AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-09-11, 04:27   Link #101
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

So I decided to delay this show when I realized that it would hit hard when watching on a weekly basis while I was doing a considerably more stressful activity (i.e., bachelor's thesis). Now, I've managed to make it through the very end of my life as a student, and there's an opportunity to look into the story of Blue Period with a different perspective.

Even though Blue Period tackled the turbulent transition of Yatora from "something that fits" to "something he wants" by pursuing an art degree, the lessons we get from the story may also apply to life-changing decisions that seem to be the bad choice to others. The road ahead is painful, uncertain and can even eat you from the inside. However, the struggles are worth it as it strengthens one's character and also fulfills what one's heart wants, something that the "easy road" may not truly provide.

Extra kudos to Ryuji being a well-written character. Also both Saeki-sensei and Ooba-sensei are charming characters and respectable mentors.

The story structure reminds me of Deaimon in that there's a specific plot point that drives the pacing of the anime adaptation. Fortunately, like Deaimon, the whole journey, accelerated as it is, was well worth it.

ENTRY #450 GET.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote