4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.66%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-01-15, 01:03   Link #221
coldwarm

Quote:
Well then there would be no story now would there? How would Lelouch go against the Britannian Empire when he has no support because if there's no terrorism, then the populace is more or less docile and has no problems with the Empire, which in turn would be treating them well.
Well let's say Lulu was never there, and suzaku successfullly quill all the resistance, and no one dare to challenge britannia. Now what? Will Suzaku still be useful during the time of peace? Will he be disposed? Just some questions.

Quote:
You know the Emperor's words on "Survival of the fittest" literally says, "Shoot me." Plus, he's 62 years old,
I'd say go for it, shoot him so that the world will change for the better.
coldwarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 01:16   Link #222
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Well let's say Lulu was never there, and suzaku successfullly quill all the resistance, and no one dare to challenge britannia. Now what? Will Suzaku still be useful during the time of peace? Will he be disposed? Just some questions.
Let's be realistic here. We can do all the ifs and ands if we want to and we'll never get anywhere.

Because if Lelouch never was there then Cornelia and Euphie wouldn't be there and Clovis would still be there whose doing God knows what with CC. The thoughts make me shudder.

It'd basically be the romans. In a couple decades, the elevens who became honorary britannians would have descendants that would be born full britannaians. The rest who don't become honorary britannians will past away and the rest of the natives will then be fully assimiliated into Britannains. Since I'm assuming the empire has existed for centuries I'm positive this has been the way it's always been done, especially since we got a look at some of the assimilation plans for Area 11.

Quote:
I'd say go for it, shoot him so that the world will change for the better.
Lelouch is literally on that path which is why I find it the most reasonable path. If he takes control of Britannia, he becomes the most powerful man in the world and can make a safer world for his sister and thus, to everyone.

Afterall, he has the "power of a king"
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 01:23   Link #223
ZombieSheep

I don't think that makes it safer for him or his sister, if he take the power by force and assassination, it will only encourage others to try the same. This is why he aimed for destruction of the empire, because as long as the empire is in power Lulu and his sister won't have peace.
ZombieSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 01:24   Link #224
Eskay

Bah, Lloyde needs to keep Suzaku on a shorter rope. Everytime he runs his mouth about justice and whats wrong/right, i start to dislike him little by little. I was hoping he was gonna have to face his hipocricy in this episode when he was ordered to take out the JLF without mercy. But he caught a break and took his angst out on zero.

I also didnt care for the part where shirly ended up "conviently" at zero's location at the end. Very predictable. Ohh well i suppose she has to find out one way or another. I just hope we're not getting another fllay, and if we are, she needs to be axed fast.

All in all a deacent ep, bonus points for the lulu character development.
Eskay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 01:30   Link #225
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieSheep View Post
I don't think that makes it safer for him or his sister, if he take the power by force and assassination, it will only encourage others to try the same. This is why he aimed for destruction of the empire, because as long as the empire is in power Lulu and his sister won't have peace.
Which begs the question, what happens to the empire? Would it not break up into civil war with numerous factions vying for control? Then you got the EEU and the Chinese Federation who would no doubt love to grab as many former colonies as they can to get their hands on Britannian technology and resources.

No, it's safer if Lelouch takes command of the Empire just as his ancestors have done. Therefore he maintains control. By then he would've eliminated the other family members that would be out to kill him and he would have the power to kill any traitorous wretch.

Quote:
Bah, Lloyde needs to keep Suzaku on a shorter rope. Everytime he runs his mouth about justice and whats wrong/right, i start to dislike him little by little. I was hoping he was gonna have to face his hipocricy in this episode when he was ordered to take out the JLF without mercy. But he caught a break and took his angst out on zero.
A hypocrite is someone who pretends to have a set of beliefs but behaves otherwise. So far he has not done so and we see him struggle with his orders as he wants to maintain his belief(He does not fake that belief, he truely believes in it. Lelouch isn't a hyprocrite either). But yes, Zero saved him that trouble.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 01:46   Link #226
Darkman.exe213
Yurippe is mai waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskay View Post
I also didnt care for the part where shirly ended up "conviently" at zero's location at the end. Very predictable. Ohh well i suppose she has to find out one way or another. I just hope we're not getting another fllay, and if we are, she needs to be axed fast.
Someone else pointed this out.

Spoiler:

As for those who hate Suzaku, I don't see him dying anytime soon, since his personality contrasting Lelouch's is the main theme of the series.

Anyway, I was really impressed with this episode.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-15, 01:49   Link #227
Eskay

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
A hypocrite is someone who pretends to have a set of beliefs but behaves otherwise. So far he has not done so and we see him struggle with his orders as he wants to maintain his belief(He does not fake that belief, he truely believes in it. Lelouch isn't a hyprocrite either). But yes, Zero saved him that trouble.
To me, absolute and blind belief doesnt change the fact that he's helping the side thats going around slaughting the very ppl he's trying so hard to save by "ranking up". Whether intentional or not, he's only shielding himself from the truth of what britania is doing to Japan/Area11 and at the same time helping them along the way while preaching about justice. This qualifies as hipocricy in my book. Anyways, this show needs more Lloyd-san, because he's just too funny.
Old 2007-01-15, 01:53   Link #228
coldwarm

I think this show also need more people who thinks on par with Lulu, so that stuff wont turn out predictable.
Old 2007-01-15, 01:55   Link #229
ZombieSheep

Quote:
Which begs the question, what happens to the empire? Would it not break up into civil war with numerous factions vying for control? Then you got the EEU and the Chinese Federation who would no doubt love to grab as many former colonies as they can to get their hands on Britannian technology and resources.

No, it's safer if Lelouch takes command of the Empire just as his ancestors have done. Therefore he maintains control. By then he would've eliminated the other family members that would be out to kill him and he would have the power to kill any traitorous wretch.
If he does take control he then he and his sister becomes the target of EEU and Chinese Federation, Sure he can rule the empire and have to be on guard all the time (harder than it sounds since he has no real royal generals in the empire, most general would probably rather off Lulu than protect him), but I doubt that's what he really wanted for his sister. he said he wanted her to live her life out in peace.

If the empire is gone, the importance of a supposedly dead prince and princess of the empire loses value; there would be no real reason for EEU and Chinese federation to target Lulu and his sister specifically. Sure, EEU or the Federation would be going for land grab but I doubt they would do much about the civilians as long as they don't fight against them.

Sure, the EEU or Federation may fight each other, but as long as Lulu and his sister don't live near the front line they'll be ok.

The problem why Lulu and his sister can't live in peace is due to the fact that he is in line for the throne (even if they say he is disowned), With the empire thriving, it's natural for people to study or pay more attention to loyalties dead or alive. And that increase the chance of Lulu being discover not dead.

With the fall of the empire the attention on it's royalty will decline and even if he is discovered, as long as it's not military I doubt most people would bother too much to report him. Since he was suppose dead in the first place and has no real influence to the empire's army during it's existence.

The point I'm trying to make is, the only reason why Lulu and his sister must hide is because they are perceived as threats to the world due to their connection to the empire and the war. If the empire is gone, they are no longer part of the war and may run off to whichever end of the planet to live their lives off the way the wanted.
Old 2007-01-15, 01:57   Link #230
Jaruromania

I have a few questions:

1) How did Lelouch manage to slip the bomb on the ship he exploded? I don't recall him having any opportunity to do so.

2) How did Viletta narrow it down to just Lelouch? As I recall, the last time she brought the subject up she could only conclude that it was a male student from Lelouch's school.

3) What are we supposed to know about Mao at this point? She's repeatedly mentioned in blogs, but I don't recall the series revealing anything about her besides that she's there and she met with the Kyoto people.
Jaruromania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 02:03   Link #231
ZombieSheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaruromania View Post
I have a few questions:

1) How did Lelouch manage to slip the bomb on the ship he exploded? I don't recall him having any opportunity to do so.

2) How did Viletta narrow it down to just Lelouch? As I recall, the last time she brought the subject up she could only conclude that it was a male student from Lelouch's school.

3) What are we supposed to know about Mao at this point? She's repeatedly mentioned in blogs, but I don't recall the series revealing anything about her besides that she's there and she met with the Kyoto people.
1. he swim the bomb over there, that's why he has a towel over his head when Kallen walk in on him

2. I assume the picture jar her memory of what the student took her Sutherland look like.

3. not much, not even his name, only that he has head phone and eye shades and smiles happily, probably planning something big.
Old 2007-01-15, 02:03   Link #232
coldwarm

Shizzle, Zombie beat me to it. I was reading my book dammit
Old 2007-01-15, 02:05   Link #233
Eskay

Quote:
I have a few questions:

1. After lulu gives his orders to the black knights he tells kallen/karin he has something to do. Shortly after theres a scene where he's swiming under water placing the bomb.

2. In episode 12 when shirly went to go confirm her fathers demise at Narita, a picture fell out of her wallet that Viletta was using to confirm that she was in deed family to the deceased.

3. No idea, i dont read spoilers beyond whats already been fansubbed.

Edit: lol beaten to the punch...twice.
Old 2007-01-15, 02:05   Link #234
Darkman.exe213
Yurippe is mai waifu

Quote:
I have a few questions:

1) EDIT: looks like it was planted underneath the ship. Don't think the JLF has guards there.(must watch episodes more closely...)

2) She probably couldn't remember his face clearly, but having an actual picture just clicked her memory.(like when you forget something, then someone gives you a hint at it and you suddenly remember it)

3) 1. Mao is a dude.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-15, 02:09   Link #235
Jaruromania

Wow, never expected to even get a single reply this fast, let alone three. Thanks, all!

[EDIT] Wait, is Mao the white haired guy with those big goggle things or the girl (not sure if it's a girl anymore...:-P) who shows up near the beginning of episode 12?
Old 2007-01-15, 02:10   Link #236
Darkman.exe213
Yurippe is mai waifu

Mai is a girl's name. Mao is the goggle dude. And what girl are you talking about?
Old 2007-01-15, 02:17   Link #237
Jaruromania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman.exe213 View Post
Mai is a girl's name.
Typo, sorry. Fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman.exe213 View Post
And what girl are you talking about?
This one.
Old 2007-01-15, 02:30   Link #238
Lumir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX View Post
1) She didn't know it was going to become a full-fledged battlefield (and she mostly stayed out of the way, so she must have been doing something right).

2) She wasn't going after "Lulu's" unit--she was going after Zero. And from her vantage point, a blind monkey would've been able to figure out that Zero was in that unit, what with all of the high-decibel name calling going on between him, Cornelia, Kallen and Suzaku.
1. As soon as the explosions went of and units were deployed it became a full fledged battle, she is not a soldier and is emotionally distressed. It just seemed really fake that she would continue to move around DURRING battle and somehow mysteriusly find zero's unit in that whole complex harbor.

2. Of course she wasnt going after lulu's unit i just said that to clarifiy who i was talking about... And about that "high-decibel" name calling, what if it was over communications? Like radio? Open lines? Even then her goal was to see if lulu was apart of the Black Knights. Not to find zero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkeyesrina View Post
To Lumir & Magus

Please watch the episode carefully or read the full threat before you make any comment. Shirley was taken there by Villeta because she told her that Lelouch was possibly a member of the Order of the Black Knights. Villeta was using her as a bait knowing that this operation was underway and Cornelia will eb there to see which fish will pick up. Now Shirley decided to walk up to the point in which the fight was raging.

Personally I loved this episode. Character development for Lelouch, and a subtle bits for Suzaku and Karen.
What are you trying to get at? I dont disagree with you on any of that, as i too saw the episode... Im just simply stating it seemed too played out/fake, and that i think they could have done a better job.
Old 2007-01-15, 02:46   Link #239
Darkman.exe213
Yurippe is mai waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumir View Post
1. As soon as the explosions went of and units were deployed it became a full fledged battle, she is not a soldier and is emotionally distressed. It just seemed really fake that she would continue to move around DURRING battle and somehow mysteriusly find zero's unit in that whole complex harbor.

2. Of course she wasnt going after lulu's unit i just said that to clarifiy who i was talking about... And about that "high-decibel" name calling, what if it was over communications? Like radio? Open lines? Even then her goal was to see if lulu was apart of the Black Knights. Not to find zero.
1. She was actually pretty close to Lelouch before the battle. Therefore, she was already near Zero when the battle started.

2. Hmmm....you have a point there. But Zero lost to Suzaku because:

1) He had an inferrior unit.
2) He was an inferior pilot.
3)His unit was already on the ground when the cockpit was ejected. It'd be senseless to send him flying into the air.

That's why he landed near Shirley. Obviously, she wants Zero dead at this point, and the gun she found just tempted her to kill him.
Old 2007-01-15, 02:50   Link #240
tritoch

Its interesting how people could hate Suzuka and not Lelouch.

Imho, the show is trying to compare/contrast Lulu and Suzu's circumstances and by the look of things, they're pretty much even on the Lunacy scale.

Shirley was near the vicinity already. It was the other way around Lumir. Lulu pushed Cornelia into that particular harbor complex. Shirley stayed in the same place. Just that.. people stumbled to where she was. =p
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote