Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2019-06-28, 16:59   Link #341
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
Well, the good news is they all made it in. Too bad Mozu already noticed Kohaku's strength. I can't tell if he's just a casanova or if there's more to him.

Cool earring. And now Senku is talking about making a drone, ha. Well, they have radio tech down, but no idea about how to control a supposed drone.
I've no idea how they're going to power it. Unless by "drone", he means "kite" (which would also solve the control problem, come to think).
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-28, 21:29   Link #342
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

To stole that petrification tech, kite is not an option. Since Senku develop wireless earring, i think best chance is using drone. They need a quick heist to learn their tech.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-29, 03:03   Link #343
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

You need more than radio for a drone. You also need lightweight batteries and lightweight, powerful engines.

Another low-tech solution is for the drone to be a falcon, I guess.
Old 2019-07-05, 08:01   Link #344
Random14

So just like that they have a working motor for their drone. No idea how hard it'll be to get a flying machine from that (hot air balloon is one thing, something fast and accurate enough to catch the weapon is another).

I have no idea what Kohaku saw, Senku's built a lot of things since this story started. She and Amaryllis make a pretty good team though. Too bad that kind of distraction probably won't work on the elite warriors.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-05, 20:30   Link #345
Blankdom

Can anyone tell me how to make a remote with just plastic? I thought you needed circuits, along some transmitter and receiver, for it.
Blankdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-06, 01:05   Link #346
Ramero

Senku just make a simple version of it. He just need to utilize everything what he have right now.
Old 2019-07-06, 03:00   Link #347
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blankdom View Post
Can anyone tell me how to make a remote with just plastic? I thought you needed circuits, along some transmitter and receiver, for it.
If we're throwing away all concerns over weight and battery life, Senku already has a radio. All he needs is to use it to open and close a circuit instead of vibrating a membrane in a speaker.
Old 2019-07-12, 09:27   Link #348
Random14

Figures that Ginro had seen writing but never bothered to learn it. That's why he's a 1* character.

Good thing Gen is so good at reading people. And so the Soyuz capsule is still there, probably covered by roots and long forgotten (and/or still too tough for anyone to break in to). I guess its not a surprise that that tree would still be the center of their civilization. If they can start reviving people, that would really help Senku's team. Though no idea how they could sneak in that far. I doubt the "rat" messenger trick will work too many times, not with the strong warriors already there.
Old 2019-07-12, 11:54   Link #349
Wandering Soul

I see they're finally addressing the whole literacy issue. I imagine with all the work they have to do, very few members 9f the Kingdom of Science know how to write effectively.
Old 2019-07-13, 11:58   Link #350
francescoG1

Senku wants platium.... so he's going to use ostwald process to make nitric acid. This process requires ammonia. Today ammonia is make by Haber process (methane as hydrogen source) but is possibile get it from urea (contained in urine)....

This process aren't simple to use in "artigianal scale" but there are other simplest way..

1) from urine and manure containing urine is possibile with traditional method (before modern chemical industry or early 20th century) to make salpeter and so nitric acid if you have sulfuric acid. If senku had used this method soon at this point in the manga he would have ton of salpeter....

2)Birkeland–Eyde process, this process requires same AC equipment because use high voltage (thousand volts). Istead of ostwald-haber this method is suitable for hobbyist. With an efficient system is possible to get about 50g nitric acid from 1kWh.....

The lack of firearms development is utterly no sense. Although initial proclaim about "weapons of science" is clearly Riichirō Inagaki doesn't want firearms (he in fact shifted the focus to communications). The reason is obvious to continue to keep the focus on melee fights with super power. To continue with the policy of not killing or even injuring more or less seriously even in battle between life and death.

After all this is a shonen jump manga.......

Last edited by francescoG1; 2019-07-13 at 12:43.
francescoG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-19, 02:54   Link #351
Random14

That was fast in getting at the platinum. I'm a bit worried Kohaku's sneaking about hasn't gone unnoticed. The regular guards are easy to distract but we know there's at least two really strong fighters there too. Maybe when Kokahu sends the precious metals back something will happen.

On the other hand, it would be nice to get back more of the extended cast. I wonder where they ended up (not to mention the Perseus ship as well). Too bad there's not more time for Senku to see what his father left him, but at least the space capsule has been left undisturbed all these centuries.
Old 2019-07-19, 09:48   Link #352
LeftSeven
2D artist

konghaku's infiltration is too easy to me, where do those strongmen go anyways? this so fishy, shouldn't they guard the sacred place day and night, or is it just a trap?
Old 2019-07-19, 19:04   Link #353
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK-95- View Post
I'm surprised that the pod lasted that long. Considering that practically all of the remnants of modern civilization have completely disappeared, it strikes me as odd that a metallic pod would last that long.

There are no buildings or even rubble of said buildings left. Yet that pod seems to be completely intact and is quite well-preserved at that... Also, considering how close that pod is to the ocean, shouldn't humidity and salt in the water/air corrode the metal much faster than if it were more inland? For a manga that places so much emphasis on science, that's a bit of an oversight on the author's part. Then again, why am I bothering to apply logic/chemistry to a manga to begin with?
Quote:
^Yea, but we're talking about 3700 years of it being exposed to weather, humidity and moderate-high concentrations of salt due to it being close to a beach. Even the most most durable of metals/alloys should corrode and decompose after that much time since salt, oxygen and moisture would be most metals' worst nightmare.

That's an inconsistency no matter how you try to reason it. The proof is already in the panels since nothing from modern civilization has survived after 3700 years. There are no remnants of buildings, machinery, etc... Not even glass, which according to scientists, should take a million years to decompose.

Which I find hilarious because that contradicts real world logic as well, given that we have ancient ruins, pottery, pyramids and primitive devices that date back anywhere from 3000 to 20000+ years ago. Btw, those pyramids are constructed mostly from limestone or granite, which should be inferior materials to some metals and concrete, yet no modern buildings have survived...

I was just stating that I find it ironic that a manga that places so much emphasis on science and scientific accuracy would make an oversight like that. Sparking a debate about whether there's a plausible explanation for why the pod survived, was not my intention. By all accounts, simple chemistry proves it shouldn't still exist even if high quality materials were used in its construction.
Quote:
Also, what happened to the people who were inside and directly below said buildings at the time of petrification? I'd imagine that when these buildings collapsed, they'd "kill" a lot of these people that were in or around them.

Aite, a quick google search yielded the materials usually used in space capsule construction. Of the materials listed, the only one I couldn't find an expected decomposition period for was the carbon fiber resin and the only material that would definitely last 3000+ years without decomposing would be the ceramic plates used during construction. On the note of reinforced plastic, I agree that it'd last longer than regular plastic under ideal conditions. However, keep in mind that these conditions aren't ideal in the least.

When we take into consideration the conditions that this capsule was placed in, the materials shouldn't have lasted as long as they did. I already highlighted why most metals won't last that long and I'd like to highlight that plastic becomes brittle with age. Constant exposure to sunlight and humidity would've made the plastic brittle a long time ago. It may not decompose completely, but it would've definitely started breaking off from the capsule. Even if it lasts longer than regular plastic, when we factor in these conditions, lasting 4K years is unrealistic. (Also, there's a tree growing through the capsule. The roots should've more than shattered the already-brittle plastic by now)

Look, I'm not doubting that the capsule couldn't last 4K years. If it were more inland (closer to a city) or in a forest, then I could've believed that it'd last as long as it did, but because of where it's currently located, I have a bit of a hard time suspending my disbelief because Ik that these conditions would decompose most materials in a few hundred years... 4K years should be overkill.
Looks like I got the answer I was expecting. The pod didn't last, but Byakuya and Co. had the foresight to know that it wouldn't last and encased everything in concrete before abandoning the pod to face the elements.

Just goes to show that sometimes, simple is best. A primitive concrete safe >> any metal safe when we factor in 3000 years worth of corrosion.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-26, 06:12   Link #354
Random14

Funny, when they mentioned platinum I thought it was some tiny fragment from the space capsule or something, rather than collected manually (though I have next to no idea how much rare metals are in modern technology). It got a bit melodramatic for me, since we know Byakuya had his descendants with him yet he still died alone in the river (but its easy to see why he ranked among the top 10 in the popularity poll). And another small hint about whoever Senku's biological father is.

Well, glad they can finally get on with reviving their comrades. Though the vizier guy is probably getting suspicious that the stone thing just happened to collapse after a giant unknown ship arrived. Glad Kohaku paid attention to the science.
Old 2019-07-26, 13:28   Link #355
Wandering Soul

I feel like this comment sums up my thoughts well

Quote:
Me, upon seeing the character poll results: huh, kinda funny that Byakuya scored so high, despite only being a flashback character who appeared in one mini-arc.

Me, upon finishing the chapter: Byakuya didn't rank nearly high enough. ;
Old 2019-07-26, 20:38   Link #356
Ramero

From what i see, Byakuya may got risen after that kind of revelation. When the poll was made? Before anime release or? Still, i do hope Ruri got top 10 spot but that's too bad.
Old 2019-07-30, 23:22   Link #357
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Is it ever explained how after 3,700 years, a village founded by Senku's father didn't repopulate the entire planet? With an abundance of resources and no technology to keep them occupied, people will reproduce like bunnies. In the best case scenario, we would be looking at a billion plus. Even if you throw in diseases, we are easily looking at tens of millions.

The little village on top of a rock is cute and all, but highly unrealistic. They better be practicing some strict abstinence and self-control, which even then is unlikely to last for nearly 40 centuries.

You mean to tell me nobody thought: "Hey, lets get off this rock and go ****," when the entire place is populated by horny teenage hafus.

Last edited by Haruyasha; 2019-07-30 at 23:34.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-30, 23:38   Link #358
Ramero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruyasha View Post
Is it ever explained how after 3,700 years, a village founded by Senku's father didn't repopulate the entire planet? With an abundance of resources and no technology to keep them occupied, people will reproduce like bunnies. In the best case scenario, we would be looking at a billion plus. Even if you throw in diseases, we are easily looking at tens of millions.

The little village on top of a rock is cute and all, but highly unrealistic. They better be practicing some strict abstinence and self-control, which even then is unlikely to last for nearly 40 centuries.

You mean to tell me nobody thought: "Hey, lets get off this rock and go ****," when the entire place is populated by horny teenage hafus.
Have you ever think of every single possibility such as natural disaster, knowledge degradation, until epidemic? For me, it makes sense since Ishigami Village lost almost half of its population years before Senku's awakening. The cause of the problem is food shortage and diseases.
Old 2019-07-31, 00:23   Link #359
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I think it should still have splintered into lots of villages (or nomadic tribes) over the course of 3700 years. But it does make sense that they wouldn't have populated the entire planet. Sea voyages are hard.
Old 2019-07-31, 02:38   Link #360
Random14

Its possibly a minor miracle that the astronauts' descendants survived at all. Civilizations have been wiped out by natural disasters (famines, fires, storms, earthquakes, diseases, etc.) and for centuries human civilization was restricted to just that one island without much natural resources. The recent chapter referenced the idea that all the easily accessible resources are already mined out too.

Its too bad Byakuya didn't pass down more knowledge, but then Byakuya didn't have Senku's genius or Chrome's stockpile or Kaseki's skills. A lot was passed down in the 100 tales but a lot of it was probably basic survival skills too.

3700 years sounds like a long time for post-stone age civilization to get started again but starting from a really small population in isolation (six people on an island) its not too farfetched. Well, probably not more farfetched then the general premise of this series.