AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-10, 12:26   Link #1501
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Maybe I'll try the new German TD line. Haven't played through any turret-less tank (closest one would be the M3 Lee, but that is another story). Wonder what is the different between the 2 lines.
Marder 3 line are open topped little to no armor, Hetzer line enclosed reasonable to decent armor.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 12:27   Link #1502
Gravitas Free Zone

I kinda liked the idea more when it was era-limited, the Cold War stuff already feels a little weird.

But more content sells more gold.

If we end up with M1A2 Abrams, T-90s, Type 10s, Leo IIs, etc. somewhere down the line, I'd hope that they're like Tier XII now and only fight themselves. Desert Storm pretty much proved that modern armor would laugh at anything older than 1980.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 12:28   Link #1503
Sumeragi
Banned

"Decent" defeat on the Königstiger:

Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 12:40   Link #1504
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
I kinda liked the idea more when it was era-limited, the Cold War stuff already feels a little weird.

But more content sells more gold.

If we end up with M1A2 Abrams, T-90s, Type 10s, Leo IIs, etc. somewhere down the line, I'd hope that they're like Tier XII now and only fight themselves. Desert Storm pretty much proved that modern armor would laugh at anything older than 1980.
Well, World Of Tanks never billed itself as a "WW2 Tank game" in the first place. Just that the goalpost for the dates of tank completion have been moved quite a bit since launch.

There are a couple of criteria that the devs supposedly adhere to though, and they haven't broken these yet:

1. No smoothbore guns.
2. No advanced fire-control systems.

So the MBT's you mentioned are right out the window. Besides, the armor specifications for many modern MBT's are still kept top-secret, and WG has been insistent on not wanting to model composite armors in the game.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 12:45   Link #1505
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Kinda wonder what will they do when they get all the available tanks without breaking those rules. No more content isn't good for any MMO.
Old 2013-01-10, 12:47   Link #1506
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Kinda wonder what will they do when they get all the available tanks without breaking those rules. No more content isn't good for any MMO.
If you read the newsletter there's tons and tons of ideas of things that they have thought about implemented. The most ambitious one that is likely nowhere but the planning stages? PvE.
Old 2013-01-10, 12:50   Link #1507
Sumeragi
Banned

WG said they had enough content for about 4 years. Given the "slow" expansions of the trees, I believe them.
Old 2013-01-10, 13:03   Link #1508
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Can't win them all, I suppose.

Spoiler for Spoilered for size:

In this particular match, I plowed through the west side of Wide park, however by the time I got to the red flag, there were 3 tanks on our flags, and I was the only one left of our team. Oh well.
Old 2013-01-10, 13:04   Link #1509
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

They can always make new maps. I've only been playing for a little more than a month and I'm tired of the ones already present in the game.

Endless "Diversity" Soul
Old 2013-01-10, 13:06   Link #1510
Gravitas Free Zone

I do miss The Care and Usage of Your Laser Rangefinder Steel Beasts sometimes, though.

Deadeye Perk on the PzIV: I knew, with a 3% crit increase, that it was not going to create a crit machine gun. Still weighing its effectiveness versus getting a good position and shooting into weak points; I hit a JagPzIV four times from the side for no crits, an SU-85 three times from the side for one crit, and the notoriously-squishy M6 three times from the side for two crits.

So I might just hose the money and swap the perk for Designated Target on the gunners that are working toward it now, though I'm tempted to give it to the T-34's gunner because of the 57mm Automatic Hole Puncher.

The progress of WoT has me making comparisons to Mechwarrior Online, the beta of which has annoyed me enough that I've been taking a break from it for a while. Though I put in for premium on that...
Old 2013-01-10, 13:29   Link #1511
Sumeragi
Banned

Bouncy T-25:

Old 2013-01-10, 13:33   Link #1512
willx
Nyaaan~~

Man, my internet was down yesterday (alongside my 2-day power outage makes me feel like I'm living in a 3rd world country, 1st world problems) .. wondering whether to throw down for the Comet or get a rammer for my KT ..
Old 2013-01-10, 13:36   Link #1513
Sumeragi
Banned

I'm waiting for the 50% sale on equipment.
Old 2013-01-10, 13:40   Link #1514
Gravitas Free Zone

Because I'm rash, impulsive, and caffeinated: Was defending the SW route on Mountain Pass in my StuG. A BDR G1B got the attention of various enemies, including a KV-1, while I hid in the shrubs to the side. I wanted the BDR to draw the KV-1 past me so I could shoot it broadside, but it turned out that neither tank wanted to move.

So I drove up to the KV-1 myself, in the 75mm L/70 StuG. This is, of course, a highly-questionable plan of action. Killed the KV-1 with nine hits, took four hits, only one of which took off HP. Fortunately.

Also killed a Wolverine (in one shot to the front, I think the BDR softened it up a bit) that tried to kill me while I was working on the KV. I should have died during this, but since neither the KV nor the BDR was going to move until either one of them was dead, I made my own opportunities.

Then again, some of you know that platooning with me is often hilariously dangerous.
Old 2013-01-10, 13:42   Link #1515
Sumeragi
Banned

Then again, I'm the most aggressive StuG user around, either as a StuH 42 or a L/70 StuG III.
Old 2013-01-10, 13:59   Link #1516
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Then again, some of you know that platooning with me is often hilariously dangerous.
Life is nothing without a little danger

Besides, you and Endless Soul did pretty well last night. We had no short of winning streaks.

And of course, so far you two are the only ones to accommodate on my often dangerous gambles

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 14:02   Link #1517
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
And of course, so far you two are the only ones to accommodate on my often dangerous gambles
It's terrifying when I'm the voice of reason.

I like this guy's strategy. Though that's me mocking them in text chat.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-01-10, 14:02   Link #1518
Sumeragi
Banned

First battle with the Henschel-Turm for the Königstiger:

Pretty much bounced most of the shots at me, while holding down the enemy to allow my allies to cap for the win.
Old 2013-01-10, 14:04   Link #1519
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post

- Tak
"Up and over boys! Follow me!"

Old 2013-01-10, 14:05   Link #1520
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Pretty much bounced most of the shots at me, while holding down the enemy to allow my allies to cap for the win.
Exactly, positioned well, you can delay the advance of entire tank companies while seriously wounding, or even destroying a great many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
"Up and over boys! Follow me!"
Yesterday, on the coastal map, myself, Endless #1 & Endless #2 captured the enemy base while being the sole 3 survivors of the entire fight... We were the only ones to take the beach route, rushed south, decimated enemy resistance and pretty much secured a capture despite our teammates dissing our plan. Yeah, we sure showed them...

Oh the hilarity that was last night.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks