AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Sword Art Online: Alicization - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 4 19.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 6 28.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 33.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 14.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 4.76%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-10-07, 20:08   Link #21
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkard View Post
No one's gonna say anything about Asuna's Kirito cheating tracking device?
Considering what Kirito gets up to, I feel that it was only inevitable that she would need something like that.
Old 2018-10-08, 03:09   Link #22
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Indeed, after everything that’s happened the tracking device is definitely justified.

Just from various scenes we’ve seen of Alicization so far, Eugio already feels more like Kirito’s partner than Asuna. Which is kinda sad since she and Kirito have been promoted as partners in everything from keychains to wall scrolls since the very first OP.
Old 2018-10-08, 09:13   Link #23
Jaden

Animation is spotty...GGO segment was pretty good, IRL segment was okay, Underworld segment was kinda terrible.

I don't hate it though. There's continuity with the movie, which I liked, and the new "game" is a fun enigma. So meta, you can't tell between NPC and players. What's scripted and what's procedural. And what's even the point of it all?

I can make a guess already. Soul Translator is basically a brainwash kit, since the user completely forgets what's real, and information can flow two ways. That's what the villains want it for. And of course, it's also a prototype for the Accel World tech.
Old 2018-10-08, 10:04   Link #24
Malicre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Animation is spotty...GGO segment was pretty good, IRL segment was okay, Underworld segment was kinda terrible.

I don't hate it though. There's continuity with the movie, which I liked, and the new "game" is a fun enigma. So meta, you can't tell between NPC and players. What's scripted and what's procedural. And what's even the point of it all?

I can make a guess already. Soul Translator is basically a brainwash kit, since the user completely forgets what's real, and information can flow two ways. That's what the villains want it for. And of course, it's also a prototype for the Accel World tech.
Its extremely shocking that someone gave this a 9/10 and 10/10, i'm over here like "have you ever saw good anime?", fanboys will do their own thang tho sml.
Malicre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-08, 10:13   Link #25
Side-streetdog

As expected, animation quality as high as ever, scenes, tone etc. still top notch
I did read this arc for some years ago but never finish it. Only read some spoiler
I don't remember all of story and that is a good thing since it will keep anime feel fresh for me.

This arc would be more like "Isekai" genre than "In-game" from previous arcs.
And I thing that also good thing since there are limited what you can do with game setting
Author may not good in writing a stunning good novel, but he always find a good plots
I had high expectation from watching first episode, just hope they wouldn't fail us.

BTW, I didn't or ever will expected to see Yuna again
I don't believe there were ever been any original characters from movie back to main story
Most of series so far were not even mention or avoid to do anything about original movie.
The best would be just mention, which still rarely done after movie end.

I may missed it, but I believe there are none of movie elements in original novel either
If it just mentioned in series I would understand, but to see Yuna in OP...

I don't know, will they somehow add her in story? or it just cameo?
It has 4 cours after all, some addition wouldn't be impossible.

For now, it settle, Ordinal scale is a canon
Old 2018-10-08, 11:56   Link #26
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Side-streetdog View Post
I don't know, will they somehow add her in story? or it just cameo?
It has 4 cours after all, some addition wouldn't be impossible.

For now, it settle, Ordinal scale is a canon
No. Not yet.

Ordinal Scale still pose issue that Kawahara intended it as post-Alicization material, but Itou ask him to make it as a part of it so Ordinal Scale can promote Alicization;
'Canonizing' OS by now just bring a lot of contradiction as it create questions regarding some event. Kawahara himself is still 'playing around' with OS so it can fit with Alicization although given LN status, many readers speculated that Ordinal Scale will either have LN ver. for better explanation or have it stand as final content of current season.
Old 2018-10-08, 22:39   Link #27
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Indeed, after everything that’s happened the tracking device is definitely justified.

Just from various scenes we’ve seen of Alicization so far, Eugio already feels more like Kirito’s partner than Asuna. Which is kinda sad since she and Kirito have been promoted as partners in everything from keychains to wall scrolls since the very first OP.
I won't spoil anything, but I really fear the incoming ship war, given the direction that they took with just the first few minutes in this episode .

I feel bad for Asuna sometimes. I feel she invests herself in her relationship with Kirito more than he does for her, given his obsession with VRs.
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
BloodyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-09, 13:00   Link #28
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Glad they lumped all the info dump into a double length first episode. I would've died if they split this into 2 separate episodes lol.

Also, Asuna looks just lovely in her GGO outfit
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-09, 13:27   Link #29
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Not a bad ep overall. I really liked the sight of Silica going crazy with that machine gun.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-09, 15:08   Link #30
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

That was quite an intriguing premiere.

I've always had a bit of a love hate relationship with SAO. Loved the original SAO arc; Hated what came afterwards. Most of that is down to how much of a perfect warrior Kirito became. I did feel like the main story redeemed itself a little through the Mother Rosario arc but only to then reveal it's worst tendencies through the movie arc.

I guess I can't escape the fact that Kirito is the main character here, but am I wrong in hoping this arc won't go through the same motions previous arcs have done? I feel like the writing here was generally better in a lot of ways and that there is something more to it than the previous stuff but maybe I'm just seeing what I want to see.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-09, 15:52   Link #31
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by haak View Post
that was quite an intriguing premiere.

I've always had a bit of a love hate relationship with sao. Loved the original sao arc; hated what came afterwards. Most of that is down to how much of a perfect warrior kirito became. I did feel like the main story redeemed itself a little through the mother rosario arc but only to then reveal it's worst tendencies through the movie arc.

I guess i can't escape the fact that kirito is the main character here, but am i wrong in hoping this arc won't go through the same motions previous arcs have done? I feel like the writing here was generally better in a lot of ways and that there is something more to it than the previous stuff but maybe i'm just seeing what i want to see.
hahahahahahahaha!!!!!
Old 2018-10-10, 12:46   Link #32
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Okay I'm gonna go ahead and assume that means you know what happens so I want you to tell me what you think my face is gonna be by the end of this series: My signature or my avatar?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-10, 19:42   Link #33
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Okay I'm gonna go ahead and assume that means you know what happens so I want you to tell me what you think my face is gonna be by the end of this series: My signature or my avatar?
Your signature.
Old 2018-10-10, 20:09   Link #34
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Your signature.
Hahahahahahaha!!!

God it hurts.
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
BloodyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-11, 12:05   Link #35
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Not a bad ep overall. I really liked the sight of Silica going crazy with that machine gun.
I think Silicia goes crazy with anything she gets her hands on.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-11, 12:56   Link #36
rladls2121

I think we must be glad that this arc came out in anime adaption.
I gave up reading light novel after reading only the surface of this arc because it is too confusing for me, one of the reasons that is losing track of new chracters of who is who.
It does not feel like a game anymore.
Now this anime will make lot of things more easier, though i kind of lost interest in this series.

Something is just too different about this series since this arc.
SAO series being something too different from SAO, ALO, and GGO.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-11, 14:13   Link #37
SeaDoor

If they would at least have few cameos by the Pink Bunny I would be more inclined to wade through this but I have soured on SAO.
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-12, 05:15   Link #38
Ulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoor View Post
If they would at least have few cameos by the Pink Bunny I would be more inclined to wade through this but I have soured on SAO.
I thought that she or Pito would appear in the GGO classification... I was pretty surprised that they didn't. It's a pretty easy cameo, you don't need to do anything "extra" and gives more cohesion to the SAO universe
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote