AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-10-27, 15:05   Link #11681
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
i liked ch23 alot with one big exception: won fanfan. i hate that guy so much. its like how kyero hates yuri. i just hate bl so much. i hope the character dies soon. luckily im sure they wont ever go that way to end the manga.
I'm not a fan of that stuff either. "Trap" male characters are not my thing either. Its one thing if its an ongoing joke like in Girl Saurus, but not here. Especially since we everyone thought there was going to be another new girl in the arc (don't deny it, you know you did).

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I hate yaoi as much as the next guy but I think people are under the wrong impression. I don't think Won is gay, his enthusiasm just gives that impression.
I don't think he isn't gay either, it was a joke with the whole eternal employment thing. And so you can say Tsukune is attracting even guys into his harem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
Let's hope not. I dislike harem ends as I consider a harem-ending to not be an ending at all and thankfully, the mangaka seems to have the same idea as me when it comes to Polygamy a "naive" dream
Naive dream is the perfect description for it too. Thankfully, I don't think we will have a harem end. It'll either be Moka or no one.
Old 2009-10-27, 15:07   Link #11682
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Well Tsukune is good looking, strong, and has a legion of female fans, he's bound to attract a male eventually lol
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 15:52   Link #11683
Xagzan

Everyone keeps focusing on this "naive dream" bit as some sort of clear indicator of how it will end, without seeming to remember that even after it said "time to move on from this naive dream," they didn't ACTUALLY move on from it, and it played a major part in the rest of the chapter.

Quote:
Someone requested this, heres a quick color job of Inner Moka being embarrassed

Spoiler for image:
Win
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 16:31   Link #11684
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Well actually he'd get two vampires. Since both outer and inner have their own personalities. It would make nightly rituals very interesting...
He better hope he has enough stamina to please them both.
Well, if you don't mind reading fanfics based loosely on the end of the anime's second season, I would recommend reading the Kapuchuu to Vampire series by Ou-Rex on fanfiction.net.

As of the latest in that story Tsukune has just gotten married to Moka (whom has been literally split into two individuals for pretty much several years now), and has to deal with being married to the "technical" two vampires mentioned above. Though the group hasn't been split as many seem to think might happen, with a pausible method to keep the newspaper club together as a group under one roof.

The situations are quite comedic, especially with the latest chapters.

Kapuchuu to Vampire - Part 1 12 chapters

Kapuchuu to Vampire - Part 2 - Anata_ni_Kapuchuu 6 chapters

Kapuchuu to Vampire - Part 3 - Kapuchuu_Ga_Hoshii_No 25 chapters, and counting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
That's exactly why. The nail hit the head and Inner Moka took out her frustration on them.
Yes, Tsundere Moka!

95% Tsun, 5% dere, and we love her for it!

(By the way, this is a reference to the Ayu Mayu web anime from the people to brought us the MuvLuv series of ero-games.)

Quote:
I think the beginning of the chapter is pretty important, not only does it bring up something we already know, but it reminds us that Tsukune promised all of them that he'll always be with them... which is impossible in normal circumstances.
Ah yes, the promises we make... some you just can't keep in the form you originally made them.

Last edited by GrrDraxin; 2009-10-27 at 16:42.
GrrDraxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 16:48   Link #11685
ACSephiroth
Lucy's man

I'm glad the wait was worth it. And whats wrong with Polygamy (besides the fact its illegal in most countries) ?! Maybe I might start reading of you guys antics again
ACSephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 17:33   Link #11686
Johnny
Working the bags...

Way ahead of you there GrrDraxin... During the 2 month wait I've read all the decent R+V stories on FanFic...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 18:05   Link #11687
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Way ahead of you there GrrDraxin... During the 2 month wait I've read all the decent R+V stories on FanFic...
I've been on FanFic even before the break. There aren't that many decent R+V fics out there.

The ones from OuRex, like GrrDraxin mentioned, are some of the best ones there along with the one by Platinumsabr. There are some other really good fics on there but those authors have finished their stories and haven't written new ones for R+V.

For those of you that are really hung up on the harem type endings, read Platinumsabr's fic. It's the only harem fic I've read but it could quite possibly be the best harem ending R+V fic out there. If it wasn't for the Moka's "admitting" that she wanted Tsukune for hersleves in Ch. 23, R+V could've gone done this path.

The rest are too OC-centric or their writing styles are too broken.
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 19:23   Link #11688
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Yes.

That, or he's a reverse trap.

Also of note: Yukari's "We don't need a man in the harem". And Tsukune's "Scary Yukari is the scariest". Very funny chapter.

Suggestion: Mizore mellowed out after making out with Kurumu. Time to try it on Moka and Inner Moka. That'll bring them around.

Anyone noticed Kokoa was on the harem side? Any idea what it means?
/sigh it was not making out

anyways, I really hope they don't start introducing more characters. I don't want this to end up like bleach or naruto -_- this new guy is cool dispite his sexuality and the karate guy hopefuly pops up here and there.
Old 2009-10-27, 20:19   Link #11689
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedRice84 View Post
I've been on FanFic even before the break. There aren't that many decent R+V fics out there.

The ones from OuRex, like GrrDraxin mentioned, are some of the best ones there along with the one by Platinumsabr. There are some other really good fics on there but those authors have finished their stories and haven't written new ones for R+V.

For those of you that are really hung up on the harem type endings, read Platinumsabr's fic. It's the only harem fic I've read but it could quite possibly be the best harem ending R+V fic out there. If it wasn't for the Moka's "admitting" that she wanted Tsukune for hersleves in Ch. 23, R+V could've gone done this path.

The rest are too OC-centric or their writing styles are too broken.
Yeah, sadly it was a short read on the decent ones. The other were going way off the wall OC or adding in too many overpowered OOC's that ruined the story. 100% agree with you on Platinumsabr's story "Here In My Arms"...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 21:05   Link #11690
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

a rule of making a good OC, give him/her plenty of CONs with less PROs. and never make them more OP than the main characters (Example: Moka, Tsukune, Gin)

my Ifrit OC for example, he's deadly weak agenst water and will die if he uses too much of his fire power. but at the same time hes good at CQC and doesn't need to use his fire power 24/7. also Moka,Tsukune and Mizore can easly OP him well Not so much Tsukune because he's still partly human and will burn easy if hes not careful. the only time he's OP is in his LAST fight, as a Youkai that is
Old 2009-10-27, 22:48   Link #11691
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Makes me almost afraid to hear your review of my own fanfic (which will have more chapters up once Tempest returns from Boot camp)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 23:43   Link #11692
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
While the harem thing was funny how everyone reacted pretty much made sense. Of course Moka was completely against it since she knows that she is going to win . Why should she share when her victory is assured? The others would obviously go for it since it's better than the alternative which is not getting Tsukune period and eventually moving on with their lives.
Old 2009-10-28, 00:06   Link #11693
gaffer7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
While the harem thing was funny how everyone reacted pretty much made sense. Of course Moka was completely against it since she knows that she is going to win . Why should she share when her victory is assured? The others would obviously go for it since it's better than the alternative which is not getting Tsukune period and eventually moving on with their lives.
Ironically enough exactly what I was thinking, losing situation for all girls except Moka if harem doesn't go ahead, so everyone's reactions make perfect sense. Lol, I want more harem humour, still can't get over how funny that chapter was.
Old 2009-10-28, 00:09   Link #11694
Dark Mage

Well..I dont like harem ending because I consider them as consolation prizes of some sort and like Moka, I think its not true love and I am one of those who believe that "to gain something you have to lose somethings too" If the other girls are not chosen, they can just go on being friends with Tsukune and look for other mates or wait for Moka and Tsukune to break up or just keep themselves busy with other stuff like Mizore's mom collects guns. Well Harem Endings are ok for laughs but that just isnt a true ending at all

Last edited by Dark Mage; 2009-10-28 at 01:22.
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 00:18   Link #11695
gaffer7

Quote:
Well..I dont like harem ending because I consider them as consolation prizes of some sort and like Moka, I think its not true love and I am one of those who believe that "to gain something you have to lose somethings too" If the other girls are not chose, they can just go on being friends with Tsukune and look for other mates or wait for Moka and Tsukune to break up or just keep themselves busy with other stuff like Mizore's mom collects guns. Well Harem Endings are ok for laughs but that just isnt a true ending at all
I agree entirely with that; in general, I think harem endings are pointless, unrealistic and shallow. I'm still hoping that the TsukunexMoka relationship will expand out nicely and we'll have a satisfying conclusion with that (although I just hope there'll be more Inner Moka action since she's my favourite half of Moka); if it ends up like To-Love Ru I'll be seriously ticked off. It's just nice to get humour of the sort in this chapter every once in a while, a refreshing break from the serious situations that have been filling much of the series recently.
Old 2009-10-28, 00:20   Link #11696
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I don't wanna see either Mizore or Kurumu crying again... it breaks my heart
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 00:44   Link #11697
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Well..I dont like harem ending because I consider them as consolation prizes of some sort and like Moka, I think its not true love and I am one of those who believe that "to gain something you have to lose somethings too" If the other girls are not chose, they can just go on being friends with Tsukune and look for other mates or wait for Moka and Tsukune to break up or just keep themselves busy with other stuff like Mizore's mom collects guns. Well Harem Endings are ok for laughs but that just isnt a true ending at all
Yeah you certainly have a point. Though I can't say the witches mind being consolation prizes. We are talking about the two that refered to themselves as the concubine and the toy .

Sadly know things are going to end poorly for Kurumu and Mizore. Going to be the ones who are hit the hardest when Tsukune finally steps up and picks Moka. While it'd be nice to think things could just end with them waiting for things to fall apart or staying friends hard to think it will end that smoothly. While a comedy chapter is probably right in things will probably fragment and split up at the very least when school is concluded. Besides think Kurumu and Mizore don't have time to wait around. If it doesn't work out with Tsukune they will just have to move on.

But yeah while Tsukune's feelings are clearly stronger in one area the whole harem ending won't work out. Would just be trying to keep things from being lost.

I still stand by saying it's not at all about lack of true love with Moka. She just knows that she will win in the end and there is no reason to take a hit herself in terms of a harem . Can't really blame her for wanting something that's in her own interest.

Anyways while more of a comedy chapter definitely hit one of the major points in this series. Things can't continue on like this forever.
Old 2009-10-28, 01:15   Link #11698
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Makes me almost afraid to hear your review of my own fanfic (which will have more chapters up once Tempest returns from Boot camp)
who? Me or someone else?
Old 2009-10-28, 01:27   Link #11699
Dark Mage

Or it could be that Tsukune doesnt chose any of the girls and just leaves the demon world after graduating while working for the demon world in the human world but he will live by himself and would probably get himself a human bride. Anybody thought of that....it could happen
Old 2009-10-28, 02:08   Link #11700
Cio
Otaku

Quote:
Someone requested this, heres a quick color job of Inner Moka being embarrassed

Spoiler for image:
Awesome!

She is really moe in this page... Very very moe...

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire