AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-02-25, 23:48   Link #661
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuXe View Post
Wow... how could I have possibly forgotten that Fukai Mori wasn't the first ED in Inuyasha? .. How did I forget that is beyond me lol but I guess that was the first ED that really got stuck in my head, especially when Kikyo was resurrected and she said at the end of one of the first eps:

"I am free to hate. My soul is so much freer than it was then. Free to hate...free to love" ... and Fukai Mori starts ... ahh ... here is the video, watch from 9:46 (unfortunately the ending was cut out .. dam uploader!!)

Yeap, that was the scene that made that song unforgettable, well at least for me....
Ditto. I think it was after Kikyo had escaped from Naraku for the first time, back when he still had that castle. I remember feeling that it was that scene, with her talk of freedom and love etc and that song starting, that it was the start of her (very) slow transformation from cold undead bitch to back to her original caring self.

That portion of the song in the scene before the credits was actually the instrumental version of FM. I've been hoping they'd use it at some point in Final Act, but doesn't look like they will.

Quote:
Change the world was nice but I guess I would rank it close to the first ED which was My Will... INCIDENTALLY, here is the video of them hot chicks singing that song:

Yeap, they are pretty hawt!....Daddy Likes and approves!
Wow, never saw the music vid for that before. They are very pretty, especially once the chorus starts.

Last edited by Xagzan; 2010-02-26 at 00:03.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-26, 01:28   Link #662
OkamiNoKaze

Woah, quite the literal cliff hanger there in Episode 21, The final battle is underway it seems though, and poor Hojo.
Old 2010-02-26, 23:08   Link #663
karinvampire
Ka Ra Ku Ri

Yes everything is going great,the animation looks better as well in ep 21.
karinvampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-04, 16:32   Link #664
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep22:
Old 2010-03-04, 22:21   Link #665
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Spoiler for 22:
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 21:31   Link #666
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Spoiler for Ep 23:
Old 2010-03-09, 22:33   Link #667
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Spoiler for Ep 23:
Oh he absolutely won't. Especially since this episode ended right at the beginning of the chapter called Despair. So you know there's going to be some great tension still to come.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-12, 04:41   Link #668
stonedzombie
またね

Send a message via AIM to stonedzombie
I find it so funny that 5 years ago this thread would have been PACKED with people and their comments on the series. Now its like 3 or 4 at most per episode. I guess just too much time had passed between the original show ending (2004) and the new series, as it really seems like the Inuyasha's popularity has really died off. Ah well.
Old 2010-03-12, 05:58   Link #669
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Well, more like the community has scattered.

But yeah, it's a shame that there isn't that crazy vibrancy anymore.

I swear that at Inuyasha's height, it probably had the strongest western fan community I've ever seen. Not even Dragonball or Full Metal Alchemist came close.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-12, 07:47   Link #670
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
You are wrong, people didn't just scatter and forgotten it out of the blue. They simply got bored with it. You are reading an ex-fanboy of the series, one of the many back in the first series. I and many more simply grew tired of the repetitive plot and undeveloped story after the masterful first 30 episodes. We felt like Takahashi was trolling us, just like Kubo is doing now and simply moved to other titles.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-12, 14:50   Link #671
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Well in the end guess it is a number of factors. Boredom, scattering over time, and probably some other things no one has thought of. It's a bit too bad since there was a pretty large following for the series.

Reminds me of the new Slayers seasons that came out recently. Hard for a classic to jump back and retain the popularity it had back at it's high point.
Old 2010-03-12, 17:31   Link #672
roriconfan
Banned

Slayers had humor and visuals of the 90s. How is it humanely possible to expect to be liked the same a decade later? It is the same for every remake or late sequel. Being Astro Boy or Tetsoujin or Macross... there is no chance for such titles to succeed using the same formula. Because other series make sure to jump in and plagiarize what was successful about them, making them look obsolete. I mean, come on, how many series with supernatural fox/cat/dog characters followed InuYasha? Far too many to bother sticking to the stale formula while you can find new stuff elsewhere.
Now you may ask why is then superhero comics and cartoons being recycled over and over in America for the past 80 years and the damn formula still sells a lot. The average inteligence has to do something with it, plus western stories have much less variety and thus westerners don't expect fresh new air in every restart as much as animefans do. The demands are far lower there.
Old 2010-03-13, 04:13   Link #673
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Inuyasha's fanbase is still there but as someone up there ^^^ said... people got bored of waiting and waiting for the conclusion of the series, I mean I watched the whole thing like 3-4 times and I am still glued till the end of this series but things change and people get hooked on different series.

I got recently hooked on Gurren Langann (yeah different genre) but my point is that the longer the wait the lesser the hype (with the exception of Hellsing Ultimate's hardcore underground fanbase)
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-13, 11:49   Link #674
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I also think the Inuyasha fan base doesn't overlap well with the AnimeSuki user base. In broad terms, the posters here tend to be more hard-core anime viewers, while much of Inuyasha's audience are people who are casual fans. That's not a knock on Inuyasha - just a reflection of how well it managed to cross over via American TV. As well, I fear some viewers may have turned off by the uneven start of this last series - which is a shame, as I think it's turned out to be very solid.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 15:33   Link #675
Guido
Osaka in my Pocket

Since likely in three weeks InuYasha Kanketsuhen is going to end, I would appreciate from you not to spoil me due for being very behind with the episodes.

Spoiler for Episode 16:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-15, 18:11   Link #676
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Since likely in three weeks InuYasha Kanketsuhen is going to end, I would appreciate from you not to spoil me due for being very behind with the episodes.

Spoiler for Episode 16:
Even though most of the people here have been using spoiler tags throughout the entire series your best bet is not to read this forum until you catch up cause you are way behind and pretty much any discussion in this page can be considered a spoiler to you.

Regarding EP 24:
Spoiler for EP 24:
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-15, 18:28   Link #677
roriconfan
Banned

Quote:
Regarding EP 24:
Spoiler for EP 24:
Then hope they extend the final story and not leave it as it was in the manga.
Old 2010-03-15, 19:12   Link #678
karinvampire
Ka Ra Ku Ri

God I'm getting excited this episode was good wonder how they gonna close the show

and yeah I agree I hope they add a little fanservice in the last episode since the manga left much to be desired.
karinvampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-15, 20:30   Link #679
Kirarakim

Inuyasha was probably the series that really got me into anime/manga. My first was DBZ but Inuyasha followed quickly after and I became a major fan of the medium after that. I stuck with the manga just because I wanted to see how it all ended but it really felt like a major chore that when it was done I think all I felt was relief. It wasn't even about how will it end, it was when it will end? That's not to say the ending was bad, it wasn't. But the ending did not justify the length of the story.

I know the anime is only 26 episodes (and that's not bad at all) but after reading through all the manga I don't feel I need anymore Inuyasha.

Although the best thing about Inuyasha is introducing me to other Takahashi works, especially Maison Ikkoku.
Old 2010-03-15, 23:00   Link #680
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

I've been a huge Inuyasha fan and still am. However I haven't been posting much in this thread much for a multitude of reasons. One being that talking points either die down fast (probably due to lack of people apart of the thread) or don't interest me or that I I'm busy with my life outside the internet.

As for the fandom, I think it is hard to say if it has died down or not. It could be that people got bored or it could also very well be (as Gaurdian Enzo said) the fan base doesn't overlap well with the Animesuki community, which I actually believe to be the biggest reason. I still know plenty of people (outside of these forums) that love Inuyasha, but they're are the casual anime watchers that don't watch much outside of mainstream shows.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, shounen