AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2015-04-07, 05:02   Link #56501
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Full reply in a while but who the hell is iris calling. Nat's winggirl?
- Pilot of Fang Quake. I'm very sure she's Army. Stubborn as a Mule.
Link to a pic here:
https://baka-tsuki.org/project/index...S_v09_-_16.jpg

And the pic of Fang Quake with the very large "ARMY" markings:
https://baka-tsuki.org/project/index...HOCO_00003.jpg
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-07, 05:21   Link #56502
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I don't know about you guys but I love CHOCO for putting so much detail in the IS mecha
Old 2015-04-07, 06:53   Link #56503
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Full reply in a while but who the hell is iris calling. Nat's winggirl?

Also, fireminer, Type is Shiki in japanese, not Taipu. Also, the Type 61 was a real world MBT for the JSDF.
Blame Google Translate.

Quote:
"DON'T YOU DARE GET AWAY!!"

The sea ruptured, and then exploded.

The crimson red machine [Akatsubaki] flew up with the [Shenlong] on its back.

"Take it down before it escapes!!"

[Akatsubaki] attacked the [Gospel], and Rin got off the back to get into battle mode with the [Landslide] packet on to allow an increase in functionality.

The 2 pairs of [Impact Cannons] on her shoulders, and the 4 cannons opened fire at the same time.

"!"

While [Akatsubaki] got away from the area after a little scuffle, the [Impact Cannon] bullets shot out from behind her. However, these weren't the invisible [Impact Cannons], but rather bullets covered in scarlet red flames. The numbers matched up to the rain of bullet from the [Gospel], and the empowered [Impact Cannons] should really be called [Thermal Diffusion Impact Cannons].
Anyone know what that mean? Isn't that is plasma?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-07, 07:01   Link #56504
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

The Impact Cannons originally were just high-pressure compressed air, so...maybe. Superheated air is a kind of plasma sort-of. Blame Izuru for not being completely doing the research needed to explain things better.

And dammit, I see something and it gives me...ideas:

Chifuyu: "...you're telling me you took the spirit of a monster and actually put it into a Golem IS?"

Tabane: "Hee hee hee. No, Chii-chan. I took an IMAGIN and fused it with Golem IS!"

Golem IS: "ORE, SANJOU!!!"
Old 2015-04-07, 07:25   Link #56505
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

... What is that?

Oh, and anyone can explain the mecha world's obsession with high-heels? Even something like Raiden from MSG have feet like that.

What do you think of the IS aerobatic team? Will they be formed anew, or incorporated into teams like the Russian Knights?

Last edited by Fireminer; 2015-04-07 at 07:47.
Old 2015-04-07, 07:47   Link #56506
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Because that's basically how the human foot looks like without flesh. The major contact points of your feet to the ground are generally your heels and the small area near your toes. The middle ground is generally padding and I think not designing that padding in is more for stability reasons.
Old 2015-04-07, 07:51   Link #56507
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

But the proportion is kind of too high:
Old 2015-04-07, 07:53   Link #56508
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

I think it's more of a design choice. It also depends on how high the heel is. Some designs it's not too obvious and looks more like a giant boot. Others it's very much a high heel shoe. The RX-78 Gundam and the GAT-X105 Strike Gundam had flat feet in their original designs. Many of the "Hi-heel" feet on MS usually had either much larger thrusters on the soles of their feet (VF-1 Valkyries) or else the feet themselves were designed to pivot and convert (MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam), or even a combination of both (XXXG-00W0 Wing Gundam Zero TV version).

As for Raiden--it's both for practical reasons (being able to grip his sword with his feet and heel), and I think it's also kind of a joke considering how girly Raiden was originally thought to be from MGS2.
Old 2015-04-07, 08:05   Link #56509
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Flat feet on the original gundam is likely because they didn't think the mechanical design through. When they animated it, they probably realized how awkward it was for a solid block to imitate the motions of a foot as it bent on its balls and pushed off the ground. So future designs separated the balls and the heels.
Old 2015-04-07, 08:07   Link #56510
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

I was going to also mention Votoms, but there's an entirely different reason why an AT had huge oversized flat feet...they don't really walk that often as much as turbo-rollerskate.

Quote:
"My mission is to steal IS from all over the world. But it's clear you don't have it on you." M grimaced as she confronted the pilot of the Firemoth. "And someone else has already staked a claim for it."

Last edited by wavehawk; 2015-04-07 at 08:19.
Old 2015-04-07, 13:18   Link #56511
S.Freedom

Wavy, is the image you posted Gin Tachibana from Horizon in the middle of nowhere?
S.Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-07, 16:38   Link #56512
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- Pilot of Fang Quake. I'm very sure she's Army. Stubborn as a Mule.
Link to a pic here:
https://baka-tsuki.org/project/index...S_v09_-_16.jpg

And the pic of Fang Quake with the very large "ARMY" markings:
https://baka-tsuki.org/project/index...HOCO_00003.jpg

One can argue that the American I.S. Special Forces are an entity unto themselves, pulling from all branches to work on these things. That and at one time (until Sept 1947), the Army and the Air Force were one branch.

