AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-15, 06:26   Link #1281
judasmartel
*Author

Has Touma already IDTI'd Kirito out of the LN ratings somehow? That would be cash for me if I could see that happening. I felt JUSTICE when I saw an image of Touma IDTI'ing the hell out of Kirito.
Old 2013-04-15, 06:30   Link #1282
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Has Touma already IDTI'd Kirito out of the LN ratings somehow? That would be cash for me if I could see that happening. I felt JUSTICE when I saw an image of Touma IDTI the hell out of Kirto.
Yes, please! I would like to see Touma to smack the crap out of Kirito's face out from his 'throne' with his almighty right fist! Count me in!
Old 2013-04-15, 06:34   Link #1283
judasmartel
*Author

Touma being Gary Stu is still quite a stretch. While he has defeated upper-tier opponents who rely too much on their powers like Accelerator and Fiamma, he still can't defeat mid-tier opponents who DON'T NEED to use their powers against him, like Tsuchimikado, Kanzaki, and post-Saint Destroyer Acqua.

Kirito, on the other hand, can beat pretty much ANYONE because he's just that awesome. And even if he loses, he's still that awesome.
Old 2013-04-15, 06:44   Link #1284
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Touma being Gary Stu is still quite a stretch. While he has defeated upper-tier opponents who rely too much on their powers like Accelerator and Fiamma, he still can't defeat mid-tier opponents who DON'T NEED to use their powers against him, like Tsuchimikado, Kanzaki, and post-Saint Destroyer Acqua.

Kirito, on the other hand, can beat pretty much ANYONE because he's just that awesome. And even if he loses, he's still that awesome.
^
QFT.

Besides, since when Kirito has honor?
Old 2013-04-15, 06:49   Link #1285
judasmartel
*Author

Huh, honor? What's that? /joking mode

But really, why does the guy have no honor?
Old 2013-04-15, 06:51   Link #1286
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Huh, honor? What's that? /joking mode

But really, why does the guy have no honor?
I don't remember he has one....
Old 2013-04-15, 06:52   Link #1287
judasmartel
*Author

Wait, what? I don't follow exactly.
Old 2013-04-15, 07:09   Link #1288
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Guys, lets keep things civil here; the last thing I want is a Railgun-SAO fan coming in here and get defensive.
Old 2013-04-15, 21:07   Link #1289
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisingfalcon View Post
Then I'll just say that touma is epic! Hes a protagonist that actually shows growth! Its not some some radical change and power ups. If you see the touma from the start of the series and compare it to the touma from now you can see that he has committed mistakes and good deeds like any person would. His growth is slow but steady. You can see His battle performance getting better, hes more aware of his posture and his surroundings.

His morals are put up for questions and he dosent have the answer to everything yet he does his best in a way thats believeable. He just a great protagonist and i can only give him a thumbs up!!
what makes touma special unlike many other protagonist is that hes quite memorable(if not one of the easiest characters to remember EX:light novel rankings touma was still able to stay in the top 3 male and top 5 overall after two years the index anime ended and manage to stay in newtype popularity poll top ten for a full year as well, but it's still questionable seeing as how the RAILDEX franchise is still growing in the popularity so it could explain why hes doing so well in most of his popularity polls hes been to.) hes easy to like if you respect a character who relies on tactics rather then being overpowered but depends on which form and questioning other opponents view points who think they could use their sorry childhood as an excuse to attack other innocent people and one of the rare main characters who punches a girl like accelerator who as well earned my respect. touma special compare to other typical shounen protagonist who needs power up and other crap to keep fans entertain while unlike touma who just relies on imagine breaker+precog to help make each and every fights unique and interesting and yet still manage to grow in popularity though sadly he can't compete with mikoto in popularity but none of the less is extremely popular he hasn't even been to a single japan top ten or 20 most hated anime characters poll once which shows you he isn't at all as hated as much as the haters overreact to either(sadly though accelerator manage to be in one if not more that i'm unaware of).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Well this will explain why Touma IS so damn famous. He and his almighty Touma punch.

BTW, I think Touma is being more of a freaking HAX than a Gary Stu.
fixed for truth. my friend, touma has yet to lose any popularity, why i ask? because he has hardcore fans thats why.

Last edited by Goldzero; 2013-04-15 at 22:33.
Old 2013-04-16, 06:07   Link #1290
erdii

for me Touma is a lot different from other pratogonist because there are people he can't defeat even if he tries his best. ı mean he is powerless against saints who uses physical power. normal protoganists would lose to an opponent and have a special training than become strong enough to beat that opponent. after that come an opponent stronger than previous one. he get a power up and defeats him and so on. yet Touma is same. ı mean he was using imagine breaker in vol. 1 to fight and in new testament he is still using imagine breaker. he is popular despite that.
Old 2013-04-16, 07:30   Link #1291
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdii View Post
yet Touma is same. ı mean he was using imagine breaker in vol. 1 to fight and in new testament he is still using imagine breaker. he is popular despite that.
They say that a Soul Level 1 run is the true test of a player of Dark/Demon Souls....
Old 2013-04-16, 09:02   Link #1292
tsunade666

Lol. That reminds me of the ultimate challenge when playing an RPG. After completing the game. You start a new with a challenge of beating the game with only level 1.

Your stats didn't change but your skills will probably change with a different parameters for it.
Old 2013-04-16, 09:37   Link #1293
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdii View Post
Yet Touma is same. ı mean he was using imagine breaker in vol. 1 to fight and in new testament he is still using imagine breaker. he is popular despite that.
To some degree, yes. Luffy has been using his rubber powers ever since he became a pirate, and even as he crosses through the Grand Line, he's still using his rubber powers, but it's more powerful than before.

Well, yeah, Touma only has his IB at the start of the LN's, but it was revealed later that as a result of getting his ass kicked by supernatural powers so many times he developed the ability to sense them. And now, he can use his IB in a similar way Accelerator uses his Vector Shield, by blocking a sufficiently powerful supernatural attack and then sending it back. It's not as fast as Accel's Vector Shield, but you should get the idea.

But otherwise, no. A certain shinigami gets unexplained power-ups most of the freaking time only to defeat the next villain, which is more powerful than the previous one.
Old 2013-04-16, 09:49   Link #1294
Rovert10

Touma grows in technique not power.

Even when he grows in power aka "higher than God?" invisable thing. It got crushed like a bug.

He doesn't pull out bs trump/power cards which I always liked. Well he does have one but it is shown to be beatable and very unlikely Touma would pull it out on his own will.
Old 2013-04-16, 09:58   Link #1295
judasmartel
*Author

But if he eventually learns to control it somehow...
Old 2013-04-16, 10:37   Link #1296
Rovert10

Quote:
But if he eventually learns to control it somehow...
Then it be something we expected to happen eventually. It isn't something that Touma would pull out of *** like others.
Old 2013-04-16, 17:32   Link #1297
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovert10 View Post
Touma grows in technique not power.

Even when he grows in power aka "higher than God?" invisable thing. It got crushed like a bug.

He doesn't pull out bs trump/power cards which I always liked. Well he does have one but it is shown to be beatable and very unlikely Touma would pull it out on his own will.
actually it was stated that touma old buddy MISFORTUNE might have caused the problem which got it crushed so easily in the first place and don't forget her 50/50 chance that her attack well work even if the opponent if much stronger then her and can still pull a win just like that but to weaker foes was stated she may have more trouble with. and don't forget touma MIND EYE which helps him react to attacks and put his imagine breaker to the location where it's coming at or his body to the best location to minimize the damage it also helps him react to dodging multiple attacks as well if anyone remembers biagio fight and his flying cross..... dam i love touma.
Old 2013-04-16, 23:26   Link #1298
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

well there are two sides of TouMAN

then there's the supposed to be bat shit insane version if you cut off his right arm

Old 2013-04-16, 23:51   Link #1299
judasmartel
*Author

^ Touma Kamijou WINS

FLAWLESS VICTORY

FATALITY
Old 2013-04-17, 12:33   Link #1300
Birdway
Banned

Wow, for a moment I thought that girl should be Aurelous female version!
Closed Thread