AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2003-12-01, 03:56   Link #21
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

One of the great classic anime that I would recommend watching...and this is coming from a person who has been watching anime for more than 20 years.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-01, 04:37   Link #22
Hao Asakura
Newbie arimasen

If u like shoujo-type anime, then this is the right choice for you. Be prepared to watch all the shining sparkles around the characters
Hao Asakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-01, 06:35   Link #23
AmpliFyre
Uhhh??

Send a message via AIM to AmpliFyre
its pretty good. ive seen up to ep26... and i got a friend who has seen it 10 yrs ago and she loves it. i recommend you give it a shot at least
AmpliFyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-01, 12:01   Link #24
Rebochan
Clubbing

YES. RoV is an anime classic. Do yourself a favor and see why
Rebochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-03, 20:23   Link #25
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Rose Of Versailles a trully beautiful anime

Well, as some users already know I have been advertising this anime for a short while. The truth is that I watched this anime when I was like 10 years old therefore I don't remember much is this series. I just remember that my friends my brother and I used to sit down to watch this series every afternoon at 4:00pm from Monday to Friday. This series was quite popular in South America.

Well, know that I have realized that this excellent web site has the series I didn't hesitate in downloading it, and all I can say is that I'm really surprised for how good this anime is (I just watched episode 13). This anime has very strong factors such as: A plot that embraces a lot of realism: There is no science fiction in this anime at all, it is all based on real French Revolution history. The music is excellent. The graphics are gorgeous (even though this anime is like 20 years old!!) It is a very emotional anime, it is full of envy, love, hatred, death, hope and everything else. The characters are very well developed, you really get to see how really human nature works in this anime. It is totally unpredictable; In one moment I'm like ok ok that right and then I'm like WTF! why did he do that?! and believe it or not this anime has made CRY! I haven't cry with anime in a long long time except when I watched Grave of Fireflies. Yeah it is that powerful... The best part is that I have cried of happiness. You become so involved in the story that you really get to worry about the characters fate. This anime is a classic.

I wonder if anybody else in this forum has seen this anime yet and what does he think about it?...

--------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------
Here it is some info about the series (It is taken from another post of mine

Rose of Versalles (1979 EXCELLENT ANIME)

(Intro)
http://cartoons.metropoliglobal.com/videos/oscar_op.rm

http://<br /> http://www.animenfo....of_versail.html (Info)

http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/92.html
You should really consider watching this anime. This anime is based on the Frensh Revolution. The protagonist is Oscar, a woman who was raised as a man, due to the fact that her father always desired to had a man but never could. When she became 14 she joined the imperial guard that protected the king of france.

Then it only gets worse for her... Battles, love deceptions, romance and tragedy follow her path as she grows older... without mentioning the fact that she dies protecting the king and queen of France whom later were decapitated as it is known by Frensh history.

-----------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------

Please excuse me if I'm being very repetitive at times, but all I'm doing is trying to show to many people how good these "hidden" animes are. They are so old that they have been sent to oblivion. But the truth is that animes like this one are really worth watching and I know that there are many people who agree with me.
Old 2004-01-03, 21:13   Link #26
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Sugetsu, I know you really like advertising old anime, but could you please do a search next time? You might find out that there is already a thread about Rose of Versailles.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-03, 21:45   Link #27
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
Sugetsu, I know you really like advertising old anime, but could you please do a search next time? You might find out that there is already a thread about Rose of Versailles.

Good good good... That thread is also a nice advertisement for Rose Of Versailles.

Isn't this anime cool?
Old 2004-01-05, 03:47   Link #28
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

*cough* *cough*

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

Guys YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE EVEN THOUGH I'M CRAZY AT THIS MOMENT BUT ROSE OF VERSAILES IS MUUUCHHHH BETTER THAN ANY OTHER REAL LIFE ANIME OUT THERE!! YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE ME! *starts jumping and dronling making a lot of nice in his room* I JUST SAW THE EPISODES FROM 14 TO 19 AND THIS STUFF KEEPS GETTING BETTER AND BETTER AND SADDER AND SADDER. MY GOD I HAVE CRIED FREAKING 4 TIMES IN ROW! (THIS HAS NEVER HAPPEN BEFORE IN MY LIFE TIME) THE PLOT IS SO CLEVER AND TWISTED THAT IT STRIKES YOU WITH GREAT FORCE! IT'LL BLOW YOU AWAY! THIS IS 12445934534 BETTER THAN GRAVE OF FIRE FLIES, SAIKANO AND KIMIGA NOZOMU EIEN... TRULLY AWESOME!!! @_@ *starts breaking stuff in his room* I JUST SAW THE ENDING OF KIMIGA NOZOMU EIEN BUT THIS IS NOT EVEN BITTERER THAN EPISODE 19 OF "ROV".

GUYS YES I'M A DAMN FREAK AN EMOTIONAL BASTART AND THAT SOME OF YOU WANNA CUT MY BALLS BUT I DON'T CARE!! JUST GO AND WATCH ROSE OF VERSAILLES UNTIL EP 19 AND CONFIRM WHAT I'M CRAZY ABOUT! *hears sirens outside of his house*

Last edited by Sugetsu; 2004-01-05 at 03:59.
Sugetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 04:08   Link #29
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

OMG! Please STOP posting all in CAPS! It seems that nearly every post you make is very CAP heavy. Stop it. It is driving me crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
Thanks boneyjellyfish. Now everyone should know where to talk about this incredible show. Since we already have a RoV thread, I'm just gonna remainder this one.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-01, 03:35   Link #30
amaru
amaru

Arrow rose of versailles

hi guys

ano..sorry 2 ask this,but does anyone here knows where can i get ROSE OF VERSAILLES OAV (special episode/eps 41) ?

i've downloaded the whole series from anime urchins & live evil...

they don't seem 2 have it though

pleeaassseee heeelp!

tasukete kureee~onegai
amaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-01, 11:21   Link #31
amaru
amaru

Question lady oscar OAV,please

will someone pleeaaasseeee tell me where can i get rose of versailles oav(special/episode 41)?

i've downloaded the whole series,but anime urchins/live evil don't seem 2 have this episode

i'm desperate,onegai shimaaasu

thanx
amaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-01, 18:29   Link #32
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Actually, I've never heard of the special being digisubbed, so I doubt you can download it. However, it is possible that it was subbed on VHS...

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-25, 02:21   Link #33
nixie
Nyunga Ro Chaga

Excuse me for bumping an old thread, but I would just like to ask if anyone knows what the 1990 RoV movie is about?

I just had the chance of watching this recently and I am totally astounded by the story. I haven't cried so much since Hikaru no Go; the ending was so gut-wrenching painful to watch. Ah, thank you so much Live-Evil for subbing this masterpiece.
Old 2007-07-23, 17:28   Link #34
BANANABANANA
got 米?
*Artist

*bump* OMG!.....old news but but i need somewhere to go and squeal. they're making a La Rose de Versailles movie!!!!!111

youtube link to the teaser
BANANABANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 00:16   Link #35
SapientiSat

Great news, but I've also heard that it is delayed till 2008 or 2009. I hope that's not the case.

In any case, existence of such a project makes me happy
SapientiSat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 05:57   Link #36
Dop
Mmmm....

Having heard what a classic this series is meant to be, and having seen references/parodies in other series, I grabbed hold of Live-Evil's batch torrent and downloaded the lot.
So what can I say? Obviously, it's very much a thing of its time (1979-1980, I believe). Melodramatic, a bit campy, and OTT in parts. Not that there's anything wrong with that!
I did find myself thinking things like "Aha, that must be a bad guy. He has a villainous moustache!" and imagining the Animation Director standing over the animators saying things like "Sparkles! MORE Sparkles! GIVE ME MORE SPARKLES, DAMN YOUR EYES!!!"

But I did watch seven episodes yesterday, and I'm hooked.

Well worth a look, if you ask me.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-25, 07:34   Link #37
Ziv

Oscaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar!
Ziv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-25, 16:06   Link #38
gaguri

After so much hype behind this classic, I decided to check it out and I was both disappointed and satisfied. Disappointed because it wasn't as nearly as good as I hoped it to be, but satisfied because it does pick up towards the end and has memorable characters and a strong story. But the most interesting thing for me was the setting. I mean, the time of French Revolution is still one of the most interesting thing you may find in history, and circumstances can bring out the worst in men and turn them into vultures. It also makes people's sacrifice and virtues shine. Light is only beautiful and bright under darkness after all. I think the show did well in capturing the state of that particular time period, although the validity behind the depiction of historical figures like queen antoinette is questionable. But I liked the show's fictional telling of the events.

I hope that re-make will proceed, since in my opinion, the show would benefit a lot from modern animation technique and more refined script. And this is just me, but I hated the shoujo element in the show. I hate those sparkling eyes and sparkling bubbles of light that shows how handsome and pretty characters are. I hate how the tears pool inside their eyes ridiculously everytime they are about to cry. And the melodrama especially at the beginning of the series, ugh. No wonder I hate shoujo.
Old 2008-08-18, 09:50   Link #39
Area88

Finished watching this great series, a little slow to begin with after the gloriously romatic first episode but really reaches full stride with style, around the episode 19 mark. I was watching it almost contiously by this point, desperate to find out what happens after each and every cliffhanger.

Now can someone please fansub the 1987 movie sequel 'I'll Love You As Long As I Live'.
Area88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 04:39   Link #40
Meirin
Locked Girl

Good timing. I just ordered some doujinshi anthologies for this series yesterday.

I'll post some images from it upon arrival.
Meirin is offline   Reply With Quote