AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-07-06, 10:18   Link #2521
KLGChaos
The Shermain

I've been watching the Bakemonogatari anime and I have to say, it's really good. It's leaps and bounds above Medaka Box and it's hard to believe they're by the same author. Yeah, there's no real action in it, but the character development and their interactions are top notch, something that MB severely lacks. I'm not sure if he's just been restricted by the medium or if he's intentionally trying something different than normal.

Nishio seems to be at his best with the way the characters interact with each other. We need a lot more of this in MB. Less action and gags.
Old 2010-07-07, 04:19   Link #2522
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
I've been watching the Bakemonogatari anime and I have to say, it's really good. It's leaps and bounds above Medaka Box and it's hard to believe they're by the same author.
Read the Zaregoto novels, it's Nisio's piece de resistance.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 19:08   Link #2523
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Still waiting on the raws for 58. Saw them up on raw distro, but when I tried to download them, it gave me 57 instead.
Old 2010-07-09, 19:29   Link #2524
Homura7

Whoever is interested, pm me if you want the raw. For the meantime I'll leave this:

Spoiler for spoiler:

Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 20:01   Link #2525
sirloin

Spoiler:

Last edited by sirloin; 2010-07-09 at 21:01.
sirloin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 20:44   Link #2526
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _kurusu_ View Post
Whoever is interested, pm me if you want the raw. For the meantime I'll leave this:

Spoiler for spoiler:

Well, that's ONE way to break the monotony of battle after battle...

Spoiler:

Adding spoiler to previous quote:

If that is, we've completed all our female character archetypes.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 22:16   Link #2527
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Spoiler:
Old 2010-07-09, 22:17   Link #2528
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

Spoiler:
Old 2010-07-09, 22:25   Link #2529
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

Quote:
Spoiler:
Why wouldn't he be? And look at how Akune reacted... he probably gets quite a few comments about it.

No wonder he does so well with Shiranui...
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 07:50   Link #2530
Last Carpet

Spoiler for ch 58:
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 09:27   Link #2531
Lummie

Spoiler for MB58:
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 09:29   Link #2532
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Carpet View Post
Spoiler for ch 58:
Spoiler:
Old 2010-07-10, 17:40   Link #2533
Westlo
Lets be reality

You really think he could get away with Bakemonogatari type arcs in WSJ? Come on think about it. Being a manga not to mention WSJ which is the hardest manga magazine to survive in changes everything.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 18:03   Link #2534
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Spoiler for ch58:
Old 2010-07-10, 18:48   Link #2535
Lummie

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 19:01   Link #2536
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Zenkichi's mom's a total MILF
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 20:28   Link #2537
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
You really think he could get away with Bakemonogatari type arcs in WSJ? Come on think about it. Being a manga not to mention WSJ which is the hardest manga magazine to survive in changes everything.
Glad you brought this up. I swear people forget far too often that this is a shounen manga and a Jump one at that. Although how this has managed to break, subvert, or mold the formula in its own way has impressed me.
Old 2010-07-10, 21:34   Link #2538
Last Carpet

Minus 13..............MINUS 13.

It hasn't been 5 chapters since Misogi's full introduction, and he's already got a group of his own. He sure woks fast. Wherever he transferred from, he must've made friends. The Student Council had a hard enough time beating the 13 Party, harder still when you factor in that they never actually fought the Plus 6.

The 13 Party are a group of Abnormals that were originally at a higher level than Medaka, 6 of which still are. From pure speculation I'd say the Minus 13 are probably 13 Abnormals all with a similar standing and mindset to Misogi, the one person she couldn't help or change for the better. I seriously doubt the Student Council can handle the Minus 13 on their own.

If anything, I hope they get help from members of Class 13. Maybe from the members of the 13 Party they met. If the Plus 6 help them, it'll probably be for revenge against Misogi. Anyway, it looks like the Minus 13 arc will be even better than the Flask Plan arc.

I wonder if he even has a negative version of the Plus 6?
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 22:05   Link #2539
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Not talking about the arcs, just how the character development in his other stuff is much better. As I get older, I find myself less drawn to stuff where characters just come and go with little development, and MB does suffer from an extreme lack of it. We have some, of course, but nowhere near as much as he usually does. Heck, most of the development we've seen either a) involves Medaka or b) is about the characters powers. No real growth otherwise and it hasn't been nearly as fun. It's why I don't read much of WSJ. I prefer things like WSM which target older audiences. :P WSJ really doesn't impress me that much.
Old 2010-07-11, 11:04   Link #2540
Lamar
Ippiki Ookami

Quote:
Not talking about the arcs, just how the character development in his other stuff is much better. As I get older, I find myself less drawn to stuff where characters just come and go with little development, and MB does suffer from an extreme lack of it. We have some, of course, but nowhere near as much as he usually does. Heck, most of the development we've seen either a) involves Medaka or b) is about the characters powers. No real growth otherwise and it hasn't been nearly as fun. It's why I don't read much of WSJ. I prefer things like WSM which target older audiences. :P WSJ really doesn't impress me that much.
You know, i think that Zen having a power would be a nice arc (Or just an arc on him). He has to suppress it cause it's dangerous, and blah blah blah. I mean yeah everyone around him isn't normal and it'd kill that, but still that would be interesting enuff for meh to read it. Seems like this current arc (Translated ones) Are just being repeated. Someone vs Someone, "good guy" gets his ass kicked, but ends up beating the "badd guy" I need something more interesting, but I still like this manga.

And about what you said, I prefer WSJ, probably because i read 12 of them, and I find them interesting.
Lamar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council