My guess is that they tacked on an IS branch to the 'Special Operations Forces' but one that can encompass all the different branches (Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines, etc). Makes much more sense since the Seals team that did the infiltration had an IS with them as well. Natasha and Iris probably wouldn't or couldn't ask questions about why the Navy's IS got scrambled for the mission either since it was surely under confidentiality restrictions even greater than Top Secret.
Old 2015-04-07, 20:04   Link #56513
The 48th Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
May I ask what's this?
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-07, 21:49   Link #56514
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Apparently that's Akaonihime Shiki from Phantasy Star Online 2. Says so on the image url.

I see that Fang Quake is also based on the M1 Abrams on top of having the desert camo. Also, the USIS is an unfortunate acronym, just one letter away from infamy.

I suddenly get an idea that maaaaaybe the US has also most of its IS cores as personal IS units instead of MPIS because 'MURICA. Which means that while the M6 Iron Maiden was once the massproduction model, in the recent years, with the government throwing money at both the Gospel and the New Testament projects, there would be individual organizations within the government also throwing money at their own projects. Marines (?) throwing money in to the M9 Fang Quake, maybe Seals have another unit, Air Force having an F35-type dodo, so on as so forth. Perhaps the Iron Maiden instead is now only found in civilian projects, like Harvard Mechanics. Interesting prospects here and possibly implications for STARK Industries as they no longer have a stranglehold on US weapons.

Meanwhile, the Shenlong continues to pose design challenges for me. Right now, I'm just putting down that the oriental design features of the Type-45 Shenlong were cosmetic changes over the Russian RK-85, or "Savage" as it is known to NATO, the most powerful MPIS in the world at one point when personal IS were still being refined, given that in my lore, all of China's IS are either copies of IS built by another country, or MPIS designed purchased from overseas.

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2015-04-07 at 23:27.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-08, 00:17   Link #56515
The 48th Ronin

Quote:
Also, the USIS is an unfortunate acronym, just one letter away from infamy.
Speaking of the infamous acronym, I wonder how did radical Islamists react to the new balance of power after the introduction of IS. Did the ME descend into a deeper shithole?

It makes for a good COD/IS x-over story.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-08, 00:57   Link #56516
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Orange View Post
Speaking of the infamous acronym, I wonder how did radical Islamists react to the new balance of power after the introduction of IS. Did the ME descend into a deeper shithole?

It makes for a good COD/IS x-over story.
That my friend is the ENTIRE story of the rise of Vandam and a few billion other things in the Meisterverse. But long story short:

The Caliphate: An enigmatic organization claiming to follow the ideals of the militant organization IS. Instead of terrorism, the group took advantage of the White Knight incident (and the subsequent decline of NATO), exploded out of nowhere and outright conquered whole countries. They mounted a two-pronged attack, claiming and laying waste to the west of the Arab Emirates and steamrolling the whole of Indonesia in no more than 7 days. They then proceeded to meet in the middle, working from both ends to ultimately establish a belt of Islamic radicalism from Iran to the Phillipines. What made them so capable were the Penitence Engines, advanced and hulking 2nd gen machines piloted by men using 2 girls, drugged and mind-wiped into submission, as the interface. These were overkill at a time when all everyone had were tanks, infantry and some primitive MPIS. The Caliphate would go on to level Singapore and the Malayan peninsula before guerilla attacks by Qixiang, her Vandam, Kajie and the Black Knights and the surviving forces of the "Penang Tiger" Ali-Atik stopped their advance northwards into Thailand. Even then, the Caliphate could strike anywhere in Asia pretty much at will, keeping the defenders on the back foot while they regrouped and built even more Penitence Engines. Rachel Browning and the Joes held the Israeli flank. Eventually however, ASEAN united, the EU's Schwarz got involved, Australia turned up the tap and the Caliphate just simply lost the resulting industrial war, being crushed under the weight of so many behemoths throwing equipment at them. The final blow came from a child Sultan of Sumatra, who defected to Admiral Tio's side to establish a new government in exile, completely undermining the Shek's legitimacy to Islamic rule. It was only a decade later, in [Idol Stratos SHOOTiNG ST@R], that it was discovered that this Caliphate received help from the Kingdom of Ea headed by a character calling herself Gilgamesh. Her massive resources came from her ISPer ability to create and grant materials with just the power of thought. Ironically, Gilgamesh in turn received her IS from Tabane, directly, as she was the former head of Phantom Task.

The West Arab democracies: What survived the Holocaust were picked up by surviving NATO armies, and in bringing them back on their feet, gave power to local industrialists and also the acceleration of the democratization process already happening in the region. In present day when Ichika first enrolls in the ISA, the West Arab lands are dotted with examples of Dubai, as it was discovered that the sands of central Asia were excellent material for the synthesis of sapherium, a material that gave IS its structure to bind thoughts in reality. Tabane had her hand in installing many of the industrialists in her pocket in power here.

