AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-07-28, 22:33   Link #1
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Anime p2p programs other than BT or IRC

Other than those two, what are other great programs to use to get anime (especially the obscure or hard-to-find stuff)?
Old 2004-07-28, 22:40   Link #2
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

DC++ is a decent program...if you find the right hub and a good user...

you'll just end up in queue and probably upload more then you'll ever d/l but it's another alternative..especially for older things which are real hard to find/get on bt
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 00:58   Link #3
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

I like eMule, even though it has a tendency to give me more french and german subs rather than english subs.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 02:25   Link #4
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
I like eMule, even though it has a tendency to give me more french and german subs rather than english subs.
Well, at least you're not getting Korean fansubs -.-
A little thing to remember : files that are made the same are most likely from the same fansub
Old 2004-07-29, 07:26   Link #5
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
I've also used Kazaa Lite Resurrection but the user numbers have dropped to about ~90k now, so I don't know if you'll find what you need.

Also make sure that you are connected to an appropriate server in eMule since the chance to find anime on a server called - let's say German Videos - is pretty slim. (Only exception being the bigger servers I guess). Search in google for the IP of the AnimeReactor server because I can't give it to you since I don't use eMule anymore (I don't even know if the AnimeReactor server exists anymore but if you find an Anime server where you have to add a tag to your name, then it's likely you found the AR one.)
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 07:30   Link #6
Shay
Monarch Programmer

soulseek Is pretty good, even has an anime chatroom on there.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 08:07   Link #7
BME
Belldandy Fanboy

Location: Stockholm, Sweden, Where Polar bears roam the streets
DC++, fear teh power of teh 10Mb only animehub!
BME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 08:19   Link #8
outlaw55
Banned

if you get winmx, there is a good anime p2p server (altho I haven't used it in FOREVER...so I don't know about users on it now...) Anime Fantasia at www.animefantasia.com
outlaw55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 08:33   Link #9
gravitation
Don't use animesuki now..

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_
I've also used Kazaa Lite Resurrection but the user numbers have dropped to about ~90k now, so I don't know if you'll find what you need.

Also make sure that you are connected to an appropriate server in eMule since the chance to find anime on a server called - let's say German Videos - is pretty slim. (Only exception being the bigger servers I guess). Search in google for the IP of the AnimeReactor server because I can't give it to you since I don't use eMule anymore (I don't even know if the AnimeReactor server exists anymore but if you find an Anime server where you have to add a tag to your name, then it's likely you found the AR one.)
I am using the original Kazaa lite, not the Resurrection version, and it says there are this many users:

I don't mind Kazaa Lite, It is pretty goood.
gravitation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 11:19   Link #10
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitation
I am using the original Kazaa lite, not the Resurrection version, and it says there are this many users:

I don't mind Kazaa Lite, It is pretty goood.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that development on Kazaa Lite ceased since Sharman Networks pressured the developers to drop it. If not, where is the point in resurrecting something that lives?
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 12:11   Link #11
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:

For information on the AnimeReactor see here.
Quote:
IP: 66.194.40.98
Port: 700
Tag: [ARC]

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 12:58   Link #12
gravitation
Don't use animesuki now..

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that development on Kazaa Lite ceased since Sharman Networks pressured the developers to drop it. If not, where is the point in resurrecting something that lives?
Development on Kazaa Lite did cease but lots of people still use it and quite a few people have the program install still too (including me =P) . I was thinking of using the one you pointed out but It appears that Kazaa Lite has more users still
But if it turns out to have more users than kazaa lite just inform me and I will install Kazaa lite ressurection instead! ^___^
gravitation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 14:43   Link #13
MikoKikyo

I use Kazaa Lite too, and that's where I go for anime stuffs that's hard to find. I usually find things there, and besides it's supposed to have no spyware. The only downside is that Kazaa Lite is, like Kazaa, targeted by the RIAA but I'm sure that's the case with all P2P programs that have a lot of users...and besides if you're only downloading anime stuff I don't think you have anything to worry about in terms of that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wazzup
well prob with kazaa lite there are a lot of fake/bad files being shared.... so thas the reason why kazaa resurection ( whatever ) was created i think
oh I forgot about that. It's really annoying, although it doesn't happen a lot with anime, it's mostly music. Seems like the more popular a song is, the more fake files it has on kazaa lite. Can anybody say if this resurection version really solves this problem? _Sin_?

Last edited by MikoKikyo; 2004-07-29 at 15:42.
MikoKikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 15:02   Link #14
wazzup

well prob with kazaa lite there are a lot of fake/bad files being shared.... so thas the reason why kazaa resurection ( whatever ) was created i think
wazzup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 17:37   Link #15
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

I recommend DC++, but it's hard to use if you don't have much to share because most hubs have a share requirement ranging from 5GB-100GB. It's a good program for getting anime videos and songs if you can find someone with a fast connection.
Old 2004-07-29, 17:47   Link #16
Entropy
Flame warrior

DC++ Definately.

If you have only a small amount of anime than you can substitute large game files,and than later remove those game files with the anime files you dled .
Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 18:48   Link #17
Imazul

I dont like DC++, you usually end up sharing a hell lot more than downloading

Sincerely, theres nothting better than irc to download anime because it has everything.
WinMX has a hell lot of really old stuff
Edonkey/Emule Can do the job for series not on BT anymore or not seeded but its probably the slowest, sometiimes it can take up to a month of downloading to get that rare piece.
Imazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 19:09   Link #18
Necrodeath

I tried to use DC++ a long time ago, but couldn't because of my router or stuffs.
E-Donkey went slow as hell, so I dropped that. Couldn't get E-Mule to work, Kazaa lite is also slow as hell...
Man was I pleased when I found out about Bittorrent
I've been trying to download trough irc, though I'm stupid and I can't succeed, even with guides
Necrodeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 19:47   Link #19
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy
DC++ Definately.

If you have only a small amount of anime than you can substitute large game files,and than later remove those game files with the anime files you dled .
Depends on the hub...sharing program files can and will get you kicked and banned from most hubs...unless you get lucky and find a decent one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imazul
I dont like DC++, you usually end up sharing a hell lot more than downloading
lol, i don't use dc++ unless i really ahve to...but even then i shared 5+ gigs...and d/led only 2 gigs worth...the only thing i hate about dc is that there's never enough users with open slots...but other then that i'm fine
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 23:57   Link #20
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobi_shay
soulseek Is pretty good, even has an anime chatroom on there.
Slsk is a good p2p program for finding good music... though, you can find a good amount of vids (like fansubs/rips) there these days... but, a lot of people cap their uploads there... so vids might take a long time to complete....

I haven't seen that anime channel on the channels list for quite some time though... I found that it was one of the few channels there where the racists and nazis don't come in to start shit...