AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-11-25, 00:37   Link #481
fukarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
You know he's sort of both.

I'm rereading the earlier chapters now, and it's amazing to watch how all the characters grow by the end. Even Naraku, through all his ridiculous number of forms. And seeing how he's first introduced into the story, and his evolutions, they all added an ominous tone to the whole story, I think.
To be honest, I think fighting Naraku for 200 episodes make more sense then just pitting him as a mid-boss or final boss. When I watched regular action anime, the final boss who appear only in the last couple episode are shown to be very powerful and yet the final boss is defeated by the heroes who had numerous power-up in their journey. It makes me wonder where the final boss is at the beginning of the series and why the final boss don't kill the heroes when they are still weak.

In Inuyasha, Naraku and inuyasha co. never had a really big power difference. That explains why Naraku don't challenge inuyasha co. and kill them once and for all- Naraku don't have the confidence to win absolutely.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 02:18   Link #482
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Episode 8 was amazing. I am so glad I stuck with all of the first series and then this one.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 03:37   Link #483
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
You know he's sort of both.

I'm rereading the earlier chapters now, and it's amazing to watch how all the characters grow by the end. Even Naraku, through all his ridiculous number of forms. And seeing how he's first introduced into the story, and his evolutions, they all added an ominous tone to the whole story, I think.
Yeah, I suppose he somewhat is. It's just that it feels a bit weird that it's ONLY Naraku when it's all said and done. It'd have been more interesting if Sesshoumaru became a villain type a bit more, but after a first few spars, nothing to do with him anymore. Which was a bit disappointing.

Which is why as far as the shonen stuff goes, I find it to be much more compelling in anime/manga with a variety of bad guys on top of an overarching nemesis.

It's a bit weird how Naraku at first was like a henchman, then a mid demon, then a greater demon, then someone finally coming close to Sesshoumaru, to a world-devourer demon type. He truly was everything.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 10:52   Link #484
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Yeah, I suppose he somewhat is. It's just that it feels a bit weird that it's ONLY Naraku when it's all said and done.
Spoiler:

Quote:
It's a bit weird how Naraku at first was like a henchman, then a mid demon, then a greater demon, then someone finally coming close to Sesshoumaru, to a world-devourer demon type. He truly was everything.
That's what I was trying to get at. The way he changes roles like that, evolves, it's pretty unique and makes it even more interesting.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 12:50   Link #485
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Naraku is a manipulator extraordinaire. He uses others (even those he creates from his own body) to do his dirty work while he cowers safely in the distance, observing. Even Fluffy - no naive pooch, he - was not immune to Naraku's smooth talk. He seems to take a special pleasure in goading people into destroying each other and themselves, too.

Naraku is not a conventional bad-ass boss villain, though he's immensely powerful when cornered. He's truly one of the most despicable and vile enemies in modern manga history, IMHO.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 03:05   Link #486
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

True. It's not Naraku himself, literally. And yeah, he's just one massive manipulator. So much so that he'd even separate his own body and manipulate HIMSELF.

I mean, even Lex Luthor doesn't do this kind of thing.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 12:26   Link #487
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
True. It's not Naraku himself, literally. And yeah, he's just one massive manipulator. So much so that he'd even separate his own body and manipulate HIMSELF.

I mean, even Lex Luthor doesn't do this kind of thing.
Honestly I don't think I've ever seen anyone match Naraku's manipulative abilities. Closest person I can think of maybe is Cartman from South Park.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 12:43   Link #488
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Honestly I don't think I've ever seen anyone match Naraku's manipulative abilities. Closest person I can think of maybe is Cartman from South Park.
There's Aizen.
Old 2009-11-28, 14:55   Link #489
Lugia_Tsuyu
Damn, I'm good!

I just finished watching episode 9. And as a Sesshomaru x Rin fan, I gotta say that I'm not impressed. They moved everything too fast, and also made the important scenes seemed unimportant, but on the other hand, made the unimportant scenes seemed important.

And maybe because they rushed everything, it turned out that the voice actors kinda did a poor job in this episode, especially Sesshomaru's and
Spoiler:

This is just my opinion though, so if I offended anyone, I'm sorry.
Lugia_Tsuyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 01:16   Link #490
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Awesome Episode 9
Old 2009-11-29, 08:32   Link #491
Daggdag

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNGO View Post
Great news!, thank god I haven't read the manga, it would have spoiled the series for me.
You know your better off reading the manga first.....it's always better.
Daggdag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 10:27   Link #492
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daggdag View Post
You know your better off reading the manga first.....it's always better.
There are mangas whiah are worse than anime.
Old 2009-11-29, 10:34   Link #493
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Was I the only one who noticed that in episode 6, after Naraku absorves that Yokai-tree, he has 4 dragon tails on his back instead of 3?
Old 2009-11-29, 11:02   Link #494
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Man...this is why we need a damn separate thread for each episode. I was scrolling down to start a post to ask how the pacing was and as i was i saw the
Spoiler for ep 8??? not sure, i was spoiler'd :X:
post and i was just like WHAT THE F*CK :f rustrated::fru strated::frust rated::frustra ted: . Why the hell did i have to see that as i was scrolling down?

edit:

OH MY GAWD IM STILL N3RD RAGING. arghhhhhh im so pissed right now. What the HELL!? Why post something so big like that without a spoiler tag >.<!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARHGHGHGAHGHAHGHAGHAHGHGHHHHHH

i was planning on wiating for this whole series to end before picking it up...stupid idea now that i know a huge damn spoiler

2nd edit:
*sigh* sorry guys...im just so upset..........
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 22:35   Link #495
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep9:
Old 2009-11-29, 23:02   Link #496
Xagzan

Spoiler:

It's kind of like what

SPOILER FOR BLEACH MANGA PAST WHERE THE ANIME IS
Spoiler:
Old 2009-11-30, 02:01   Link #497
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
mmm I just started watching that ABC series LOST online and to my surprise that guy BEN comes close to Naraku, I mean he obviously doesn't go as far as to "split and manipulate himself" lol (nearly flipped when I read that, good one!) - But the guy always has a dam plan. As far as series there is Kira from death note (only mind power) and Aizen.

However between Takahashi's villains and Kubo's villains I must say I prefer Takahashi because she was obviously the pioneer when it comes to that "cool-glowing guy personality" - talking about Sesshi which IMO was mimicked by Kubo who tried to fuse some of Shesshi's personality into Byakuya. YES! U read that right!...... except that since these are 2 different series (Bleach more fighting, Inuyasha lots character development, romance, etc) we can't make a 1 to 1 comparison but still... take Byakuya, if his eggo .. aggrr I mean "honor" were to be offended he wouldn't hesitate to kill Rukia, LOL

No kidding tho, everytime something goes wrong in Bleach he either tries to kill Rukia or disappears then tries to kill Rukia or he just doesn't give a dam bout her when something happens... dam! At some point he could have changed but his ego ehmm I mean "his honor" always seems to get the best of him

-- Now to I am only saying this to make the contrast between Shesshi's character and Byakuya's overinflated personality (IMO), dont mean to derail the thread -- Sesshi on the other hand started out all cool-gloomy and evil but then he slowly started to change his ruthless behavior and became a more compassionate and carrying Demon who seems to deeply care about Rin which is something that wasn't fully explored during the first series.

Again those of u who are hardcore Byakuya fans, don't take the above statement the wrong way, I only made a comparison and gave my personal opinion, if u think Shesshi is lame and Byakuya is the one true Pioneer....so be it

Now Regarding these last 2 eps (Screencaps + Opinion):

Spoiler for Ep 8-9 Screencaps + Opinion:
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-30, 17:42   Link #498
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuXe View Post
mmm I just started watching that ABC series LOST online and to my surprise that guy BEN comes close to Naraku, I mean he obviously doesn't go as far as to "split and manipulate himself" lol (nearly flipped when I read that, good one!) - But the guy always has a dam plan. As far as series there is Kira from death note (only mind power) and Aizen.
Wow, being the huge LOST fan that I am I can't believe I forgot about Ben. I guess my mindset was set on just animated shows. Taking live action shows into consideration another great manipulator is House.

Onto to the recent episode. Another pretty darn good one, possibly my second favorite of the new series.

Spoiler for ep9/manga:

Last edited by GuidoHunter_Toki; 2009-11-30 at 18:04.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-30, 22:19   Link #499
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
I've thought for a long time that one of the series' strongest points was Sesshomaru's character development. When we first saw him he was a cold, aloof monster who was perfectly ready to kill Inuyasha and any other humans. And then from the time he meets Rin, throughout the story, he gets slow and subtle character development, culminating mostly in this episode. But it's never forced, his attitude shift that is. We could see it teensy weensy hints of it whenever he'd make an appearance, but it was never forced or emphasized. Even in this episode, it's not forced, since Sesshomaru's character doesn't radically change and cause him to break down in tears. THAT would have been forced. But it wasn't, and it never was, and his character never jerked in an entirely different direction to show he was changing. Again, even now, he still has that same personality, but there's some key part of him that's different. That I think Takahashi did extremely well.
Spoiler for 9:
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-30, 23:45   Link #500
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Spoiler for 9:
Spoiler for Ep9:

Tags
adventure, shounen