AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-11-27, 13:00   Link #41
division3

Quote:
Originally Posted by [UKE]Auel
Meh, I'm not too cool on the fact that

Spoiler:

I guess I'll have to watch the episode to see how they pull it off.
3 yrs is a lot of time for new armor development. Maybe the armor is tough enough to make it through the atmosphere, but I guess landing is another story
division3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 13:19   Link #42
rainz
original vampire

Spoiler:

It seems wherever Stella goes, there's always cool fireworks
rainz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 13:22   Link #43
Ansa

Wow I really must have missed Athrun self distructing Justice at the end of Seed, prob. was to surpised that Flay died XD
Ansa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 14:28   Link #44
tetra

This was an AWESOME episode.
I LOVED the part with Lacus' song and the meteors falling.

Shinn once again kicking Cagalli's ass in arguments.
Luna is really good. Cagalli doesn't stand a chance against her. I bet Luna will get Asuran within a few episodes.
Asuran's shooting skills are crazy.
It maybe a "transition" episode but sometimes transition episodes are the best.

Last edited by tetra; 2004-11-27 at 16:18.
tetra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 15:20   Link #45
ccardoso
Banned

Anyway I think EA needs a lesson one time forever... they're always the one starting wars and caos...
ccardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 16:27   Link #46
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccardoso
Anyway I think EA needs a lesson one time forever... they're always the one starting wars and caos...
Wha? Where have you been? PLANT Terrorists blowing up a few cities in Earth is due to the EA? Huh?

I still don't understand why people keep blaming the EA for everything... Sure they are a bunch of evil bastards, but still...

Anyway, you should really watch the series again if you are getting so confused, ccardoso...
Old 2004-11-27, 16:32   Link #47
Wadjet
Join the Yggdra Union

Hmm... Lunamaria is really coming on to Athrun now, and Cagalli just noticed. I think she is also mad at Athrun cuz he doesn't seeem to realize that Luna wants him. Cagalli should have jumped in Athruns arms after he returned right in Luna's face after she nudged her out the way, I would have loved to see that. =p
Wadjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 16:42   Link #48
Kurono-
Gundam Pilot

Another great episode indeed. Can't wait for the next one.

For those who haven't seen it and want to see the fake Lacus, look below.

Kurono- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 16:59   Link #49
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurono-
For those who haven't seen it and want to see the fake Lacus, look below.
who knows, maybe this is the real Lacus (which knows nothing about fighting and is a popstar)
and the clone/double was always beside Kira ^^
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 17:08   Link #50
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Is it just me, or it seems Gilbert is actually under the command of (fake) Lacus in that scene? Gilbert is talking, and (fake) Lacus is playing with the chess, it looks he's actually reporting to her.

Hmm... so maybe the BOSS is actually the (fake) Lacus? I think it's possible, since Gilbert is supposed to follow the Clyne ideals, and Lacus is the real leader of the Clyne faction. And I never understand how could Lacus get exiled when the Clyne faction had a successful military coup and basically saves the world and takes control of PLANT.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 17:15   Link #51
Wolfslord

Send a message via ICQ to Wolfslord
I just don't get-
Athrun nearly dies in several ways and what are Athrun and Cagalli doing ?
They didn't show any feelings (kissing or whatever) like it would be proper/understandable.
Is it not common to kiss your girlfriend in public in japan ?
(question to our japanese members)
Or does GSD deliver a wrong impression to me.

I'm too tired to watch this episode right now completely (5 hours of Mortal Kombat Deception playing with some friends makes tired ) and here it is 23.18 o'clock.
Wolfslord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 17:33   Link #52
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm

Send a message via AIM to [UKE]Auel Send a message via MSN to [UKE]Auel
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Is it just me, or it seems Gilbert is actually under the command of (fake) Lacus in that scene? Gilbert is talking, and (fake) Lacus is playing with the chess, it looks he's actually reporting to her.

Hmm... so maybe the BOSS is actually the (fake) Lacus? I think it's possible, since Gilbert is supposed to follow the Clyne ideals, and Lacus is the real leader of the Clyne faction. And I never understand how could Lacus get exiled when the Clyne faction had a successful military coup and basically saves the world and takes control of PLANT.
Highly doubtful. He looks highly in charge judging by his face, as if everything were playing out in his favor.
[UKE]Auel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 18:22   Link #53
Colonel-

Send a message via AIM to Colonel-
Isn't it scary how early speculations are becoming real? =)

Lol, that shooting scene on Minerva was hilarious. This epsidoe is simply amazing, especially when Junius 7 finally makes impact. Lacus's song fits the scene perfectly.
Colonel- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 18:30   Link #54
Kageh
Union Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfslord
I just don't get-
Athrun nearly dies in several ways and what are Athrun and Cagalli doing ?
They didn't show any feelings (kissing or whatever) like it would be proper/understandable.
Is it not common to kiss your girlfriend in public in japan ?
(question to our japanese members)
Or does GSD deliver a wrong impression to me.

Yeah, I wonder about this too sometimes. I think it's to keep the fans watching so they can catch glimpses of affection that the characters have for one another. That last scene with Lacus and Kira would have been so much more powerful if they had held hands or embraced. Same when Cagalli went to go see Athrun in the hanger. I'm sure the writers are aware of the frustration it causes viewers. It's all a ploy to keep us watching..... those fuckers.

