AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-05-03, 05:11   Link #61
EroKing

NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2024-05-05, 20:55   Link #62
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well its festival time again and get to see those girls in yukatas but Kumiko finely going to Reina place

Kumiko got to thinking about her future and what she whats to do
Old 2024-05-06, 00:43   Link #63
HandofFate

I know they want to club to be full 'meritocracy' But Kumiko is pushing the new 3rd year girl a bit annoying. She even gives many outs that she doesn't mind making way for the longer standing members, and I get her, she just joined seemingly sudden and isn't as invested in the National goal as the rest.

I'm on the side of "do it for the experience" Sure, try as hard for nationals, but 90% of these 3rd year band members, this is going to be the last they're ever gonna do a marching band thing. Half might not attend college and just jump into the work force, and more than half of those won't be signing up for the much more competitive college marching band clubs. So having Kumiko who's been aiming hard for it for 3 years, and then lose out on the audition to this fresh 3rd year member who doesn't even want to take her spot is silly.

I guess its a reflection of Kumiko's view on music and if its that important to her and stuff. But that's my view on what's happening.
Old 2024-05-06, 01:04   Link #64
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
having Kumiko who's been aiming hard for it for 3 years, and then lose out on the audition to this fresh 3rd year member who doesn't even want to take her spot is silly.
What's she supposed to say, after she was Reina's main backer two years earlier, taking a solo away from the president who had been aiming hard for it for three years? I'm surprised that was never brought up.

Gee, after that episode, I showed up here eagerly anticipating another round of "Are Kumiko and Reina yuribait?" Imagine my disappointment.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-12, 11:46   Link #65
scififan

Yet, another member confronts Kumiko that Kumiko and Shuuichi are secretly going out.

Images
Kumiko says "You too!"

This episode also shows the tension between two girls who have tendency to speak out their minds. Mayu Kuroe knows she is a better player than other students. When she says she is worry that others cannot make it, she indirectly says others are not good enough. Is her attitude the reason she got transferred to Kumiko's school? Kanade Hisaishi is known for questioning other people. She immediately points out that Mayu has the attitude problem. Kumiko is relieved after Kanade calms down.
Images
Kumiko plays the role of a counselor again. The student is unhappy with the teacher's decision.

Kumiko is playing the "nice guy" and Reina is playing the "bad guy". Their goal is the national.

Last edited by scififan; 2024-05-12 at 21:45.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-12, 20:51   Link #66
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well its finely time for the competition and the usual people have been chosen
Old 2024-05-13, 22:50   Link #67
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
An absolutely fantastic episode once again.

The drama and tension built up nicely. Overall the auditions went smoothly. Mayu continued her uncertain stance, but continues to go along with it for now. Honestly it's really just a matter of time until we actually get into what the heck happened to her that's made her that uncomfortable. But we're not getting there now.

The good thing about the tension is it bringing the best out of some people. Kumiko rose to the occasion and I'm sure she gave a far better performance knowing she was up against someone of Mayu's level than if she was only dealing with Kanade and a first year.

Of course the odds are good now that Kumiko will lose that spot after the second audition since she can then triumphantly find herself and retake it through the final audition. But that's something to tackle later.

Good for Hazuki too. She worked her butt off for years and fell short so many times. But she didn't let the disappointment break her. She just kept working and finally earned her spot. Good on her .

And I kind of like the way Taki approached the tubas. While taking someone with less overall skill has it's pros/cons there is value to it. The pure power of her tuba can add quite a bit even at the cost of having her stay quiet during parts that she's not able to ideally handle yet. Plus there's plenty of chances for Satsuki to make her comeback .
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
I know they want to club to be full 'meritocracy' But Kumiko is pushing the new 3rd year girl a bit annoying. She even gives many outs that she doesn't mind making way for the longer standing members, and I get her, she just joined seemingly sudden and isn't as invested in the National goal as the rest.

I'm on the side of "do it for the experience" Sure, try as hard for nationals, but 90% of these 3rd year band members, this is going to be the last they're ever gonna do a marching band thing. Half might not attend college and just jump into the work force, and more than half of those won't be signing up for the much more competitive college marching band clubs. So having Kumiko who's been aiming hard for it for 3 years, and then lose out on the audition to this fresh 3rd year member who doesn't even want to take her spot is silly.

I guess its a reflection of Kumiko's view on music and if its that important to her and stuff. But that's my view on what's happening.
The point is to win. It's because this is the third year that Kumiko can't afford to bend and let Mayu take the easy way out. The experience means jack if they lose. The first episodes of this season made it clear. It's win or bust. Let Mayu back off and they happen to lose, Kumiko can spend the rest of her life regretting it.

And she certainly can't back off after what happened in the first year. Support Reina taking the spot that she deserved but be weak and let Mayu back off because she might lose the soli part?

In the end it's not like Kumiko won't be there if Mayu competes. The worst case scenario is losing the soli part with Reina. That would suck, but it's overall a lesser evil than dropping the quality of their group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Well its finely time for the competition and the usual people have been chosen
I'd say some waves were made because it wasn't just the usual people. Hazuki making it after the way the first two years went is a huge moment for her. Kept up with the work and finally earned her place there. While Suzume making it over Satsuki isn't insane it was a surprising turn for the individuals involved.
Old 2024-05-14, 23:53   Link #68
arkhangelsk

Quote:
And I kind of like the way Taki approached the tubas. While taking someone with less overall skill has it's pros/cons there is value to it. The pure power of her tuba can add quite a bit even at the cost of having her stay quiet during parts that she's not able to ideally handle yet. Plus there's plenty of chances for Satsuki to make her comeback .
I'd see how it rolls but right now I'm not sure if I like it so much or find his reasons that convincing. I get his idea as a conductor, but as a band director or a school teacher, it kind of sucks.

His reason in essence is that Suzume played louder in the audition. My question is whether he mentioned it to anyone, so they had a fair chance to emphasize the right things in the audition. Suzume is still too new to think of much more than making all the right notes sound. Satsuki probably can consciously trade off b/w precision and power, and in an audition I would think most players would emphasize the former without a good reason otherwise. Even after the audition, Taki doesn't volunteer what he's looking for until he's asked - is Kumiko supposed to pass this information out or keep it to herself?

Of course, the other possibility is that Satsuki just didn't have the raw breath capacity to compete despite spending a year on increasing it. If she's so far behind Taki is willing to throw away one-third of his Tuba tone production at the higher registers, her future in Tubas seem bleak indeed.

Oh, and I really don't like Mayu's passive-aggressive thing. It's arrogant, and constantly mouthing it is frankly disgusting. It may be against the themes of the story, but here's my view: If you believe that you are good enough you are in control, and you want to throw the match, just throw it. Privately. If you don't, just blow your best. If you are ambivalent, just go with whatever you ended up doing at the audition. Don't go wallowing around like a drunk cow in a public space going "I can. Should I? Should I not?"

Spoiler for "An Extraneous Detail':

Last edited by arkhangelsk; 2024-05-15 at 00:53.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-15, 02:05   Link #69
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post

Oh, and I really don't like Mayu's passive-aggressive thing. It's arrogant, and constantly mouthing it is frankly disgusting. It may be against the themes of the story, but here's my view: If you believe that you are good enough you are in control, and you want to throw the match, just throw it. Privately. If you don't, just blow your best. If you are ambivalent, just go with whatever you ended up doing at the audition. Don't go wallowing around like a drunk cow in a public space going "I can. Should I? Should I not?"
I agree that the teacher is mean. He is probably proud about his stubborn, because it delivers the result. The story is partially from the author's experience. In one of her interviews, she said her teacher helped the group improved. The teacher's attitude is already the sign of trouble since season one. Students were discontent. The club president from the season one was a weak character, but she had a lot of friends supporting her. Kumiko doesn't have that luxury, and she has to face the conflict soon or later.

Mayu's words mean no harm. She just doesn't know how to express her concern properly. She is described as a humble person, and she doesn't mean to offend anyone.

On the other hand, Reina's attitude was rude, but she didn't know how to resolve the conflicts. When confronting the similar situation, Kumiko only knew to make apology.
Images

I think the role of Mayu is to bring out the inferiority complex of Kumiko. During the movie production, the author was asked to create a secret boss(of video game) for the school. She came up Mayu as Kumiko's mirror reflection. Kumiko wanted to play her older sister's instrument, but she never get the chance to play it. She played the same instrument for years. When she is proud that she is the best player of her school, Mayu joins the club. It turns out Mayu plays the same instrument. It might be Kumiko's weakness. Her attitude makes her trustworthy by her fellow students. She only opens her heart to few friends, because they play different instruments.

Spoiler for friendship and competition:

Spoiler for friendship and dreams:

Last edited by scififan; Today at 00:13.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-15, 06:20   Link #70
deadite

Mayu is nice. People overanalyzing as if she was some malicious person are wrong. In fact Kumiko hasn't dropped her "everyone wants you to play" attitude she pulled on Asuka and Kanade. She lied to Mayu too about Kitauji desiring the better player at all times. Mayu wants to avoid a situation like is Season 1 where the Band will have to choose between her and Kumiko but Kumiko just brushes it off.
Even Kanade tried to mediate by relating her stunt in Chikai no Finale. Asuka wants Hibike! Euphonium to be shared but Kumiko hides it the moment someone is interested.
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-15, 08:28   Link #71
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It's clear Mayu is trying to be friends, but she is very awkward about it. And keeps unintentionally touching Kumiko's sore spots. I also agree with arkhangelsk. No matter how well intentioned, her repeated proposals to throw the audition are horrible.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote