AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kill La Kill

Notices

View Poll Results: Kill La Kill - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 12 26.09%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 32.61%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 36.96%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 4.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-01-10, 00:39   Link #41
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Came in expecting motivation episode. Did not expect motivation to come from kicking the heroine at the worst possible moment.

Once I realized it was Nui (slightly surprised), I also realized how the plot handled Mako was really smooth: She got Mako caught by the Discipline Committee and sent to battle. Convenient way to shuffle Mako into the next areas Ryoko will be appearing, and it also got her out of the way when Nui revealed herself to Ryoko.

What I can't get a read on is Satsuki and Ryoko's "relationship". While she did steal the scraps of Senketsu to use for her army, she didn't have to save Ryoko's life to do that. This raises the "frenemy" flag...but I can't help but feel there's more to it than that.
Old 2014-01-10, 00:51   Link #42
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
and now she has to go thru all japan gathering back up her kamui.
Shouldn't be too difficult to find them. She's got a way of tracking them (the left over scrap of Senketsu, which if my plot sense doesn't fail me, either has more Banshi than the others, or has [n]one but still manages to communicate with Ryuko in some way), and odds are the captured remains will be delivered to the Four Devas. They're the only ones who haven't been given their final Goku Unis, remember? That also suggests that Inumuta (the only one remaining in Honnouji) will be the first to fall. That should shake up the intel and communications for the other three, which could have interesting consequences if Kansai aren't quite the pushovers that might be expected, considering the Devas are somewhat depowered right now...

My guess is that Ryuko fights Inumuta to get his portion of Senketsu back, helped, of course, by Stripper-sensei and Inumuta's own portion of Senketsu. The resultant kink in the information chain disrupts the efforts in the other cities, allowing the Kansai forces to gain enough of a foothold that Ryuko has to fight through them to get to the other three Devas, who will of course have their own "SenGoku" Uniforms by that time (anyone with a moderate understanding of Japanese history will understand that pun and the high likelihood that the show itself will use it).

Which is all part of Satsuki's plan, of course... ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
...I also realized how the plot handled Mako was really smooth: She got Mako caught by the Discipline Committee and sent to battle. Convenient way to shuffle Mako into the next areas Ryoko will be appearing...
Mako/Ira flag raised, BTW.

Even Gamagoori knows she's more likely to be a hindrance than an asset on this trip, even as a grunt, but he still couldn't put her in Time Out... How sweet... ^_^

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2014-01-10 at 01:11.
Old 2014-01-10, 01:18   Link #43
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

how will do to combat Maito now Senketsu is destroyed :'(
Old 2014-01-10, 01:46   Link #44
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
how will do to combat Maito now Senketsu is destroyed :'(
Hot blood and manly tears.
Old 2014-01-10, 03:18   Link #45
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Some excellent twists this episode. I loved the scene of Satsuki meeting her mother, and Nui has proven to be an excellent X Factor character that just keeps pulling great surprises. One of Kill La Kill's real strengths is having important secondary characters that can cause serious problems for even the major characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post

What I can't get a read on is Satsuki and Ryoko's "relationship". While she did steal the scraps of Senketsu to use for her army, she didn't have to save Ryoko's life to do that. This raises the "frenemy" flag...but I can't help but feel there's more to it than that.
Satsuki seems rather meritocratic in her thinking. No matter how low Ryoko might be now, she did recently defeat three of the Elite 4 without a significant rest break. So Satsuki probably thinks it would be a total waste for Ryoko to get killed here, and is holding out some hope that Ryoko might still (continue to) prove to be interesting or valuable.

Alternatively, maybe Satsuki just has a thing for Ryoko, if you catch my drift.
Old 2014-01-10, 06:46   Link #46
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Anyone felt that Nui's stunt was frighteningly similar to what happened at the end of Panty & Stocking ?

Step 1: "I'm really a demon/your sworn enemy!"
Step 2: Cut something into very small pieces
Step 3: Someone else has to recollect all the pieces
Step 4:

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Old 2014-01-10, 07:20   Link #47
Candyshark

I personally big fan of hero loosing the source of their power as long they don't end "miraculously" getting them back. I hope Mako won't be used as a bait for Ryuuko to pull herself together. Please no more Ryuuko kicking Elite Four; time for new faces to step in.

I was always under impression Senketsu was state of the art creation. Something that can't be replicated. Otherwise why not simply steal it. And I'm more interested about "spiritual" state of Senketsu. Is it a whole, will new Frankenstein arise or Transcendent.
Old 2014-01-10, 07:27   Link #48
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post
I personally big fan of hero loosing the source of their power as long they don't end "miraculously" getting them back. I hope Mako won't be used as a bait for Ryuuko to pull herself together. Please no more Ryuuko kicking Elite Four; time for new faces to step in.
I think that's not a risk. They even avoided to get a third Ryuko vs. Sanageyama rematch with the arrival of Nui. These writers are people who know what they're doing, this change of stage will probably mean new enemies. The Elite Four might actually be allies this time around.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Old 2014-01-10, 08:02   Link #49
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
their own "SenGoku" Uniforms by that time (anyone with a moderate understanding of Japanese history will understand that pun and the high likelihood that the show itself will use it).
I wrote this post over in the General Discussion thread about historical referents in Kill la Kill. I mused about whether the events at Honnouji Academy have parallels to the Sengoku period. Consider the name "Honnouji," which is also the name of the shrine where Oda Nobunaga apparently committed suicide. Are Satsuki and her Elite Four representations of Oda and his four key generals? What does that make Ragyo? Tokugawa Ieyasu? Or perhaps Ragyo is Nobunaga and Satsuki is Akechi, the apparently loyal general who eventually stages the coup that ends Nobunaga's reign?

I won't push this too far, but Nakashima has already written one historical script. I'm sure he didn't choose words like "Honnouji" and "SenGoku" by accident.
Old 2014-01-10, 09:00   Link #50
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post

I won't push this too far, but Nakashima has already written one historical script. I'm sure he didn't choose words like "Honnouji" and "SenGoku" by accident.
There's a lot of similarity between Satsuki and Oda Nobunaga. Afterall, there's no better historical model for a conqueror / lord type character as prominent as Nobunaga himeself. Sanageyama is most probably modeled after Sanada Yukimura while Nonon might have taken name based on Nohime (Oda's wife).
However, i think it's connection to sengoku era may be looser than other animes that have taken inspiration from that era. Ragyo/REVOCS/Nudist Beach is probably build around something different while the school is themed after sengoku.

Last edited by Jazzrat; 2014-01-10 at 09:40.
Old 2014-01-10, 09:31   Link #51
ookamigirl

Matoi was acting totally out of character.
It was weird seeing her lose her way, her goal.
Looks like she's worried about the rampage thing.
I'm awed by cheerfulness of Mako's family.
Damn, Matoi just can't seem to get rid of Nui.
It was the worst possible time for her appearance.
That girl is one scary opponent.
Things didn't turn out predictable this time..

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2014-01-10, 10:53   Link #52
Anime Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post
I was always under impression Senketsu was state of the art creation. Something that can't be replicated. Otherwise why not simply steal it. And I'm more interested about "spiritual" state of Senketsu. Is it a whole, will new Frankenstein arise or Transcendent.

Satsuki's Junketsu was already finished when she was very young. That made her outfit very old. Yet, Satsuki was on par with, if not outright stronger than, Ryoko's Senketsu. So I don't really see how Senketsu is state-of-the-art.

If anything, Ragyo's kamui would be much more advanced compared to both Satsuki's and Ryoko's.

I can see why people might draw the parallel that Satsuki is Nobunaga. Sanageyama is often called mountain monkey (because of his name in kanji). As it happens, Hideyoshi, one of Nobunaga's most able generals, was also given the nickname of monkey. Inumuta, with the dog (inu) in his name, would likely be Maeda Toshiie. Maeda, who was known for his skill with the spear, was given the nickname of dog by Nobunaga.

Last edited by Anime Online; 2014-01-10 at 11:14.
Old 2014-01-10, 13:28   Link #53
Wandering Soul

This episode was worth the wait Nui continues showing how dangerous she can be and I like Satsuki's meeting with her mother. Her mother's speech on clothing was also interesting. Now I want to see how Ryoko handles herself without Senketsu I just hope she doesn't get her power back through some BS Deus ex machina.
Old 2014-01-10, 14:21   Link #54
immblueversion

Oh yeah, that reminds me: what will Ryuko wear without Senketsu? That old jacket of hers, maybe?

I just know what you should be doing.
Old 2014-01-10, 15:31   Link #55
Gravitas Free Zone

I miss that jacket and would like to see it again.
Old 2014-01-10, 15:40   Link #56
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Did Ryuko lost because Mako wasn't there?
Old 2014-01-10, 23:27   Link #57
SinsI

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Oh yeah, that reminds me: what will Ryuko wear without Senketsu? That old jacket of hers, maybe?
It was destroyed by Senketsu. All she has are Mako's old pajamas.

Of course, she might get a 0-star Goku Uniform.
Old 2014-01-11, 00:14   Link #58
Iron Maw
Banned

So I guess were back to square one how huh?

Honestly I was knew Senketsu would probably die one point (most likely at the end), mainly because his type of character usually tend to. I didn't expect happen so soon though.

The twist was pretty decent, but it would more effective had she kept her disguise longer and did a little more than just cut up Ryuuko's Kamui.

Eitherway another good episode.
Old 2014-01-11, 00:19   Link #59
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
After that whole "clothing is sin" thing, I realized that meant that the Abrahamic God is naked…that means heaven is spending eternity with some buff naked dude with a beard...

Moving on to something more relevant…In the words of M. Night Shyamalan, what a twist! I'm not referring to the newspaper dude being Nui…that was obvious. I'm talking about Senketsu's "death". I wonder how she'll recover from this…

Really, though. I can't get enough of Nui Harime. Yukarin's Voice Acting as her is quite fun.

Also…the Nudist Beach Cell Phone…where can I get one?
I got tricked by that actually lol. I thought he was going to be a new main boy character Well... I got totally schooled

Also if Satsuki is Nobunaga, what does that make Ryuko??? ... Ieyasu? You guys all know about how Nobunaga spared Ieyasu and then he ended up joining him (Samurai Warriors 3ds game history lessons for the win ) I never really noticed that before, so if this whole parallel is true, which it probably is, my interest in this show just went way up... ironically we have three nobunaga shows going on at once this winter season
Old 2014-01-11, 00:44   Link #60
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

seriously final boss is Satsuki's mother ? maybe

Satsuki and her mother's scene is........

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Yeah she realy love clothes