AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-19, 23:44   Link #10521
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Touma looking cool when beaten??
What were the general opinion when Aqua tore Touma into a broken mop back then?
The general opinion was that he should have been turned into a vegetable at the very least, and yet he remarkably () wasn't.
Old 2011-05-19, 23:45   Link #10522
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
No, that just screams God Mode Sue to me.
Implying that it still was not his epic moment and probably the most epic thing in Raildex
Old 2011-05-19, 23:45   Link #10523
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Aleister did not point out which exact step that Fiamma messed up on.
But we can point out the two differences between Fiamma and Aleister.

First, Fiamma does not comprehend the true essence of the Right Hand, the IB, and the entity inside Touma. Although Fiamma can comprehend them, he failed to do so due to his outdated Aeon.

Second, Fiamma is only trying to refresh or re-tune the world into a clean state without applying his own vision into this reconstruction of world order and still uses Christianity to run the world after the resonctsruction. Fiamma is following the god's blue print but Aleister is trying to replace that blue print with something else.

My own assumption on what Fiamma had messed up base on the above two points:

1. Taking Touma's right hand might not be the right thing to do. Or he didn't use the right hand in a correct manner.
2. Following the god's blue print limited Fiamma's own power output. Aren't you trying to be La Persona superiore a Dio? Then why are you still following the god's rule?

And I think the killer is the second point.
Fiamma didn't think outside of the box. Setting the "negativity of the world" as his enemy is an extension of this short sightedness. He still value his power against this world of god, when he could disregard this world entirely and transcends above it.
So, despite all his effort and achieving god like power, he screwed up because he chose to be a mortal.
But was Fianma even wanting to be la Persona? All he wanted was "save the world"
Old 2011-05-19, 23:49   Link #10524
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
But was Fianma even wanting to be la Persona? All he wanted was "save the world"
But didn't the latter require the former in Fiamma's mind?
Old 2011-05-20, 01:57   Link #10525
tsunade666

I didn't expect Bardway to be in vol 18. I thought she first appeared in vol 22 but it looks like she appeared briefly here.

Quote:
In a certain place, the boss of a magic cabal with its headquarters in the United Kingdom sighed. The girl of about 12 was half in shock over the emergency to the magic business.
“Boss. What do we do?”
“Idiot. You aren’t hoping we’re just going to give in to our youth and take part in this war, are you? She said we could ‘return’ it, so that’s all we have to do.”
“Couldn’t we take this chance to try to analyze Curtana?”
“If we try anything, it’ll just piss off the old hag in the crown. We need to stay out of this, stay under the radar, and keep an eye on this from the outside.”
“I see. But, boss, your sister, Miss Patricia, already left looking quite excited.”
“Then get her back here, you idiot!!”
The magic cabal boss’s voice echoed through the London night.

Last edited by tsunade666; 2011-05-20 at 12:05.
Old 2011-05-20, 04:17   Link #10526
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Why do I imagine Aya Hirano or Harumi Sakurai (Yurippe, Angel Beats!) to be cast as Bardway?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-05-20, 05:35   Link #10527
Zakoo

Evil laugh?
Old 2011-05-20, 06:15   Link #10528
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Why do I imagine Aya Hirano or Harumi Sakurai (Yurippe, Angel Beats!) to be cast as Bardway?
But Harumi Sakurai's already casted as Awaki. Only person I see who took two roles in this series was Endo Aya, and Awaki's a 'relatively major' supporting character in the 3rd season
Old 2011-05-20, 07:04   Link #10529
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Aw man.... :< And it was perfect too...
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2011-05-20, 08:38   Link #10530
faiz blaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
But Harumi Sakurai's already casted as Awaki. Only person I see who took two roles in this series was Endo Aya, and Awaki's a 'relatively major' supporting character in the 3rd season
Actually Ryoka Yuzuki also has a double role (she voiced Oriana and Konori's friend in Railgun).

As for Bardway's Seiyuu, I still don't know much about her character, so there is not much I can say about it. All that I am going to say is that I am hoping to see Nana Mizuki eventually voice one of Touma's love interests (actually, I wished they had cast her for Itsuwa's role).
Old 2011-05-20, 10:13   Link #10531
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

On the topic of Bardway's VA... Somehow I had pictured Aoi Yuki in her Victorique voice...

And just for fun, Takitsubo with be voiced by Hanazawa Kana... Say wahhhh ?! Well it's either her or Horie Yui... Every good JC Staff production needs a Horie Yui as a side character

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz blaster View Post

As for Bardway's Seiyuu, I still don't know much about her character, so there is not much I can say about it. All that I am going to say is that I am hoping to see Nana Mizuki eventually voice one of Touma's love interests (actually, I wished they had cast her for Itsuwa's role).

Mizuki Nana = Lessar

...No, even better-

Spoiler:

...Thought not exactly what you've wanted, but it's not like we have any new romance interest for Touma since Itsuwa... I don't know if Lessar counts.
Old 2011-05-20, 11:00   Link #10532
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
...Thought not exactly what you've wanted, but it's not like we have any new romance interest for Touma since Itsuwa... I don't know if Lessar counts.
Then is rape interest?
Old 2011-05-20, 11:52   Link #10533
Karna
just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Implying that it still was not his epic moment and probably the most epic thing in Raildex
Flying a battleship into an archangel is pretty freaking badass.
Old 2011-05-20, 15:07   Link #10534
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

V.18 Ch. 8 part 5.
Old 2011-05-20, 15:38   Link #10535
NightGale

Quote:
So now Kamijou Touma is synonym for canonball man...
Old 2011-05-20, 17:04   Link #10536
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightGale View Post
about Index
Nevermind the fact that you don't seem to understand how science works and that theories and concepts are never lost and are merely improved upon (there's a difference between peer-reviewed papers, even those not published, and crack theories, you know -- the former go to the history books, the latter go to the dustbin. New experiments are also constantly being designed to try and challenge existing models), Index's death would only mean that Necessarius would need to create a new grimoire library. Laura already has that covered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightGale View Post
However automatic a counter-system may be, it´s dependent on a database from which to take references and which process to make decisions. It may be true that this specific database is firmly etched in the HR; but, it´s uses are limited, you may argue that the HR is invincible, but it has use limits. If that wasn´t the case, Fiamma wouldn´t have proceeded with such a roundabout method to “save the world, from the enemy that must be defeated”, if it was truly perfect, it would have destroyed that enemy the moment it tried to harm the world, even if Fiamma wasn´t aware of that enemy existence. That´s precisely why Fiamma researched those limits, so as to bring the maximum benefit and nullify whatever backslash may be produced from a wrong handling of such power.
Let's end the debate on developmental biology, genetics, embryology, biochemistry, physics, statistics and whatnot, since as someone who has taken courses on these, I can guarantee that we will never see eye to eye the moment you said that there can be no randomness in matters of probability. Just as an example, there is even an experiment that utilizes Maxwell's demon, a concept that's based on the random movements of particles and would seem (only at first glance) to go against thermodynamics, to convert information to energy. Let's just agree to disagree or w/e.

However, I cannot let this misinformation regarding Fiamma slide. Why do you insist on creating your own version of canon? The Holy Right is a very simple existence. It is none of these things. It simply defeats. If there is no enemy, it cannot showcase its power to defeat. The same is true with the Imagine Breaker. If there is no supernatural power, it cannot showcase its ability to negate the supernatural. Index's knowledge was only used to allow Fiamma to use it indefinitely. At its base state (Volume 16), it's uses aren't limited. You are misinterpreting the text -- it just has a limit on the number of times it can be used (the difference is that your interpretation implies that there is something aside from IB it cannot defeat, or that it cannot be used to perform certain feats that are within its capability; the latter correctly states that it can do anything it is allowed to do as its description states, only that it can only be brought out a certain number of times). There is no database or whatnot. This isn't Accelerator's Reflect we're talking about here.

Let me stress the important point again: If there is no enemy, it cannot showcase its power to defeat. The enemy itself is decided by Fiamma. And another thing about the Holy Right: the enemy it recognizes and the target it is used against may differ. Due to this, it gains power from the enemy it recognizes and it can use that power to defeat another target. Say, for example, Fiamma sets the world as the enemy. The Holy Right would amass power enough to defeat the world, and Fiamma can then use that power to swat an innocent housefly. Fiamma controls the Holy Right using his own right hand. That is why Aleister Crowley first decided to blast away his entire right arm before he could react. This act resulted in Fiamma being unable to control the Holy Right, as the epilogue states:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_to_Small_Fire
Even though this is no longer something he can control, he can still fight.
Note the difference between this description above and the earlier one from before he was struck by Crowley:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_to_Small_Fire
Even if Fiamma’s hand holds a special power, under its limitations and fighting the enemies that will appear one after another, one day it will be all used up.
And again, you completely misunderstand Fiamma's actions. He isn't trying to "save the world, from the enemy that must be defeated", as there is no enemy that's trying to harm the world. He's trying to save the world by defeating the enemy that must be defeated. There is a very big difference there. The first is saying that there is an enemy that threatens the world. The second says that the world can be saved through the defeat of a certain enemy, but it does not at all hint that such an enemy exists in the first place. Yes, Fiamma's problem is that such an enemy does not exist. Therefore, Fiamma made a plan that would bring out this enemy. Of course, we all know how that turned out. Why don't we go over Volume 22 again?
Spoiler for Broken_Right_Hand:

Spoiler for Rebirth_The...:

Spoiler for Star_of_Bethlehem:

Then, in the epilogue, we see the very slight difference between Fiamma and Aleister Crowley's methods:
Spoiler for Silent_to_Small_Fire:

Anyway, I may not be replying for a long time, so don't expect anything, eh?
Old 2011-05-20, 17:08   Link #10537
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
A great number of figures flew through the air either to protect the empty-handed queen or to act as weapons. The figures were not just magicians. A maid who clearly did not know anything about magic aimed for Carissa from over 10 meters up in the air and a businessman wearing a suit knocked down a giant spike that had been created out of dimensional wreckage. The mixture of the normal world and the magic world created a never-before-seen stage.
Normal badass people.
Old 2011-05-20, 17:28   Link #10538
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Giant Walls Of TEXT
Old 2011-05-20, 17:30   Link #10539
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Giant Walls Of TEXT
That much color... is so fabulous .

Quote:
There was a possibility some people interpreted it as the queen borrowing the power of the mysterious dinosaur hiding in Loch Ness.
Ehh.... What?

Last edited by Miraluka; 2011-05-20 at 17:50.
Old 2011-05-20, 19:02   Link #10540
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
A maid who clearly did not know anything about magic aimed for Carissa from over 10 meters up in the air and a businessman wearing a suit knocked down a giant spike that had been created out of dimensional wreckage.
Reminds me of the last scene in Shaolin Soccer.

Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen