AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2019-11-14, 01:30   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 962 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Break's over, guys! Credit goes to AP's Sandman for the info:

-Chapter title is "Daimyo and the vassals". Ministory reveals the culprit who's been kissing men.... Kyuin, the vacuum woman from the SMILE factory.

-After meeting with Yasuie in Hakumai, Oden sets off for the Kuri province in order to deal with Ashura Douji. At this point in time, Kuri is so infamous that even shogun Sukiyaki is unable to handle it. After Oden's departure, Yasu discovers that he was robbed of the money in his safety deposit box! Orochi claims that Oden was the thief, but in reality, the servant himself is the true culprit! It's also noted that aside from the money, the treasure box's contents include another item of interest.... the Hebi Hebi (Snake) no Mi, model Yamata no Orochi....

-Meanwhile, Oden wreaks havoc throughout Wano as he journeys to Kuri. However, he also gains new followers during this pilgrimage. Among them are two young boys who come from a family of traditional dancers: Izou, and his younger brother, Kikunojou. Their father was thrown in jail, and the poverty-stricken brothers were so hungry that Oden gave them food. He also comes across other rogues such as Kanjurou, a man who stole human hair, and Raizou, a former Oniwabanshu ninja who apparently left after getting turned down by a kunoichi. Eventually, the legendary samurai reaches Kuri, defeats Ashura after a full day of fighting, and reforms the province into a peaceful place. The shogun, upon learning of this, recants on disowning his son, and appoints him the daimyo of Kuri!

-Six years later, we learn that some pirates who belonged to the fallen Rocks pirate crew are beginning to make names for themselves as they form crews of their own. Meanwhile, Kawamatsu comes across two creatures that washed up on the beach. The kappa wonders if they're even human, but us readers can tell that they're the young furry duo Inuarashi and Nekomamushi!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2019-11-15 at 23:16.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-14, 01:51   Link #2
marvelB

Well, it sure didn't take long for Orochi's treachery to manifest, heh. The Kuri restoration also got addressed sooner than I expected. Anyway, the biggest thing I took from this chapter is the confirmation of Izou and Okiku being related. Yes, it was already hinted in the most recent SBS, but it's still neat to finally have it out in the open now. And since that's the case.... what is Izou's situation in the present? Did he ever return to Wano after WB's demise? If he did, where is he hiding? And if he didn't, what's keeping him away? Perhaps powerful enemy pirates such as Blackbeard or Weevil? Or maybe it has to do with his former captain's connection to Kaidou (and by proxy, the Rocks pirates)? So many questions....
Old 2019-11-14, 08:51   Link #3
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

i'm glad this flashback is moving at a swift pace...
i didn't want oda to tell how EVERY scabbard was recruited... just get to the important parts and continue with the OP lore and world building...

i'm actually looking forward to getting back to the current timeline and see the big battle!
Old 2019-11-14, 10:30   Link #4
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Talk about Izo, so how did he ended up join Shirohige crew anyway?
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-14, 17:15   Link #5
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm glad the flashback is going fast too.

I knew Orochi's fruit was based on Yamata no Orochi, but it's actually called that in the story too? Talk about fate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
Talk about Izo, so how did he ended up join Shirohige crew anyway?
He probably joined at the same time Oden did.
Old 2019-11-14, 19:09   Link #6
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm glad the flashback is going fast too.

I knew Orochi's fruit was based on Yamata no Orochi, but it's actually called that in the story too? Talk about fate.
I would not mind seeing a Devil Fruit based on Nekomata.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-15, 08:36   Link #7
marvelB

Hm, strange.... the chapter doesn't seem to mention the DF getting stolen from Yasu. Wonder if that's either a mistake or perhaps a page is missing, or something? Well, I'll wait a bit for verification, I suppose...

Anyway, I rather enjoyed this chapter, despite it being a bit short. Truth be told, I'm also not opposed to the brisk pacing, though I had sorta figured that Kuri's restoration would take at least a chapter unto itself. BTW, I kinda like how Ashura was casually squeezing a snake's blood into his booze, heh. Also, something I'm curious about is if we'll touch upon the Kouzuki clan's stonemasonry? As I recall, it was Oden's clan who carved the Poneglyphs in the first place, and is part of the reason why he accompanied Roger on his final voyage....
Old 2019-11-15, 12:01   Link #8
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was a pretty fun chapter. Fast pacing and some adventures.

The picture showing the former Rocks pirate has Whitebeard, Big Mom, Kaidou, and Shiki; but who's the last guy?
Old 2019-11-15, 23:24   Link #9
marvelB

BTW, in case anyone forgot her, the lady from the ministory is Kyuin, one of the guards of Doflamingo's SMILE factory. She's probably most notable for getting suplexed by Franky during his fight with Senor Pink, heh.
Old 2019-11-16, 07:24   Link #10
Theia_Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
BTW, in case anyone forgot her, the lady from the ministory is Kyuin, one of the guards of Doflamingo's SMILE factory. She's probably most notable for getting suplexed by Franky during his fight with Senor Pink, heh.
I initially thought it was Lola doing those kisses at first from the previous page of that story, but it was actually her (Franky kissed her to shut her up in that fight). How the heck did she not get arrested already unless Franky forgot to knock her out and leave her to the marines? Then again, they might have gotten sloppy... or took her lightly as the Impel Down staff did with Buggy... with amusing consequences. Bet some navy higher up stationed at Dressrosa is feeling stupid right now.
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote