AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Old 2004-10-08, 09:42   Link #61
Meatwad
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift_
There is 3 mangas.

Full Metal Panic!, Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu and Full Metal Panic! 2.

So perhaps they'll make a 3rd season.
Just as long as it isn't as shitty as fumoffu...fumoffu had to be the single WORST attempt to make a "comedy" EVER.....the writer needed to stick to his STRENGHTS, and COMEDY was DEFINATLY no one of them....if it is ANYTHING like that, I'll just have to pass on FMP3
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 00:12   Link #62
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatwad
Just as long as it isn't as shitty as fumoffu...fumoffu had to be the single WORST attempt to make a "comedy" EVER.....the writer needed to stick to his STRENGHTS, and COMEDY was DEFINATLY no one of them....if it is ANYTHING like that, I'll just have to pass on FMP3

I guess you were the only one not laughing when watching FMP fumoffu....
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 09:53   Link #63
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

And he's probably not going to like FMP Second Raid...same director and animation studio doing Second Raid as Fumoffu
Old 2004-10-09, 10:57   Link #64
KoopaTroopa

I liked the animation from the first series, it looked more smoother & natural to me. The way Kaname & Sousuke looked way better too, but Fumoffu wasn't that bad. Just being picky I guess, but I'll still watch Second Raid.
KoopaTroopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 13:33   Link #65
Meatwad
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooseman
I guess you were the only one not laughing when watching FMP fumoffu....
nope, I know PLENTY of ppl that didn't like it as well, it was just washed up comedy left over from the original, no plot or anything, not worth watching....I don't mind comedy, I even LIKE a little comedy, but using the SAME JOKES over and over is just really STUPID, as long as the add some PLOT to the new one, it won't be so bad....

Do you like hearing the SAME JOKE over and over and over and over...well that is all FMP2 was, so if you liked FMP2, you are someone who is EASILY amused...
Old 2004-10-09, 18:36   Link #66
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Sure hope you don't attempt to read the novels, because considering Fumoffu was actually a part of the original FMP's storyline, it might throw you for a loop :P

As for liking Fumoffu, it was a change of pace style for what you were used to seeing the FMP cast as, it's basically all fanservice because it's the FMP cast in situations they normally wouldn't be found in exactly...and honestly, I really dislike being called simple and easily amused for liking a specific anime series, especially from someone using an ATHF persona.
Old 2004-10-10, 11:36   Link #67
Meatwad
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCntry
Sure hope you don't attempt to read the novels, because considering Fumoffu was actually a part of the original FMP's storyline, it might throw you for a loop :P

As for liking Fumoffu, it was a change of pace style for what you were used to seeing the FMP cast as, it's basically all fanservice because it's the FMP cast in situations they normally wouldn't be found in exactly...and honestly, I really dislike being called simple and easily amused for liking a specific anime series, especially from someone using an ATHF persona.
well...you must be easily amused :P...pretty much all of it was pulled OUT of context of the series and should not have been a standalone series. It would not have been so bad INSIDE the main series, but leaving it out then making it by itself just seems to bring back and overuse stuff that was already over with....
Old 2004-10-10, 18:59   Link #68
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatwad
well...you must be easily amused :P...pretty much all of it was pulled OUT of context of the series and should not have been a standalone series. It would not have been so bad INSIDE the main series, but leaving it out then making it by itself just seems to bring back and overuse stuff that was already over with....

Well, I'm not easily amused, I just enjoyed FMP Fumoffu

Maybe you should read the manga [if you haven't], and I'll have you know that I only watched it for the enjoyment; sad thing is, I'm not the only one who hated the ending for being so, well, lame if I must say.

I really didn't like the ending.

I'll also have you know part of my amusement is others downfalls. But of course, I learned not to go out of control...
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-30, 13:55   Link #69
Late
Peelo

Quote:
New Full Metal Panic (2004-10-29 17:31:27)
Kadokowa Shoten has officially announced that a new Full Metal Panic! TV series, Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid, is to be produced. The series will once again be directed by Yasuhiro Takemoto, but is expected to be a serious adaptation of the two Full Metal Panic! Owaru Day By Day novels. Source: MoonPhase
Taken from animenewsnetwork.com

I'm really thrilled about this because I really liked FMP and Fumoffu.
Late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-02, 20:13   Link #70
richardwjwong
Secret Admirer of Chidori

Send a message via MSN to richardwjwong
What are u talking FMP? being not plotted and doing the same jokes over and over again? FMP? is the most funniest anime I ever watched. It's well-plotted and brilliants on the joke. Also I don't know if it's me or everyone else, I thought of FMP very boring until the end, u know when the ship got taken over? Quite in contrary, I found FMP?F a lot more interesting then FMP and I spent whole afternoon watching FMP?F. And FMP? is also the only anime that made me actually open my drawer and watch them again. I am freaking glad that FMP3 is going to be directe by the same group directed FMP? Period.
richardwjwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 16:44   Link #71
elniro

Send a message via MSN to elniro
Yep it's official new series is being produced, just like late said.

Now if only they would hurry up and release an excellent boxset
elniro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 20:05   Link #72
Reaver4k
Lucy's "Play Thing"

Send a message via MSN to Reaver4k
When Will it be Aired?? I must know!!

Fumoffu was just funny, I liked it very much.
Reaver4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 05:14   Link #73
elniro

Send a message via MSN to elniro
It's not going to be aired any time soon i dont think, they're still in the stages of producing it
And its going to follow along the lines on the first series
elniro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 23:33   Link #74
donna8157

I can't wait to see the third series, I absolutely love the characters in "Full Metal Panic" and I heard that Tessa's big brother is going to show up, too.
donna8157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 03:51   Link #75
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakuya87
Where do you watch the Full Metal Panic? Can you show me where you guys watch or read it from?
http://www.advfilms.com
http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com
http://www.rightstuf.com

ETC...
Old 2004-11-30, 19:51   Link #76
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Heh I picked up #4 English up on Amazon for $4.00 plus 2.5S/H.
Now that was a deal!
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 22:34   Link #77
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Quote:
Originally Posted by donna8157
I can't wait to see the third series, I absolutely love the characters in "Full Metal Panic" and I heard that Tessa's big brother is going to show up, too.
Spoiler:
eMpTy265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 00:37   Link #78
Colonel-

Send a message via AIM to Colonel-
Wait... i thought they were Shadows... Or were they Venoms? I kinda forgot.
Colonel- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 10:52   Link #79
JokerBlue

3 new characters not in the novel will appear... 2 girls one guy
JokerBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 13:03   Link #80
Ombrenuit
Day Dreams...

Send a message via AIM to Ombrenuit Send a message via MSN to Ombrenuit
I think the two seasons were filling enough. More would be just too much. I'd feel bloated.
Ombrenuit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
there is a god!