The Asian South East, Australian, and Newzealander (ASEAN) Foundation: Brought together by sheer necessity and inspired by an IS that could, the ASEAN Foundation is an eccletic federation of nation states and states in exile formed during the 2nd Great War against the Caliphate and now oversees recovery of its member nations. Qixiang was the First Idol, and Karon, Gin and Rise represent a new generation of Idol Stratos for the fledgling nation. This creation was in a way Tabane's pet project, for it ensured that no matter what happened, she had the political backing of almost 1.5 billion peoples.

The African continent: The Caliphate had production bases everywhere in lost states and in the resulting battles all but completely crushed any form of government. Anarchy and the strongarm's rule reigned supreme when the Caliphate imploded and factions within the militancy grabbed whatever they could to found their own fortresses. While the rest of the world claims to be helping existing African governments remain "standing", their own troubles mean that foreign aid are not committed to the cause. A decade later, fighting in Arid Wastes still continues... Little wonder that NATO often calls the whole continent, "Helmajistan". It is here where the current Phantom Task reside towards the South, although they have since long distanced themselves from being Tabane's enforcers. The Kingdom of Ea secretly lays claim to ancient Sumerian lands to the North.

Oh and I almost forgot:

The "Rabbit Hutch": Tabane's transformable orbital space station capable of planetary colonization. Once bustling with her chosen pilots, it is now an empty factory, as she and almost all human company ended up splitting ways during the Islamic uprisings. These days, the wannabe inventor and demigod needs (and trusts) only her AI assistant Tree Diagram and the Primarch of the Schwarzhase, Chloe Chronicle, as she clanks away in the dark while watching over with glee the world she managed to make her own...

But to understand how this even happen would be to explore the First Great War between Europe, Russia and North Korea that occurred immediately following the White Knight incident, leading to a rise of China, the election of Republicans into all levels of US government, including the Chief Justices when Jong bombed Washington and killed several of the current ones, subsequently leading to the withdrawal of the US from the NATO agreement and the sinking of Korea under nuclear winter...

(Told you the Meisterverse is actually pretty damn dark!!)

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2015-04-08 at 01:20.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-08, 07:09   Link #56517
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
(Told you the Meisterverse is actually pretty damn dark!!)
- ...should I be worried that the reason I'm having so much trouble writing my current fic is because it's relatively more lighthearted than my previous works?
Old 2015-04-08, 07:42   Link #56518
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

... Why should every story be started with a great war (far over) between Russia, Chinese and American? Can't anyoen think of something new?
Old 2015-04-08, 08:00   Link #56519
demino_hellsin
That one guy

One day, remnants of the old imperialist Japan launched a coup de etat that overtook the country. Using technology derived from the dreams and imaginations of the common folk turned real, the JIM or Japanese Imperial Military launched a continental attack that overtook most if not all of Asia. They expected not a single country to be able to resist the power of the mobile suit or the infinite stratos.

They kinda messed up there.

Because there was one country that stood up and fought back. Completely and utterly unexpected this one country had devised their own military countermeasure that their own government did not know about. Mostly because their government was mostly too busy doing the political equivalent of russian roulette to do anything meaningful.

That country would be the Philippines.

Using technology made from surplus parts of Japan, America and pretty much any other country willing to dump their decades old crap onto the archipelago, a small group of really bored young'ns weaponized these scraps and turned them into the giant robot equivalent of a jeepney. It was not pretty, but it was effective enough to ward off the mobile suits of the japanese imperialists. When the IS came in to take hold of the situation, the filipinos actually had a jerry-rigged iron man suit made too and then they came to realize why you didn't really need embedded micro-arc reactors lining the whole inner artificial muscle fiber system of the suit. It was overkill as the IS fell from blunt force beatings despite having an energy shield and absolute defense that could render ICBMs useless.
Old 2015-04-08, 08:05   Link #56520
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
One day, remnants of the old imperialist Japan launched a coup de etat that overtook the country. Using technology derived from the dreams and imaginations of the common folk turned real, the JIM or Japanese Imperial Military launched a continental attack that overtook most if not all of Asia. They expected not a single country to be able to resist the power of the mobile suit or the infinite stratos.

They kinda messed up there.

Because there was one country that stood up and fought back. Completely and utterly unexpected this one country had devised their own military countermeasure that their own government did not know about. Mostly because their government was mostly too busy doing the political equivalent of russian roulette to do anything meaningful.

That country would be the Philippines.

Using technology made from surplus parts of Japan, America and pretty much any other country willing to dump their decades old crap onto the archipelago, a small group of really bored young'ns weaponized these scraps and turned them into the giant robot equivalent of a jeepney. It was not pretty, but it was effective enough to ward off the mobile suits of the japanese imperialists. When the IS came in to take hold of the situation, the filipinos actually had a jerry-rigged iron man suit made too and then they came to realize why you didn't really need embedded micro-arc reactors lining the whole inner artificial muscle fiber system of the suit. It was overkill as the IS fell from blunt force beatings despite having an energy shield and absolute defense that could render ICBMs useless.
Isn't that how Heavy Object started?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest