are right. Your country won't survive if you let everyone with a sob story or the "right" credentials in. That's too naive. Didn't you learn your lesson when a supposed colony formed entirely of JIOR soldiers, was taken over in a matter of hours? Mostly because a group of highly trained teenagers just waltzed right in because your country's security was too lax?
Your country also won't survive if you have no revenue and no one to help keep account of it. That's where the accounting comes in. And then, they were mentioning the fact that Neo Jior had no one to inspect food and supplies. So, yeah there's no one in your new country that can inspect food, drugs, and meat. Your enemies could slip you poison instead of medicine and you would never know it. You could kill yourselves with bacteria and disease because you don't know how to check your food imports properly.

So, yeah, I say let the ARUS take over for a while, at least until you get people of your own that can take over these and many other vital jobs. Saying you'll form a new country is easy, maintaining it is the hard part.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-10-12, 23:01   Link #64
Destined_Fate

Let ARUS help with that stuff, but not take over. They need to maintain their independence and show that they're a serious power on the board. Unless they do they wont be respected.
Old 2013-10-12, 23:20   Link #65
Irenesharda

It's better that they survive than simply be respected, and you can't help what's not there. There is no one there for the ARUS to "help", none of these kids and two teachers know or are prepared to make their own country. Any of the things the ARUS mentioned in that meeting that those students know they have no real way to handle, will cause the end of their short-lived nation. And there are only two avenues the kids can turn to for help, the ARUS or Dorssia. Dorssia's out of the question, so the ARUS are going to have to completely handle all the parts that these kids can't.

Now, Shoko and Neo Jior are going to have to learn, but that takes time. Until then, let the ARUS do it.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-10-13, 00:49   Link #66
Destined_Fate

Yes there is, they can send Doctors and the such. What shouldn't be allowed if them taking the reigns away from them. They're their own nation, if Shoko let the ARUS do everything than they would pretty much just be a ARUS vassal state and would be forced to do what ARUS wants.

Besides, if ARUS get more control they'll try and get info on the Valvrave's as if they get what they want they could even abandon them to their fate if it benefits them.
Old 2013-10-13, 02:16   Link #67
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domonkazu View Post
wtf Haruto, you prefer to do it with L-elf? damn no more Saki rape time??
I'm actually really, really relieved that Haruto chose to nibble on L-elf rather than Saki. Back in the first series, one possible angle of interpretation in regard to Haruto's marriage proposal to Saki and his attitude of wanting to keep away from Shoko was that on some level - obviously not consciously - he thought it was okay to stay around Saki and subject her to abuse due to them both being "monsters" ("Oh no, I attacked you against my will! So let's get married and be together forever as monsters, since I can't ever get be around the human that I love in case she's in danger from my presence! But it's okay to be around you and put you in danger, Saki, because you aren't human."). But now I know that interpretation is fully ruled out and that Haruto absolutely does not on any level think that it's okay to harm or coerce Saki.

And it's good to know that, because I don't think I could like Haruto or be okay with Haruto/Saki as a ship if Haruto thought even subconsciously that it was all right to hurt Saki. But after this episode, it's extremely clear that he does value her and care about her well-being. If he'd decided to take advantage of her in this episode it would have been the kiss of death for the ship as far as I'm concerned.
Old 2013-10-13, 03:04   Link #68
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Now, Shoko and Neo Jior are going to have to learn, but that takes time. Until then, let the ARUS do it.
Except ARUS, who control everything, don't seem interested in teaching them.
Old 2013-10-13, 04:50   Link #69
~BC~

Eh, seems fairly obvious to me that meeting wasn't about knowing accounting or not. It was an example of how easily the experienced can intimidate the inexperienced. I think the problem is that the kids went in there with no clear outline of how they were going to push their ideas. What Shoko suggested made sense but that would mean that ARUS would have to take extra risks while losing their stake in the Module. No way they were going to just roll over and let that happen. Hence L-Elf's plan.
Old 2013-10-13, 04:51   Link #70
Friday
Im shy too...

Welcome back Valvrave

Spoiler for when in doubt:
Old 2013-10-13, 05:09   Link #71
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post
Welcome back Valvrave

Spoiler for when in doubt:
There, fixed .

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Old 2013-10-13, 05:36   Link #72
Friday
Im shy too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
There, fixed .
ah yeah thanks for that!!!!!
Old 2013-10-13, 17:30   Link #73
Flolan

Whar are the chances Saki is carrying Haruto's child and just doesnt know of it yet? Like damn, do you have any idea how awesome drama that would create... I can just imagine the look on Shoko's face when she hears the news.
Old 2013-10-13, 17:45   Link #74
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flolan View Post
Whar are the chances Saki is carrying Haruto's child and just doesnt know of it yet? Like damn, do you have any idea how awesome drama that would create... I can just imagine the look on Shoko's face when she hears the news.
If Saki was pregnant she should know by now. They had a two month time skip and by now she as a woman (assuming this works like real life) should have noticed she wasn't having her period.
Old 2013-10-13, 17:53   Link #75
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
If Saki was pregnant she should know by now. They had a two month time skip and by now she as a woman (assuming this works like real life) should have noticed she wasn't having her period.
Or being Valvrave, she finds out in the coming weeks.

Oh dear, drama...

S/O to Key board for that
Old 2013-10-13, 18:28   Link #76
Irenesharda

Quote:
It's entirely possible that she wouldn't know at this point. It's only been two months since the incident, most women, especially first-time mothers don't feel any symptoms till the third or fourth month (morning sickness, fatigue, etc.). You usually don't start showing till near the end of the fourth, going into the fifth month.

Some pregnancies are accompanied by spotting that can be mistaken for periods. Also, I can tell you as a woman, because your period depends on the right flow of hormones, times when you are under a lot of stress, sick, or even very athletic, can lead to you missing a period or two.

I'd say, other than being sick, Saki has been under all of that lately. So, it's quite possible that she could be pregnant.

There are many reports of mothers who never even knew they were pregnant until they actually gave birth! So, yeah, every mother's experience is unique. There are some women who report that they knew almost immediately, but most of the time, those aren't first-time mothers.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-10-13, 18:40   Link #77
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Or being Valvrave, she finds out in the coming weeks.

Oh dear, drama...

S/O to Key board for that
I wouldn't half put it past them. She could be one of those women who has really irregular periods, or they could blame it on extreme stress as to why she thought her period wasn't happening.

@Irenesharda Yeah, I count those women as lucky because mine comes like f'ing clockwork I don't care what.
Old 2013-10-13, 18:58   Link #78
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Someone on 2ch had an interesting thought

"I'm serious about this post.
Saki is pregnant, Haruto wants to kill all the Kamitsuki, including her child. She will leave Haruto and NewJOIR, will join Cain and the Magius and will have a relevant role in the VVV Empire 200 years after, still watching over her grandgrandgrandsons and defending them from the attacks of Shoko's empire."

http://archive.foolz.us/a/search/text/haruto/page/48/
Old 2013-10-13, 19:33   Link #79
Irenesharda

Quote:

@Irenesharda Yeah, I count those women as lucky because mine comes like f'ing clockwork I don't care what.
I've missed a few during my high school years, but after that mine's been pretty clockwork too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Someone on 2ch had an interesting thought

"I'm serious about this post.
Saki is pregnant, Haruto wants to kill all the Kamitsuki, including her child. She will leave Haruto and NewJOIR, will join Cain and the Magius and will have a relevant role in the VVV Empire 200 years after, still watching over her grandgrandgrandsons and defending them from the attacks of Shoko's empire."

http://archive.foolz.us/a/search/text/haruto/page/48/
That actually sounds like pretty sound speculation. I can see Haruto's want to destroy the Magius becoming an obsession, though it would have to be something very drastic to happen to make him go all genocide like that, especially considering the child would be his.

It would be really interesting if the good guys and bad guys traded places, with JIOR becoming evil ruled by Haruto, and Cain and the Magius on the defensive trying to save their people.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-10-13, 20:06   Link #80
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
It would be really interesting if the good guys and bad guys traded places, with JIOR becoming evil ruled by Haruto, and Cain and the Magius on the defensive trying to save their people.
Hmm...

Spoiler:

Last edited by KleenexGhost; 2013-10-14 at 00:22.
Closed Thread