AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-03, 09:28   Link #421
itzglez
♫♫♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Is it just me, or even the manga has got yuri scenes subtly scattered across it too?

From Vol 3, Chpt 7, Pg 6.

And that panel by itself is just so.....perfect.
I was wondering long ago who would bring this up
Old 2010-09-03, 15:23   Link #422
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

what class year do you think Yui,Mio,Ritsu, and Mugi are in? 2012 or 2011?? If they were actually following the real year, soo they started 10th grade in 2009?
Old 2010-09-03, 15:33   Link #423
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
what class year do you think Yui,Mio,Ritsu, and Mugi are in? 2012 or 2011?? If they were actually following the real year, soo they started 10th grade in 2009?
The manga started in 2007, so I think you should count from there.
Old 2010-09-03, 15:45   Link #424
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
The manga started in 2007, so I think you should count from there.
oh good point >;D so i would say class 2009? maybe
Old 2010-09-03, 16:04   Link #425
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

2010 since the the first school year would be 2007-08 followed by 2008-09, and lastly 2009-10. (which means they should have started college in our world)
Old 2010-09-05, 03:31   Link #426
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBoon View Post
So, yeah, there's this question I've been wondering about these past few days. With all the competitive fandom over Azusa and Mio, what if... Azusa has her role switched with Mio, such that she first appears in the first episode, and Mio first appears in the eighth? Would the fanboys have liked Mio as much as they do today, but in terms of her personality rather than her moeness (which would not be emphasized as much if she was to appear later in the series, like Azusa)?

I guess Mio is moe no matter how much that is covered up. It's her personality, after all, and through character development (irregardless of how little there is), her moeness would shine through in a matter of time. It's just ironic that with Azusa, lesser screentime in the first season meant more character development for her in the second (due to the writers wanting to show more of Azusa to make up for her lack of screentime), so that might ring true if Mio was in her position, not having as much screentime as well?

Of course, I guess you could always think about what this means to Azusa, too... if you want. I just care about what would happen to Mio. Azusa being Ritsu's bestfriend would've probably mean less pain for the former's head, though. Heh.
Everyone have a different taste so it does not matter, i think. At least for me...

For example, among the five, Yui and Azu-nyan never get our of the two bottom ranking for me. It basically was all about Ritsu, Mugi and Mio being shuffled up and down
Old 2010-09-05, 22:00   Link #427
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

I sometimes asked myself once...

I know Yui is the master of procrastination and Ui is like...the master of anything you throw at her. But isnt that impossible in real life?
Old 2010-09-06, 10:07   Link #428
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
I sometimes asked myself once...

I know Yui is the master of procrastination and Ui is like...the master of anything you throw at her. But isnt that impossible in real life?
Why would it be impossible? :P Yui just doesn't do anything leaving Ui to handle all the responsibility. Since it's not as evenly distributed, Ui acquired experience in doing everything including taking care of Yui. She acquired the ability of everything
Old 2010-09-06, 21:42   Link #429
wistfulloner

A quick question: Why did Jun suddenly change her mind about going to get baking ingredients in EP22 when the trio were baking a cake?
Old 2010-09-06, 23:21   Link #430
TakuanInc.
loves Marisa Kirisame.

Send a message via MSN to TakuanInc. Send a message via Yahoo to TakuanInc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wistfulloner View Post
A quick question: Why did Jun suddenly change her mind about going to get baking ingredients in EP22 when the trio were baking a cake?
It was cold outside.
Old 2010-09-07, 01:14   Link #431
Kudryavka

Is this a legit box set? Has the anime already been released in English?
http://www.playtech-asia.com/product...oducts_id=1495
Old 2010-09-07, 02:54   Link #432
Sparvid
*hic*

Hmm, doesn't look like that.
Google gave this result about that site: http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question...9165940AAV9smE
Old 2010-09-07, 04:56   Link #433
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
Why would it be impossible? :P Yui just doesn't do anything leaving Ui to handle all the responsibility. Since it's not as evenly distributed, Ui acquired experience in doing everything including taking care of Yui. She acquired the ability of everything
Like I said...Power of Everything...that's Ui for you. And it's like saying...

Yui is the cursed one Y_Y damn comparison.
Old 2010-09-07, 05:13   Link #434
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Question:

- Mugi mentioned that Yui's hair is not quite long enough to tie to the back.

- Ui, when she lets her hair down, looks nearly identical to Yui, down to the hair.

- Ui can tie her hair to the back.

Inconsistency? Or is Yui's hair actually thicker so that it's harder to move or something?
Old 2010-09-07, 05:17   Link #435
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
Question:

- Ui, when she lets her hair down, looks nearly identical to Yui, down to the hair.

Inconsistency? Or is Yui's hair actually thicker so that it's harder to move or something?
Yui should be able to tie to the back. I have super thick nape length hair, and it can get into a little ponytail. Maybe Ui's is just a bit longer than Yui's, enough so to achieve her teeny tail.
Old 2010-09-07, 07:29   Link #436
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
Question:

Or maybe Mugi just doesn't like tiny ponytails and secretly wishes both Hirasawa sisters would wear their hair down.
Old 2010-09-07, 09:26   Link #437
TakuanInc.
loves Marisa Kirisame.

Send a message via MSN to TakuanInc. Send a message via Yahoo to TakuanInc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT View Post
Or maybe Mugi just doesn't like tiny ponytails and secretly wishes both Hirasawa sisters would wear their hair down.
Or maybe she was thinking of Ritsu the whole time.
Old 2010-09-10, 03:33   Link #438
wistfulloner

I don't know if this has been asked before, but how is it possible that Yui is studying a grade higher than her sister? Yui's birthday is November 27th, Ui's is Febuary 22nd; either those are in the same year and both sisters will be studying in the same grade(Ui is older than Yui), or, since Yui is older, Yui will be 2 grades ahead of Ui, both of which are non-canon. Yui being just 3 months ahead of Ui is clearly impossible, even if they were twins.

Old 2010-09-10, 05:04   Link #439
zette

Quote:
Originally Posted by wistfulloner View Post
I don't know if this has been asked before, but how is it possible that Yui is studying a grade higher than her sister? Yui's birthday is November 27th, Ui's is Febuary 22nd; either those are in the same year and both sisters will be studying in the same grade(Ui is older than Yui), or, since Yui is older, Yui will be 2 grades ahead of Ui, both of which are non-canon. Yui being just 3 months ahead of Ui is clearly impossible, even if they were twins.

Yeah, I read this on tvtropes before and there's some crazy theories about how Ui is actually the older sister but got held back a year in primary school because having to take care of Yui rendered her unable to focus on schoolwork.

Here's the link (look for the section on "Ui is older than Yui"). At the last part of the section there is a pretty sound explanation to this whole thing:

"IIRC, anyone born before the start of the new school year in Japan goes to school with those born in the year before them, so in other words, people born from April 1 to March 31 are all in the same school year. This makes Yui and Ui being 15 months apart in age and one year apart in school understandable."

So yeah, basically Yui is 15 months older than Ui but the school system in Japan makes it so that Ui is just one year apart from Yui in school. Either that, or whoever created the character profiles didn't think it through properly.
Old 2010-09-10, 12:22   Link #440
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by zette View Post
Yeah, I read this on tvtropes before and there's some crazy theories about how Ui is actually the older sister but got held back a year in primary school because having to take care of Yui rendered her unable to focus on schoolwork.

Here's the link (look for the section on "Ui is older than Yui"). At the last part of the section there is a pretty sound explanation to this whole thing:

"IIRC, anyone born before the start of the new school year in Japan goes to school with those born in the year before them, so in other words, people born from April 1 to March 31 are all in the same school year. This makes Yui and Ui being 15 months apart in age and one year apart in school understandable."

So yeah, basically Yui is 15 months older than Ui but the school system in Japan makes it so that Ui is just one year apart from Yui in school. Either that, or whoever created the character profiles didn't think it through properly.
Mio makes that theory correct.

She's almost 6 months younger than Mugi and her birthday is before the start of the new school year (everyone else has it after). Yet, she's in the same class as the other girls. This means that Ui cannot be mere 3 months younger than Yui, but a year and 3 months, since they're not in the same class.

Also, I think there's a typo there. It says April 1 to March 31, but I assume that's supposed to be January 1 to March 31.

Tags
q&a