AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-16, 01:28   Link #13221
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Looks like this is the period of the day where nobody's around... Chap 4 has begun, and after a not-so-urgent explanation (aka Kamachi showing off his mad analogical skills) about what the Radiosonde Castle had been doing all this time, the three protagonists blindly leap into action!

...A magical transmitter, wouldn't Index be ideal to finding it in no time at all -_- ?

And Seriously, the magic side is pulling all the weight in this volume, what is Academy City doing?
Old 2011-08-16, 01:46   Link #13222
Syed_Seinaru_Migi

Chapter 4 part 1 is out
Old 2011-08-16, 01:58   Link #13223
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
what is Academy City doing
Nothing. Period.

There has been some talk about Aleister becoming so tense about the high risks of screwing things up more on each move that he decides to not do anything for the meantime.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-08-16, 02:04   Link #13224
julioalqae
the pragma

Send a message via Yahoo to julioalqae
this chapter really show off the different of level between that three. touma was really too glittering than the other 2 hero.....
Old 2011-08-16, 02:05   Link #13225
Syed_Seinaru_Migi

Since Hamazura the one who accidently interfere Aleister plan....Aleister now really cautions what he doing next ..poor him...i want to see what he PLAN is??
Old 2011-08-16, 02:14   Link #13226
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed_Seinaru_Migi View Post
Since Hamazura the one who accidently interfere Aleister plan....Aleister now really cautions what he doing next ..poor him...i want to see what he PLAN is??
It goes beyond just Hamazura- to this day Hamazura has only been a bother; I'm guessing it starts with Kamijou who went off the grid and started working outside of his control, Aiwass sending Accelerator and Fuse=Kazakiri to Russia, then there's Fiamma forcing him to take action, and in doing so signaling to Necessarius that he's still alive, and now this new enemy that is threaten his most valuable assets... Even if he had won WWIII it feels like he's the one that lost the most.
Old 2011-08-16, 04:56   Link #13227
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

It looks like the hole just grows bigger gradually. First is Shiage, then Aiwass, then Fiamma. Once a snow ball gets rolling, there is no stop to it.
Old 2011-08-16, 07:14   Link #13228
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Surely we're not the only LN on Baka-Tsuki.
yes...yes....how many million views now?

Aleister can't stop Aiwass. He should have known that from the start. Didn't Aiwass say his plan was starting to come apart at this rate?

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2011-08-16 at 08:15.
Old 2011-08-16, 07:48   Link #13229
ellifeedn
Thinker

Is it possible that Aleister uses psychohistory (or tries to)?
Old 2011-08-16, 08:12   Link #13230
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
It looks like the hole just grows bigger gradually. First is Shiage, then Aiwass, then Fiamma. Once a snow ball gets rolling, there is no stop to it.
Wasn't Tsuchimikado the one that first pointed out that the cracks on Aleister plans where due to untimely Magician entry and actions in the city, which forced improvisations to his plans? I think that it was at that point where we first heard of "cracks" on his scheme.

If anything Aiwass intervention of checking that interesting thing might have speed up the plan, Aiwass itself stated something like that in the epilogue when speaking to Kazakiri.

BTW, for those wondering, Baka Tsuki seems to be behaving nicely today, however it still in part 1 of chapter 4..... I guess translators do sleep or something? I better use the chance to catch up with BokuTomo and other things.
Old 2011-08-16, 08:27   Link #13231
Drifting Wolf

Hmm... maybe Aleister has decided to play a waiting game by allowing the cracks to widen. As they say - Where there is a crisis, lies an opportunity. By deliberately allowing the gaps to widen, Aleister maybe able to devise a plan to take advantage of it.

As a wise man once said "Sometimes, you give up a territory to take back a country"
Old 2011-08-16, 08:32   Link #13232
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Aleister can't stop Aiwass. He should have known that from the start. Didn't Aiwass say his plan was starting to come apart at this rate?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Wasn't Tsuchimikado the one that first pointed out that the cracks on Aleister plans where due to untimely Magician entry and actions in the city, which forced improvisations to his plans? I think that it was at that point where we first heard of "cracks" on his scheme.

If anything Aiwass intervention of checking that interesting thing might have speed up the plan, Aiwass itself stated something like that in the epilogue when speaking to Kazakiri.

It's kinda hard to judge since we don't know exactly what his plan is.

There's alot of minor things, my assumption of the major issues of this 'running out of control' has mostly to do with him losing control over his main piece- Kamijou Touma, if we are to believe that he is planning something similar to Fiamma's Star. As we can see from WWIII, Touma had actively move on his owns rather than allowing (unknowingly) Aleister to pick and choose his battles for him.

Another screw in his plans is allowing Fiamma to see that thing which is inside Kamijou, this in turn means Touma is now also aware that there is something else inside of him, further losing his grip over the boy.

Then in order to silence Fiamma, he inadvertently gave away his existence to Laura.

Plus he pretty much made himself an Enemy of everybody else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
BTW, for those wondering, Baka Tsuki seems to be behaving nicely today, however it still in part 1 of chapter 4..... I guess translators do sleep or something? I better use the chance to catch up with BokuTomo and other things.
My guess is that we hit the 'serious' part of the volume, the text would be more like those of the first New Testament volume, so we can expect updates to slow down...

...That is my opinon.
Old 2011-08-16, 11:11   Link #13233
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

Then in order to silence Fiamma, he inadvertently gave away his existence to Laura.
If you ask me, this wasn't inadvertent. Fiamma was really pretty weak at that point, a simple air strike could have finished him, there was no need for him to come out personally.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2011-08-16, 11:15   Link #13234
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
If you ask me, this wasn't inadvertent. Fiamma was really pretty weak at that point, a simple air strike could have finished him, there was no need for him to come out personally.
He had to make sure a man like Fiamma was dead. Shiage was a problem so imagine Fiamma.
Old 2011-08-16, 11:19   Link #13235
Miraluka
Banned

His plan was already crumbling, Aiwass was making fun of him and then Fiamma manages to get very close to the truth of the world despite using on a old format like Osiris Age. Even if Fiamma failed, someone else could pick up the info he got and do whatver Aleister did with Horus Age. His special forces from the dark side were killed by Hamazura and Academy City's military had been already damaged by Misha and the remains were busy fighting the golden arms, that left him no choice but going by himself.

Also, probably he wanted to meet someone else with the same plans in order of poiting out the other flaws just for fun, and then show how pissed he was for making it almost a sucess.
Old 2011-08-16, 11:20   Link #13236
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
He had to make sure a man like Fiamma was dead. Shiage was a problem so imagine Fiamma.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Heaven Canceller diagnose Aleister with OCD (Not intending to insult anyone here, sorry if you take it another way.)
Old 2011-08-16, 11:28   Link #13237
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
I wouldn't be surprised to see Heaven Canceller diagnose Aleister with OCD (Not intending to insult anyone here, sorry if you take it another way.)
LOL. Aleister is his pacient afterall. Well, Aiwass said Aleister is the kind of man that knocks the ground and only can lament himself so, maybe he is kinda obsessed with his goal and that his plans can crumble even more like Birday pointed out so he makes no moves until now.
Old 2011-08-16, 11:56   Link #13238
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Chapter 4, Part 2 is there.

...... About the enemy.... it's cube magician orgy thing???

Also considering that Aleister is supposedly being kept alive only by that "eternal slumber" that his body is subjected to while connected to those machines; I wouldn't think of far fetched about him having something really bad going on.
Old 2011-08-16, 12:06   Link #13239
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Vento is the person who I fear can continue Fiamma legacy... first she find a way to get magic back even after purify her original sin, she does seem like a christian follower to the core, she is the only magician which crack a bit of the holy right power, outside of Aliester.

Finally catch up to the post here... now Imagen a dinner of Alister, Aiwass, Birdway and Worst all in trolling mode.
Old 2011-08-16, 12:10   Link #13240
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post

Finally catch up to the post here... now Imagen a dinner of Alister, Aiwass, Birdway and Worst all in trolling mode.
Stop, you'll blow someones head off trying to think of such a thing
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen