AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 75 35.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 56 26.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 12.38%
7 out of 10 : Good 30 14.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 15 7.14%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.43%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 1.43%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.48%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.48%
Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-02, 21:52   Link #241
haruhism

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeplessNites
This means war! .. oh, not really

Actually Itsuki could associate better with satan's incarnation, for he constantly emits ulterior motives behind a million dollar cold smile.
everyone knows itsuki loves men. why else would he stare so deeply into kyon's "beauty mark"

and i truly think nobody deserves to be with itsuki. his all around personality is disgusting.
Old 2006-06-02, 22:56   Link #242
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
I find the reactions to Koizumi by the viewers here quite fascinating. There's the "Happy Bodhisvatta" camp that thinks he just radiates tranquility with "what is" and there's the "completely insincere manipulator" (thats not quite it but "Beware of Koizumi") camp.
Is it possible to fall into both camps? I mostly agree with the Happy Bodhisvatta way of thinking, but he's still obviously a manipulator. Yet that in itself isn't necessarily a negative quality; isn't manipulating the most basic element of his, Yuki & Mikuru's job? They have to manipulate situations so that Haruhi doesn't get bored and (along with Kyon) stave off approaching disaster without letting Haruhi know any more than she has to. Yuki and Itsuki possess the necessary skills to carry all of that out--in fact, in some ways Yuki is far, far more of a "manipulator," as she seems to do much more behind-the-scenes preventive work than Itsuki. She may be controlling & smoothing things over almost constantly. Mikuru doesn't have that kind of aptitude, but at least she's moe.

I just don't think Itsuki has ill intentions--at least not any more so than Yuki & Mikuru. His preternatural calmness is what makes him amusing as a character, and he (like Yuki) has the advantage of being about 1000% more reliable than Mikuru-tan. If he were a female character, viewers would probably worship his personality for exactly the same reasons that they revile it now. But hey, that's life--y'all should just be happy that he doesn't hit on the girls! Then he'd really seem like a sleazebag. No, he's certainly no threat to Kyon's harem...

I want to see Itsuki and Yuki team up again in the future.
Old 2006-06-03, 00:25   Link #243
DannyCat
Currently Observing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX
I want to see Itsuki and Yuki team up again in the future.
For some reason, I picture them as a law firm in a sitcom.
Old 2006-06-03, 01:15   Link #244
eVaX
Haruhiist

Send a message via AIM to eVaX
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyCat
For some reason, I picture them as a law firm in a sitcom.
Kinda makes sense, I just don't see myself laughing at Yuki very often though. Maybe more like Law and Order, CSI or something.

I've kept thinking that Haruhi x Kyon pairing is like the x-files' Mulder x Scully, cept Haruhi is the one with insane suggestions and beliefs and Kyon is the one who keeps shooting them down and tries to keep the collateral damage to a minimum.
Old 2006-06-03, 06:42   Link #245
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eVaX

I've kept thinking that Haruhi x Kyon pairing is like the x-files' Mulder x Scully, cept Haruhi is the one with insane suggestions and beliefs and Kyon is the one who keeps shooting them down and tries to keep the collateral damage to a minimum.
Ugh, one of the lamest couples ever Or is it because Mulder's acting sucked really bad?
Old 2006-06-03, 09:24   Link #246
yura`

seems that this episode generated 'mixed' reactions from everyone... but personally i thought it was a good 'ending'. like what ppl before me have mentioned, the subtlety of the entire episode and setting really appealed to me. the serene piano music at the end really fitted the mood (i might try transcribing it when i'm free! heh)

one thing about Suzumiya Haruhi: you can just watch any one episode over and over again and pick up so many new details you haven't seen before - there's just so many 'layers', if you get what i mean... I found that especially true for this episode, especially after following this discussion thread on the many hidden messages, references, etc. =)
Old 2006-06-03, 11:15   Link #247
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
2. Yuki will be reabsorbed into the data entity when no longer required. Mikuru will probably have to go back to the future -- especially if she's Kyon's granddaughter or great-niece or something. That leaves KyonxGod (i.e., Haruhi).
While Miuru will probably end up going back to the future, I think that Yuki will stay. There will always be things for her to observe. Given Mikuru's reaction to her, I have to wonder if Mikuru might be her decendant.
Old 2006-06-03, 13:28   Link #248
Boukenxha

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
Hmmm talking about what the SOS dan members are thinking, I wonder what does Mikuru think of the SOS dan.

This episode we've seen Mikuru changing through 6/7 costumes and she seems fine and even looks happy lol. She gave a 'V' after changing into the nurse costume, is that a 'Victory V' I hear?

Did she really took notes from Mori(the maid)? Did she work so hard as a maid and mascot of SOS dan to please Haruhi or maybe Kyon? Or is she enjoying herself actually?

lol lots of questions here, its my way of starting up discussions
IMO besides her mission and that Kyon is there, I think some parts of Mikuru enjoy being in SOS-dan because she is appreciated there. Despite the cosplaying and stuff that she doesn't like doing, she works hard at being a mascot, maid etc. because she is responding to an expectation from Haruhi. Well she is always this clumsy, timid and soft-spoken person who doesn't exactly feel confident about herself, so knowing that there is something she can do for SOS-dan, making tea for example which she seems to be good at, she's probably happy knowing that she is of some help. Coincidently, I think some of this were also reflected in ep 00 which I suppose by now should be known to contain more truths than it appears to be.

Additionally, I think Mikuru's is also happy to be in SOS-dan because she has made some friends there. With her character, I don't think she is the type that's good at socializing, Tsuruya might possibly be her only close friend. I even suspect she was the one to hit on Mikuru because she finds her cute, which Haruhi did the same but more aggressively.

For Kyon, he said it that SOS-dan has become his everyday habits. Apparently this is also the guy who once gave up his fantasies and conceded to living an ordinary routine life, but ironically when you are with Haruhi, changes are abound and they are unpredictable to boot. I guess Haruhi's charisma has some hold on him, even though he grumbles and complains, no doubt he is a nice person and he probably has not realise how much he cares for the people in SOS-dan, not just for Mikuru. Maybe in vol.4 the novel (no I haven't read the novels and I'm not asking for spoilers, I'm just guessing what happens from the book title), Kyon will be the most anxious?

Anyway, got to say I really like the mood change at this stage in the series. Just like it was depicted in the ep itself, the ending made me feel like I was in the rain and came back home to a familiar "okaeri" and hot tea from a love one. The last part is definitely the highlight, it feels extra endearing as this is the Haruhi we don't see often, so sweet of her. The ending with the little piano piece and when Haruhi made a face like that in my avatar is romantic and nice. Overall a nice warm episode and a great "last episode" too!
Old 2006-06-03, 14:05   Link #249
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Additionally, I think Mikuru's is also happy to be in SOS-dan because she has made some friends there. With her character, I don't think she is the type that's good at socializing, Tsuruya might possibly be her only close friend. I even suspect she was the one to hit on Mikuru because she finds her cute, which Haruhi did the same but more aggressively.
On another level, I believe there is also a more solid reason why Mikuru appreciate the SOS dan.

Even though she has friends before the start of the book, Mikuru is still bound by the fact that she has to hide her identity to everyone. In the SOS dan, nearly everyone in the room knows she is from the future. Mikuru can be more at ease around them, knowing she doesn't have to deceive Kyon, Itsuki or Yuki. It would be like someone who has to wear a rubber facemask all day, but can take it off for a short time when she is with people who know the real her.
Old 2006-06-03, 14:22   Link #250
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Seems like most of us agree that Mikuru is happy in the SOS dan, meaning that Haruhi has been doing a good deed all along lol.

Kyon is probably happy too, but is Yuki and Itsuki having fun? Since Yuki shows no emotions all the time, but we know shes developing something, she may be having fun.

But Itsuki? I have to admit I'm not a fan of Itsuki, mostly because he looks evil lol. Is he having fun in SOS dan? Is his smile sincere or fake? I haven't seen anything from him that shows that hes enjoying, he looks like he's staying in the SOS dan because of his duties and because Haruhi got him in.

His smile is secretive and is almost like a mask itself, he takes it off when people aren't around him or when he's not being noticed. Like when he stares at Kyon's mole, he looked pretty evil and I wonder what he's thinking.

Mikuru's main duty is monitoring Haruhi, Yuki does about the same, but also chaos control, both of them are passive. Itsuki is here for monitoring and investigation as well, but he's also the one who seem to do more direct actions.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2006-06-03, 14:24   Link #251
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:

His smile is secretive and is almost like a mask itself, he takes it off when people aren't around him or when he's not being noticed. Like when he stares at Kyon's mole, he looked pretty evil and I wonder what he's thinking.
I think you're a bit paranoid there
Old 2006-06-03, 14:45   Link #252
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
sorry that mole part pushed it over the edge for me...i cnt stop laughing...i wonder wht he was thinking then?? funny if he brings out a book entitles: 101 ways to DEmole...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-06-03, 14:46   Link #253
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Does he get the hots for moles?
Old 2006-06-03, 15:11   Link #254
RiXeD
excuse me wtf r u desu?

Quote:
But Itsuki? I have to admit I'm not a fan of Itsuki, mostly because he looks evil lol. Is he having fun in SOS dan? Is his smile sincere or fake? I haven't seen anything from him that shows that hes enjoying, he looks like he's staying in the SOS dan because of his duties and because Haruhi got him in.

Nah, in novel vol1 chapter 7

Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-03, 15:14   Link #255
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Finally managed to have some time to catch this ep. Between attending my cousin's graduation, moving out from the dorm, getting ready for my own graduation my stock of anime has been piling up. And its not going to get any better for the next few weeks: family vacation and travelling etc...

Highlights for this ep:
1. Loved all the little signs they scattered in the room referring to events that have happened before this episode in the timeline (both the ones that were shown in the anime and the ones that haven't been shown).
2. This ep is full of understated humor, good for a chuckle.
3. Yuki's reading scene. I laughed so loud when I recognized some of the dialogues from other shows thrown around.
4. Tsuruya-san!
5. Dere-Haruhi!

Now back to busy-ness...

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
Old 2006-06-03, 15:18   Link #256
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
Does he get the hots for moles?
I can't believe so many people are suspicious of Itsuki just because the guy was staring a mole (WTF? )

I would be more suspicious of Yuki. She's a freaking ET, for god sake
Old 2006-06-03, 15:20   Link #257
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

^ Yeah but she's one hot ET
Old 2006-06-03, 15:23   Link #258
RiXeD
excuse me wtf r u desu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun
I can't believe so many people are suspicious of Itsuki just because the guy was staring a mole (WTF? )
COS IT`S DAMN CREEPY! DON`T YOU UNDERSTAND?! Or you too... *GASP* YOU TOO LOVE MOLES?!?!?!!?!?
Old 2006-06-03, 17:38   Link #259
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

@RiXeD's spoiler: Seems like I'll need to reread novel 1 lol

@Kyon's mole: The mole itself is a mystery, Itsuki must have noticed something from the mole, the probably has some evil secrets. I wonder what he noticed.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2006-06-03, 18:26   Link #260
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Yes. See, Itsuki's potentially evil smirks are nothing more than a massive ruse. Kyon's mole is obviously the real arch-villain of the series.
Closed Thread