AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-04-02, 04:17   Link #1
uLTraCarL-
Planet uLTraCarL Inc
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to uLTraCarL- Send a message via AIM to uLTraCarL-
Command & Conquer 3

I'm surprised no one made a thread for this awesome game

does anyone have it?

The Chronicles of uLTraCarL .. Youtube connection
[Ht] Hostile Takeover #hostile @ irc.gamesurge.net .. Anime-Kraze #anime-kraze @ irc.rizon.net
uLTraCarL- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-02, 05:24   Link #2
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

The 3 factions remind me immensely of the ones in Surpreme commander

In terms of gameplay it is the same as the good, old C&C: Red Alert/Tiberium sun, so it is extremely easy to "get used to".

I am sad the GDI have their firestorm defense removed - i was looking towards to that one in action, and it was one of my favorite things about GDI. Though their Ion Cannon has definitely underwent a HUGE improvement.

In direct combat GDI have the upper hand when pitted against Nod forces. The nod do have a good advantage at receiving 3 turrets for the price of 1, but this comes at a weakness - all 3 turrets are connected to a central nexus, and all 3 go boom if the nexus is destroyed (which i love to exploit when playing against Nod).

Overall Nod lack something i would call a "main battle tank", and are better suited for hit and run gameplay, and sneaky tactics . To emphasize this they have quite a few stealthed units and can build stealth field generators.

Overall the Scrin seems to be the strongest faction, and definitely have air superiority when compared to GDI and Nod. And the building that speeds up Tiberium "regrowth" (forgot it's name ) is simply an ungodly advantage. (Though i found their special "mothership" a complete waste of 5000$).

And it doesn't take too much from your computer, so it should be fairly playable for the ones that don't have ungodly PCs.
Old 2007-04-02, 05:38   Link #3
problemedchild
ô_ô

Ya, I'm liking the Alien race. Plant a regrowth building on top of a blue field....... it''s so hard to run out of money after that.

I really like the new movies though. It brings back the old days of playing C&C, not the odd ball Generals game.
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-02, 06:03   Link #4
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Well, my favorite are probably Nod. Though they do lack firepower in direct combat... But since i don't like to play by steamrolling opponents anyway - it is all good. And i like their cluster missile (or whatever it is called) that destroys tiberium fields (the best thing for getting on your friends nerves in a multiplayer game ... and by accident i found out that missile works on units as well Last time it took out 5 or so enemy aircrafts that were hovering over the blast area
Old 2007-04-02, 14:44   Link #5
uLTraCarL-
Planet uLTraCarL Inc
*Fansubber

lol i'm more of a GDI person myself

heavy armor is what I love

Me and my brother narrowed it down that the scrin took ideas from Starcraft (Zerg/Protoss) and Independence Day/Tenchi for the mothership. That mothership is slow as hell but once it fires it packs a friggin punch.

[Ht] Hostile Takeover #hostile @ irc.gamesurge.net .. Anime-Kraze #anime-kraze @ irc.rizon.net
Old 2007-04-02, 14:47   Link #6
uLTraCarL-
Planet uLTraCarL Inc
*Fansubber

*delete double post ^_^*

Last edited by uLTraCarL-; 2007-04-02 at 14:49. Reason: sucky wireless at school
Old 2007-04-02, 15:10   Link #7
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

"Peace through power!"
"One vision, one purpose!"

I still like the aliens the most.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-02, 15:15   Link #8
Deviant Wraith

Nod is and will always be my fav. I am picking up the game today. I reserved it a while back so i only owe $35. so hopefully i will pick it up.
Deviant Wraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-02, 17:22   Link #9
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

@ Skyfall
> The nod do have a good advantage at receiving 3 turrets for the price of 1, but this comes at a weakness - all 3 turrets are connected to a central nexus, and all 3 go boom if the nexus is destroyed (which i love to exploit when playing against Nod).
Is it just me or are the laser ones complete junk..
Good thing for Obelisks.
> "I am sad the GDI have their firestorm defense removed - i was looking towards to that one in action, and it was one of my favorite things about GDI. Though their Ion Cannon has definitely underwent a HUGE improvement."
Agree with the first part.. but I'm personally disapointed in the Ion Cannon.
It was one of my favorite weapons, so it didn't do as much damage as a nuke, who cares.. it was original
> "Overall the Scrin seems to be the strongest faction..."
lol.. you think. Just seing them a lil' in action and gosh what the heck is suppose to be their weakness.. looks?!
------------------------------------------
BTW, I'm also a GDI person. Gotta luv' shinny Ion weapons.
Zone Troopers (or watheva' they're called) are my favorite unit in the game.
Old 2007-04-02, 17:51   Link #10
darkjester
Desu Desu Desu!!!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to darkjester Send a message via MSN to darkjester Send a message via Yahoo to darkjester
i'm not even sure if my comp will be able to run this...

i played the original and tiberian sun... and enjoyed them very much... so when the time comes, i'd like to play the crap out of this one too...
darkjester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-02, 18:58   Link #11
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Is it just me or are the laser ones complete junk..
Good thing for Obelisks.
Indeed they are ... but hey - it is all you will get for defense until you get Obelisks. The Scorpion tanks are not much better It is a good thing the Obelisk packs quite a punch. (Though GDI sonic turret penetrates everything in a line :S).

Quote:
Agree with the first part.. but I'm personally disapointed in the Ion Cannon.
It was one of my favorite weapons, so it didn't do as much damage as a nuke, who cares.. it was original
Well, i guess they wanted to make all the specials equal in strength... which is exactly what they have done - they only look different, the amount of destruction is the same (Rift looks cool though ...got to love a black hole )

Quote:
lol.. you think. Just seing them a lil' in action and gosh what the heck is suppose to be their weakness.. looks?!
I will let you know when i find out Though i wouldn't hold my breath if i were you. Counter with a lot of numbers ... those friggin aircraft carriers survive a nuke dropped on them ... in fact a nuke barely manages to get trough the shield.

As for Nod - i am sad they lost their artilery It was one hell of a weapon, and compensated for the lack of strong front line units quite well. In all honesty - i think Nod lack some punch. The more i play, the more they seem to be a bit underpowered.
Old 2007-04-03, 05:14   Link #12
Honey_and_Cleaver

Game looks still boring to me. They should have put large mechas in the game and the infantry more bigger,stronger and detailed.

Including making battleships available and dynamic buildings. Plus making units easier to command and faster to be build.

Better sound effects and special effects. Units moving more vigorously and tanks louder and rumbling.

Weather changes and light effects.
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 09:28   Link #13
uLTraCarL-
Planet uLTraCarL Inc
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey_and_Cleaver View Post
Game looks still boring to me. They should have put large mechas in the game and the infantry more bigger,stronger and detailed.

Including making battleships available and dynamic buildings. Plus making units easier to command and faster to be build.

Better sound effects and special effects. Units moving more vigorously and tanks louder and rumbling.

Weather changes and light effects.
rofl @ all your ideas

Old 2007-04-03, 12:18   Link #14
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

@ Honey
> Game looks still boring to me. They should have put large mechas in the game and the infantry more bigger,stronger and detailed.
And there aren't big mech in the game?
> Including making battleships available and dynamic buildings. Plus making units easier to command and faster to be build.
Easier to command?.. lol
Say you have a few mamoths, put them in aggresive mode, hit A and click on some ground ~somewhere, they'll go to pwan everything (buildings included)

I don't know what's easier then left clicking on a unit.
All the special abilities are easy too. Ctrl + A || S || D || F (mostly just A and S)
Building is done thru' F1 to F9

C&C doesn't aim at being super stratigic, its a arcade stratagy. (as in unit combination counts) Previous versions were more stratigic.
By The Way
What the heck is a "Dynamic Building".
Did you just make that up.
> Better sound effects and special effects. Units moving more vigorously and tanks louder and rumbling.
Settings > Sound
lolz..
> Weather changes and light effects.
Turn on visual effects at high or higher.. and go to a RedZone map..
Nuff light effects there, textures are the nicest as well.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Personally I'm seing this game as more of a present for original C&C fans..
If you didn't like the previous versions at all, no surprise you don't like this one.
Consider all the lil' things, like: the construction yard is small, Kain is back, we got pointless invisibile units, Kain is back, we have a hand of nod for infantry, GDI has granadiers (kind of like the disk throwers).. etc etc.

It's not all about how the game is designed yu' know, it's not like when I'm playing I'm going to stair at the tanks up close and personal. Or pay attention to the sound effects.
@ Skyfall
Scorpions are pretty good, at least for defence. Tho I love this idea of 4 buildings in 1. Seing turtle ai covering the map with tons of nests of the things is pretty cool. Reminds me of the Big Game Hunters map and Protos from starcraft.. lol. (nice that the same AI setting has variaty, for example take 2 Nod Hard Turtles, one might go for scorpions x tons of infantry turrets, the other flame tanks x tons of laser turrets)

BTW, what units netrulise steath.
I think for the nod it's the buggys.
(or an Avatar that swallowed a buggy)
But what about GDI?
Old 2007-04-03, 12:27   Link #15
uLTraCarL-
Planet uLTraCarL Inc
*Fansubber

for GDI it's the Pitbull's I do believe

i forget which other units do stealth detection but there are a few with each faction.

Old 2007-04-04, 17:47   Link #16
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

@ Skyfall
> "In terms of gameplay it is the same as the good, old C&C: Red Alert/Tiberium sun, so it is extremely easy to "get used to"."
After playing a few matches against a brutal enemy you really get a feel how well ballenced it is. Especially in a match GDI vs Nod, really awesome ballence.

Also the first time I played against brutal turtle ai (that's right turtle) I was quietly minding my own business building my base when all shit broke loose.. he had something like 100 roketters (counting soldiers) and at least 20-30 scorpions.. WTF I barely had infantry defences up.. The ai is so seriously over done.. Even in brutal much to my surprise he gets no "tactical advantage", for example like in Warcraft3 where at hard the ai collects 20 instead of 10 gold. Not here, the ai is at the same lvl.. but sheesh, what tactics.. I mean for example in one of the versions (he expands diffrently I'm counting at least 3) he starts by building 3 refineries, then sells the damn 3rd one to get practicly all the money back and free infantry to go with it. lol.. what the heck is that.. damn smart arse..

Not to mention for example a brutal Nod turtle is crazy enought to defend a secondary base with something like 30+ obelisks.. and on a small map will hit you hard.. 5 avatars every 1-2 minutes with support of course and air power to pwn all.. did I mention the nukes xD
> "In direct combat GDI have the upper hand when pitted against Nod forces. The nod do have a good advantage at receiving 3 turrets for the price of 1, but this comes at a weakness - all 3 turrets are connected to a central nexus, and all 3 go boom if the nexus is destroyed (which i love to exploit when playing against Nod)."
Nod have exellent base conception.. very good defences (exept those laser thing).. good defensive units, like the stealth tank which are exellent for when brutal gdi comes knoking at your door with jugernats (is it me or are those things able to step on tanks?!) And the stelph ability is helpfull for keeping focus away from sensitive targets. (not to mention the gatherers are invisible)

GDI on the other hand have exelent attack potential..
Storm troopers can beat almost all defensive positions.. they so damn good. The secret is to throw them from the fring pan into the fire, up close and personal with the defences they steamroll all.
> "Overall Nod lack something i would call a "main battle tank", and are better suited for hit and run gameplay, and sneaky tactics . To emphasize this they have quite a few stealthed units and can build stealth field generators."

> "Overall the Scrin seems to be the strongest faction, and definitely have air superiority when compared to GDI and Nod. And the building that speeds up Tiberium "regrowth" (forgot it's name ) is simply an ungodly advantage. (Though i found their special "mothership" a complete waste of 5000$)."
I don't know about air superiority..
GDI has exellent air, and Nod too.. against a brutal gdi your dead meat if you don't have some bombers.. jugernauts are really hard to take down.. and they do get the job done.. every job done.

Oh and btw, make 3 refineries at the start and something like 2 more collectors, even if they go half way across the map for the stuff it's really hard not to have it comming in.. careful on the collectors on some maps they're are so seriously stupid and will get stuck, like most other units..

Make another 2 as you expand..
They're good for ground control too so space'em..
Mandatory stratagy if you play against brutal.. otherwise you won't keep up..
With gdi it's better to start out with 2 and build the 3rd one sometime later, they develop harder.. and you need the tech more often then you need the money.

Spoiler for Hint 4 Beating Brutals:

> Well, my favorite are probably Nod. Though they do lack firepower in direct combat... But since i don't like to play by steamrolling opponents anyway - it is all good. And i like their cluster missile (or whatever it is called) that destroys tiberium fields (the best thing for getting on your friends nerves in a multiplayer game ... and by accident i found out that missile works on units as well Last time it took out 5 or so enemy aircrafts that were hovering over the blast area
Uhh.. the what that does what?!
There is a ability at the ..toxic center, I believe it was called, which presumably causes a chain reaction in tiberium fields.. but I'm only seing them blow it up. Basicly the cristals explode some flashy green smoke and electricity and its done, but the fields are still there.. I'm updated to the last version, maybe this is something older?!.. perhaps a bug, since nod 'destroying' tiberium fields seems total bogus considering the story.
Old 2007-04-05, 04:10   Link #17
Sheppie

CNC3 is just the bomb you know, I have this week free from school and every day i play like 4 to 5 hours with my friends on a hamachi network.

And the Scrin are WAY overpowerd. I think that was fixed in V1.01 along with some other multiplayer fixes (if i'm correct where @ V1.03 now :S).

Once my friends and I where playing against 1 balanced brutal, 3v1. Now i won't say that were bad or good. we are just medium you know. But that brutal kicked the **** out of us. So we all watched the replay and we were laughing cuz we were learning from an AI (geezzz).

Single player is just to cool and i can't wait to get my hands on the SDK version so i can make my own :P.

Quote:
Nod have exellent base conception.. very good defences (exept those laser thing).. good defensive units, like the stealth tank which are exellent for when brutal gdi comes knoking at your door with jugernats (is it me or are those things able to step on tanks?!) And the stelph ability is helpfull for keeping focus away from sensitive targets. (not to mention the gatherers are invisible)
I agree with that, those lasers which are supposed to be good vs vehicles are just crappy, but those obelisks pwns almost every unit (except air), especially if you have 3 or more laser tanks on them , in a small map you maybe able to hit the other with the long range obelisk:P
Sheppie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 18:01   Link #18
Toxic
Champion of Obscurity

Send a message via MSN to Toxic
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjester View Post
i'm not even sure if my comp will be able to run this...
You shouldn't have to worry. The graphics options are highly scalable. You should be able to run this game with an almost ancient computer.
Tell me your system specs and I'll tell you if you can run the game.
Toxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 03:12   Link #19
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Uhh.. the what that does what?!
There is a ability at the ..toxic center, I believe it was called, which presumably causes a chain reaction in tiberium fields.. but I'm only seing them blow it up. Basicly the cristals explode some flashy green smoke and electricity and its done, but the fields are still there.. I'm updated to the last version, maybe this is something older?!.. perhaps a bug, since nod 'destroying' tiberium fields seems total bogus considering the story.
Well, perhaps it is bug in the older version with the cluster missile (yes, i finally remember what its called )...been too lazy to update, maybe i should

I agree on the Brutal opponent - you will get your arse handed to you really quickly if you don't pay attention. Never mind the constant pressure on you. The Ai is insane on brutal level. It has been a while since an AI has given me troubles in a strategy game... needless to say i am happy about it

Quote:
GDI has exellent air, and Nod too.. against a brutal gdi your dead meat if you don't have some bombers.. jugernauts are really hard to take down.. and they do get the job done.. every job done.
Yep, GDI have excellent air ... i just recently discovered how insanely good the Firehawks are in anti-air combat. It rocks as a bomber as well. And Stratofighter Boosters help when you want to quickly take out that superweapon behind the enemy defense lines. You might not make it out alive, but hey - it will get the job done.

Overall i think that Firehawk is my favorite unit of the lot.

As for GDi...i have found their AA turrets a complete suckage. (must be to compensate for Nod Laser turrets who suck as well ). You better keep a good amount of Pitbulls ready for AA duty. The Nod AA turrets are fairly nice. (Though the computer is actually smart enough to target that central structure, causing all 3 of your turrets go boom).

I have to say i have developed a huge liking to the Sonic Turrets - they are irreplaceable when repelling a huge attack. Nothing like seeing half the attacking force disappear at once

As for Nod ... well, Venom are very weak against ground targets, to the point they are almost pointless unless you have at least 30 of them. They are fairly good for taking out Scrin aircraft carriers and those other flying, shielded ships though (can't remember the name right now).

Though the Vertigo Bombers don't impress me much - i think Firehawk has a stronger attack, and stealth won't get you far when the map is crawling with enemies, and it certainly won't get you past base defenses ... i use the mostly for defense to blow up some big attacking targets (Mamoths etc).

One thing i haven't been able to grasp it the overall strength of Avatar... it looks fairly good, but to make them is expensive as hell ... not to mention the additional cost if you want to "mount" something on his left arm as well. You will end up paying 4000$ for one battle-ready Avatar, while 2 Mamoths cost 4500$. And i am fairly certain that 2 Mamoths will rip that Avatar apart. (Not to mention they have AA capabilities.)

Stealth Tanks i like however. My favorite Nod unit i believe. And i do love the stealthed harvesters - nothing makes me laugh like seeing my harvester munching down tiberium near a computers base, provided it doesn't run in to defenses

... Nod have little problem on the defense - the problems start when you need to move to attack. And watching a bunch of Scorpions go up against Mamoths is not pretty (though the suicidal maniacs are insanely good they cause destruction like mo tomorrow 0_o ... i swear, i never expected them to be this strong...i learned my lesson when i got half my base leveled with them when i was lacking in anti-infantry defense ...ever since then i started to use them)
Old 2007-04-06, 06:38   Link #20
problemedchild
ô_ô

A single Mammoth will kill an Avatar, you don't need two :<

I like the Vertigo bombers though, you'd be surpised how durable they are. Far more than the Firehawk.

To be honest, I've found that if you're going to use Nod as a slugger, building a massive squadron of Vertigos normally gets the job done. That or a lot of Avatars, but they're not anywhere near what the Mammoth can do. Having to stop in order to attack and not being able to fire while retreating really makes it a hard unit to like.
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote