AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

View Poll Results: Kami nomi/TWGOK II - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 33 39.76%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 26.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 21.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 9.64%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.20%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.20%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-04-11, 15:14   Link #21
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

New girl is adorable, Gotta love this series.
Old 2011-04-11, 15:15   Link #22
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
yees, its back!!!

to quote a youtube video that i saw: other crap filled the gap while I waited to begin...

solid first episode, and it included everything i loved in the first season. at least they didn't start with a 1 episode arc just like what they did with the first girl.

the OP was not as good as the first one, and the ED was likable enough for me.

and now excuse me as i will now have to endure the pain of waiting another week before the second episode airs
Think the 1 episode arc in the first season was to introduce all the main concepts (from learning where the loose soul is to removing that soul) - which makes perfect sense (especially for people who aren't familiar with the source material like myself).

Thoroughly enjoyed this first episode - along with Hanasaku Iroha, I must endure the torture of not being able to watch the next episode for another week.
Old 2011-04-11, 15:16   Link #23
Seihai
スマイリウム

TWGOK II has arrived and it doesn't disappoint. Both the OP and ED are a little weaker than the first ones but I find them likable still, plus I'm really into the new animation.

The pace is imho just fine as it is. It is not slow to say the least, actually very fast but they still delivered the material in a fair manner. I'm not looking forward to it but I assume the pacing this time around will be similar to the first season's pacing, which was... not so constant, though I personally didn't have anything against it either way.

The original bits with the DQ parody and so on was a nice touch-up. Kusunoki animated is quite the hottie, and the VAs are enjoyable as ever.

Well, what do you know, my main concern was of course... Elsie! How I missed her. Sadly(?) due to how it was animated, the fact that Elsie came after to hit Keima when she thought she'd help him really made her look even sillier than she actually is. In the manga it's really faster, you skip like a page and the Elsie reappearance becomes a short but simple cute event. Well, whatever, I still love her...

She went Metal Gear Solid once again which was a funny addition, the whackiness of the actual bin was also adorable. This world has too many cute things, indeed... that also includes Elsie's thoughtlessness over just popping up out of her Hagoromo when once again, the girl at subject doesn't get suspicious over her. I guess there's a demonic charm at play, or Elsie's intelligence affects her surroundings. Just kidding.

At any rate, I'm most happy to have this anime back in full blooming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyPotPie View Post
I got a lot more enjoyment out of the episodes that didn't focus on capturing (the endless loop bug episode and final episode). I ended up watching for Keima's gaming antics more than the girls (except Elsie).
Don't worry, if we'll get another season, you'll see there's much more than mere linear captures.
Old 2011-04-11, 15:30   Link #24
Jao
panchi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyPotPie View Post
Yeah, I know the girls are supposed to be a parody, and stock characters don't bother me at all if they're played right. I liked their designs and seiyuu, but something about the first season's girls just didn't click with me, especially the idol singer. I think I had the same reaction to the first season that I had to Amigami SS.
I guess that's personal preference, but you're right about Kanon. She was totally meh for me until I read the manga, which makes her and Ayumi a little more interesting in my opinion.
Hiding behind tinted glasses and doors.
Old 2011-04-11, 15:30   Link #25
kitten320

I can't believe that Kasuga tried to throw out the cat from such hight! T_T
Good thing her loving side stepped in, really liked how she looked in that locker with the cat in her hands, really cute.

And yay! I had read only one arc properly and looks like it will be included! I was worried that it was too far in manga.
Old 2011-04-11, 15:33   Link #26
Seihai
スマイリウム

@tsunade
Good grief, you're fired up! Hope to see you like that more often. Also I feel really bad for it but... until you mentioned the PV I totally forgot who you meant that was not included in the OP. lol
Old 2011-04-11, 15:39   Link #27
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

Wow I gotta say...Kusunoki is really hot and alot cuter than I remembered in the manga...

A very good first episode! KEIMA IS BACK!!!!
Old 2011-04-11, 15:42   Link #28
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

I would like to remind everybody that this is not an image thread. Do not make heavy image-blog-like-posts trying to describe the entire episode.

Focus on dicussing the episode and leave the images to the corresponding thread.
Old 2011-04-11, 15:58   Link #29
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Liked the re-cap part at the beginning. At first I thought it was parodying The Legend of Zelda but it turns out it was an RPG instead. Final Fantasy I'm guessing.

I liked the OP for the first season, but this one isn't as good I feel. Though I do like the fact it's still sung in English.~

Ah Kusunoki, that punch was marvelous. You didn't even need to hit the guy and the force sent him flying.~

She's probably the one closest to becoming my favorite of the girls. Not quite there yet though.

The part with the cat pissing in her hand was just....ugh.

How does it keep finding her anyway?
Old 2011-04-11, 16:01   Link #30
Seihai
スマイリウム

Close but it was a Dragon Quest parody.

I think the OP this time is a bit too flashy.

Kusunoki clearly accelerated him...

Cats are tricky, I've learned that from Level E.
Old 2011-04-11, 16:30   Link #31
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Wow, Kusunoki is adorable.
It was a nice start. Not too quick like Ayumi's, and not too long like Kanon's. This pacing is ideal in my opinion, if not a bit too short.

I like the visuals in the OP, and it has some interesting harmonies [ha, I don't know what that means], but it'll take me a little while to get used to the style and the Engrish-only parts. I got used to the first one, so the second one should be fine. I also thought the bgm was fitting, but I love music like this.

Overall, strong first episode in my opinion. This season is so good.
Old 2011-04-11, 16:31   Link #32
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Kaminomi II-I - The Michael Jackson to Cats:
Old 2011-04-11, 16:37   Link #33
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Finally , great first episode with Kusunoki at start. I agree that she looks more beautiful in the anime :O
s usual , Elsee is so cute
Nice OP & ED. And last pic with Haqua is awesome !
Old 2011-04-11, 16:42   Link #34
paladinenvec

This was a pretty good start for a second season
Spoiler for Chapter 1 Season 2:

Last edited by paladinenvec; 2011-04-11 at 19:47.
Old 2011-04-11, 17:03   Link #35
LusterFlare
Lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Spoiler for Kaminomi II-I - The Michael Jackson to Cats:
This.

Good start to a new season.
Old 2011-04-11, 17:13   Link #36
Jaden

I'm happy this came sooner rather than later, its last season was my favourite.

So, the karate bishoujo is looking to be pretty easy. Keima didn't even proclaim to have seen the ending. But which side of her is going to be banished to hell? By the looks of things it'll be the dere side....followed by violent retribution.
Old 2011-04-11, 17:19   Link #37
D-Gold
Aurum

Yay I am glad to see this series again. I liked the op alot.
Old 2011-04-11, 18:03   Link #38
Taufiq91

I like this episode, and it has a cool Dragon Quest parody recap.

Oh, and the Karate girl is voiced by Ami Koshimizu. At first i thought it was Yoko Hikasa.

Seriously, am i the only one who can't differentiate between Yoko Hikasa and Ami Koshimizu's voices?
Old 2011-04-11, 18:35   Link #39
Shadow5YA

Great start. Subtle differences made Kusunoki more charming than she was in the manga. Since the animation is also of great quality, I'll be looking forward to Kusunoki vs Kusunoki next episode.
Old 2011-04-11, 18:41   Link #40
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Important Note to All Manga Readers:
Per the Spoiler Policy, future content from the manga may not be discussed in anime episode threads, even behind spoiler tags. This includes discussion, speculation, or hints about future heroines, future developments, expectations about future content, predictions of what will/won't be shown based on the show's pacing, etc. etc. If you wish to discuss these matters, please go to the Spoiler & Speculation Thread.

Please note that posting inappropriate spoilers (as defined by the aforementioned policy) can result in warnings, infractions, and bans, so please keep episode threads restricted only to matters shown in the anime. (Again, it doesn't matter if you use spoiler tags in this regard. Please take note.)