I guess it can be reasoned from this episode that the dancing Lacus in the opening is the fake one. While the Lacus from the ending and commercial break in the white dress is the real one. Makes me wonder about that scene in the opening with Athrun, fake Lacus, Luna, and Cagalli. Hmm... maybe Gill is going to setup some kind of arranged marriage between fake Lacus and Athrun? Damn... Athrun is in DEMAND. 3 way battle for his heart or some shit. Still I can't imagine him ending up with anyone else besides Cagalli... otherwise all the times they shared in the first series will have all been a waste.
Kageh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 19:46   Link #55
evilryu
Elite Member

Damn. Earth gets owned, it was a tense few seconds watching nearly every city get mashed armageddon/deep impact style. I really can't blame people of earth wanting revenge from Zaft on this one. Even though its a break away faction, coordinators did this.

Athrun@aimbot !

Last edited by evilryu; 2004-11-27 at 20:08.
evilryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 20:47   Link #56
Ansa

I do admit that while watching ep. 8 I found it really hard to bare watching all those citys being distoryed.
Ansa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 20:52   Link #57
DwArD
mAnIaC

Man, that Gilbert sure looks as if he's scheming something evil. I'm beginning to wonder if Gibert have something to do with Patrick Zala. Poor Earth, luckily Minerva break it up, or it'll have been gone by now. And why is Stellar so obsessed with the word die or death? Nothing to comment about Shinn. I can understand his feelings now, on other hand, Cagalli gotta try and understand more about Shinn. I'm getting pretty sick of Shinn scolding Cagalli. Hmm...heard Shinn mentioned something about Patrick Zala....can someone tell me what the heck he's talking about? So the fake Lacus is finally appearing.....this is a bad omen. All the new leaders of Orb seemed a bit....er....colourful. Wearing shades and blue hair and such. Something just tells me in the next ep, all the leaders are talking about joining EA, against much protest from Cagalli. Poor Cagalli. Its surprising how much Luna knew about Athrun. She even knew that Athrun is the pilot of Justice! How spooky. Is she a big fan of his? Did anyone take a look at Athrun's shooting skill? Who says he's only good at piloting MS and building Haros? Oh yah, they even mentioned something about Strike. Actually, I'm still waiting for someone to mention about ZGMF-X10A Freedom. Well, not that its er....being stolen, but rather about its pilot . Shinn was also talking to Cagalli about Coordinators. Well, he ought to know Cagalli have a coordinator brother. Lastly, someone pls tell me Shinn is not a programmer like Kira.
Old 2004-11-27, 21:06   Link #58
sui
gone fishing

Send a message via MSN to sui
For all the happy, smiling (patronizing) scenes Dullindal has had so far, the one with fake Lacus was kinda creepy. Jibril would be creepy and all sinister like except his cat makes him laughable, and I tend to overlook that he's wants to start another war.

Cagalli should have hugged Athrun or something besides look... what a way to ruin the shove-Lunamaria-out-of-the-way scene. I'm slightly dreading the rift forming between Athrun and Cagalli too, especially when Lunamaria's the one following him while Cagalli is still arguing with Shinn

And Shinn is still easily over looked as the main character, especially with Kira uttering his whole 3 words and Athrun wowing all of his friends. His future doesn't look too bright either, with a looming war and Athrun off to get his new gundam. Yeesh, the only thing that's holding him to main characterhood is Impulse.

Athrun's shooting was cool, but Lacus' song was the highlight of the episode. And randomly, I find it really amusing that Sting, Auel and Stellar have colour coordinated flight suits and that they match their gundams.
sui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 21:11   Link #59
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwArD
Nothing to comment about Shinn. I can understand his feelings now, on other hand, Cagalli gotta try and understand more about Shinn. I'm getting pretty sick of Shinn scolding Cagalli. Hmm...heard Shinn mentioned something about Patrick Zala....can someone tell me what the heck he's talking about?
Well, the whole argument revolves around Cagalli making light of the whole Junius 7 situation and congratulating Athrun for a job well-done, and Shinn getting pissed at her and telling her what the implications mean for Coordinators and what Naturals will think of them due to this incident and so on. Basically he thinks Cagalli is an idiot for thinking that this is all over. And just to make her look even dumber he tries to show her that she understands nothing of what Athrun's going through by mentioning the fact that people who believed in Athrun's father's ideals did this.

And needless to say, this time Athrun agreed with him.

Quote:
Its surprising how much Luna knew about Athrun. She even knew that Athrun is the pilot of Justice! How spooky. Is she a big fan of his? Did anyone take a look at Athrun's shooting skill? Who says he's only good at piloting MS and building Haros? Oh yah, they even mentioned something about Strike. Actually, I'm still waiting for someone to mention about ZGMF-X10A Freedom.
According to Luna, everyone knows this, not just her (she tells him that he's a "hero to everyone of us"). And she mentioned that Athrun defeated Strike, though since Freedom has nothing to do with Athrun she didn't mention it (but since they do indeed know about Freedom and Justice, perhaps Shinn knows the name of the suit that supposedly killed his family too?)

And yes, if you listen to the SEED Image CD drama tracks, you'll find out that Athrun is quite the prodigy, even amongst the best of Coordinators, and he excels in quite a bit of stuff.
Old 2004-11-27, 21:22   Link #60
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm

Send a message via AIM to [UKE]Auel Send a message via MSN to [UKE]Auel
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
And yes, if you listen to the SEED Image CD drama tracks, you'll find out that Athrun is quite the prodigy, even amongst the best of Coordinators, and he excels in quite a bit of stuff.
Like his whole knife fight with Miguel.
[UKE]Auel is offline   Reply With Quote