AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-10-25, 07:05   Link #121
Hikari no Clover

Hikaru no go
Ichigo 100%
Hikari no Clover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 08:56   Link #122
Nk_Rizel

Saikano
Baslisk
Gundam Seed
Sailormoon
Pretear
Kimiga Nozumo Eien
Nk_Rizel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 20:42   Link #123
X10A_Freedom

AIR TV - The Kanna backstory and the end with Misuzu is simply heartbreaking. I did not bother with AIR in the Summer because this was simply beautiful and sad. I cannot list any others here because no other anime I've watched comes close to AIR in terms of sadness.

(It also made me marathon Haruhi straight after so that it's eccentricity would fix my brain.)
X10A_Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 10:41   Link #124
mcruz1014
Eye Have You

Send a message via Yahoo to mcruz1014
Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien
5 Centimeters per Second
mcruz1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-28, 06:52   Link #125
LunaWolf
Animangame lover

Send a message via MSN to LunaWolf
Im very easily moved, I can watch the lamest things and cry... But its hard to find jokes that make me laugh. Hmm... Final Fantasy X was pretty touching.
LunaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-28, 15:48   Link #126
ellifeedn
Thinker

Two that come to mind are Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu and Futakoi Alternative. I still remember what it felt like watching the two, like a hole growing in where my heart is.

EDIT: no intentional reference to Bleach
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-28, 17:27   Link #127
EhrinUCHI

Hmmm... the most saddest anime I’ve seen?, my top ones would probably be... Grave of the fireflies, SaiKano, 5 Centimeters per Second and Kimi ga nozomu eien... other anime’s that have some very! sad moments: Samurai X:Reflections and Samurai X:Trust and Betrayal, Air, NANA, Bokura ga Ita, Elfen Lied, Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora.

Last edited by EhrinUCHI; 2007-12-11 at 07:38.
EhrinUCHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-28, 18:37   Link #128
Takuto19
Yarrrr

Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien
Full Moon o Sagashite
Air

That's some just off the top of my head.
Old 2007-11-28, 20:22   Link #129
valet

It seems wrong to me to just point at one and say 'saddest', since there are all different kinds of sad. Haibane Renmei is probably my pick for heartwarming sad. Ima Sokoni Iru Boku wins for the oppressive kind of sad that tries to make you hang yourself because the world is a bleak and endless hellscape, and I think Mahoromatic wins for whatever you call the kind of sad where a warm, fluffy kitten curls up in your lap, stretches, yawns, and then dies (I'll go with 'wtf sad' for lack of a better name). Kanon wins my vote for shamelessly-just-trying-to-make-you-sad sad, and I think I'd go with Mai Hime for death-march sad.
valet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-28, 22:04   Link #130
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I think the movie X was very sad.

Chrono Crusade had a sad ending as well.

I agree that Kanon is definitely, purposefully trying to make you dehydrated from moisture loss.

I thought that Banner of the Stars III was sad, since Jinto can never again return to his home planet. He has to stay at least 1 light-second away.

Utawarerumono was sad and bittersweet, of the anime I've seen recently.

I think everyone else has mentioned those of note.

Edit: Oh, and I thought that ROD the movie/OVA had a sad ending as well.
Old 2007-11-29, 01:26   Link #131
Lord Ryo
Noblesse Oblige

Send a message via AIM to Lord Ryo
The #1 saddest anime ever has to be Elfen Lied, I've only seen it three time so far and only cried two of the times, but I had to hold back the tears sooo hard on the last time, my little brother watched it with me, I couldn't let him see me like that…

Next up at #2 is Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito! I cried when I saw the ending, in fact, the only thing keeping this one from being #1 is the fact that the ending wasn't as clear as in Elfen Lied. I actually am unsure if I was crying out of sadness or confusion. But regardless, what I was able to make of it was truly sad.

And that's really it; every other anime I've seen didn't hit me emotionally like that, not like these two did.
Lord Ryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-29, 01:35   Link #132
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
I'm a big crier, especially when I see someone else crying... So I'll have to say... every anime?
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 04:13   Link #133
InnerRise

Most Depressing Anime

What is the Saddest/Most Depressing anime you have watched? I am trying to find another one for me to watch after seeing School Days.

My Opinion: Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien
InnerRise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 04:15   Link #134
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Just a heads up, there's a similar thread here:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=14707
Old 2007-12-08, 04:19   Link #135
InnerRise

ah thanks a bunch.. ill look at that thread
InnerRise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 04:34   Link #136
sayde

Samurai X - Reflections ranks #1 for me as the saddest anime ever, but that's probably because I had spent over 90 episodes getting really attached to Kenshin and Kaoru (sp?) watching the much more light hearted Rurouni Kenshin series. After seeing all those episodes, the last thing I wanted to see was Kenshin and Kaoru grow sick and frail together in a much more serious-toned OVA. An anime has never made me cry before, but admittedly, I always come close when I watch the 2nd part to this OVA.

Gungrave ranks #2 for so many reasons. Anyone who hasn't seen this series should check it out. It's not for the lighthearted, but it's without a doubt the best anime I've ever seen.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 12:31   Link #137
Honey_and_Cleaver

I think Kimi ga Nozomu Eien is very dumb anime, and nothing is more depressing and sickening than watching stupid animes you dont like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Samurai X - Reflections ranks #1 for me as the saddest anime ever, but that's probably because I had spent over 90 episodes getting really attached to Kenshin and Kaoru (sp?) watching the much more light hearted Rurouni Kenshin series. After seeing all those episodes, the last thing I wanted to see was Kenshin and Kaoru grow sick and frail together in a much more serious-toned OVA. An anime has never made me cry before, but admittedly, I always come close when I watch the 2nd part to this OVA.

Gungrave ranks #2 for so many reasons. Anyone who hasn't seen this series should check it out. It's not for the lighthearted, but it's without a doubt the best anime I've ever seen.
Thats right brother! the best anime ive ever seen too.
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 15:47   Link #138
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

I don't think KGNE is THE saddest anime I've ever watched, but it is the only one to ever make me cry (they were manly tears, I-I swear ) so I think it deserves honorable mention.

Saddest would probably be SaiKano. I didn't like it though because the sadness just seemed so...forced for the lack of a better word. It's like the whole show was just set up to make you sad rather than to tell a story. They could have just showed pictures of kittens with terminal feline cancer for 20 minutes every episode and it would have generated the same effect.

For the saddest episode from an anime, it would be a tie between episode 10 of Kanon and episode 19 of RahXephon.
Spoiler for Kanon:

Spoiler for RahXephon:
Grimkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 16:43   Link #139
Stefkov

Eureka Seven nearly made me cry a few times. It's just so depressing to watch a relationship come into fruition only to know that I wil lnever have that kind of courage to do anything like that.
Stefkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 17:10   Link #140
Sho`

Chrno Crusade
Sho` is offline   Reply With Quote