Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2012-08-09, 13:12   Link #101
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Agreed, especially since Red has something akin to the Power Glove from what I can recall of one picture. Watching a magical girl who's main attack is punching things could be fun!
That would be most of the Precure franchise and Subaru Nakajima from Nanoha.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 13:13   Link #102
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Actually I think the best thing for SHAFT right now is to produce a MG anime that isn't Nanoha or Madoka. Contain elements of? Sure. But I'm positive that discussions about this title across the anime community are similar to this thread, meaning that whatever this title does it will be in the shadow of those two giants. Either way, expectations and hopes will be dashed.

It's SHAFT, so we know it'll have their "touch", but personally I'm thinking this will be something more like Symphogear given the likely target audience. Dark enough for drama, light enough to not feel depressed every week.
Old 2012-08-09, 13:32   Link #103
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Romantic lead. There are plenty of yuri tsunderes too.
Well, just speaking personally here, the only thing that really annoys me about tsunderes is the one-sided abuse that often comes with them. In male lead/female tsundere relationships, the tsundere can basically do and say whatever she wants to the male lead without ever being called to account for it. In more extreme cases, I find this irritating and a truly annoying gender double standard.

Within a yuri relationship, tsunderes will still tend to do the "I-it's not like I d-did this just for you, or anything!" schtick, but you don't get that same level of one-sided abuse going on. At least not in what I've seen, anyway. I don't mind the shy denial aspect of the tsundere. In fact, when executed well, that can be pretty cute.

Long story short, I'm not that worried about tsunderes in a magical girl show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
That would be most of the Precure franchise and Subaru Nakajima from Nanoha.
And that's one reason why I liked Subaru in Nanoha.

In fairness to Solace, I am getting a Symphogear vibe from this at the moment. Also, I'm getting this nagging suspicion that these three are going to be pop idols in their "civilian" lives (one of them does wield a guitar...).
Old 2012-08-09, 13:50   Link #104
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
In fairness to Solace, I am getting a Symphogear vibe from this at the moment. Also, I'm getting this nagging suspicion that these three are going to be pop idols in their "civilian" lives (one of them does wield a guitar...).
I hope not, I'm not all that interested in Magical Girl AKB.
Old 2012-08-09, 14:17   Link #105
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I hope not, I'm not all that interested in Magical Girl AKB.
Yeah, I honestly hope I'm wrong. But it's a persistent gut feeling I'm getting from this project.
Old 2012-08-09, 14:27   Link #106
GDB

Unless they can crank out some wicked tunes like the band in Angel Beats did, I have no interest in a music-based cast.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 14:37   Link #107
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

The show definitely give me a vibe of what if Madoka Magica could merge with Symphogear. And it looks like the main themes of the show are music and elements, and the tomboy look of the indiviual red and blue girls looks like they unleashe abilities referenced from a rock music.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 16:01   Link #108
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Well Shaft has set up the Prism Nana booth and all I can is... awesome! I hope we get more content when the event starts this Friday up until Sunday. This is going to be amazing!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ism-nana-booth

Quote:
The show definitely give me a vibe of what if Madoka Magica could merge with Symphogear. And it looks like the main themes of the show are music and elements, and the tomboy look of the indiviual red and blue girls looks like they unleashe abilities referenced from a rock music.
I said the exact same thing myself. I wonder if there's more abilities, elements and powers that we don't know of as of right now. So many ideas going through my head right now.
Old 2012-08-09, 17:57   Link #109
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

The key visual really gives a syphogear i expect it to be less silly and cliche than that one.
Old 2012-08-09, 18:30   Link #110
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
The key visual really gives a syphogear i expect it to be less silly and cliche than that one.
And better music, I wasn't all that sold on the music side of things but didn't find it bad, probably one of the btter elements of that show.

Now if I had any hopes for this then I'd want to see something along the lines of Carat!, my favorite take on the magical girl
Old 2012-08-09, 20:07   Link #111
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Unless they can crank out some wicked tunes like the band in Angel Beats did, I have no interest in a music-based cast.
Excuse me sir but are you implying that the songs in AKB0048 aren't totally badass

Because if you are, then you're wrong imho, Reincarnation and every other song they perform kicks ass
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 20:45   Link #112
sirn
田舎者言うな

Official USTREAM is showing a little bit of PV on screen from Comike. The animation looks so good, unexpected from SHAFT.

sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 22:26   Link #113
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post
The animation looks so good, unexpected from SHAFT.
I have higher hopes for Madoka 3.0 now.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 00:33   Link #114
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Hmmmmm... The key visuals are interesting. And the tiny snippet I saw of what's playing on that screen was VERY interesting, in terms of quality.
Old 2012-08-10, 01:13   Link #115
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
The little PV they showed or I think it's safe to say is one, looks really colorful, neat, and beautiful to look at. The character designs and the animation looks pretty much on point and from what I've seen the potential for this series will definitely show promise.

I know it's still early but from what I've seen so far I'm really sold to this upcoming series. Can't wait to see more of what other little surprises they might add to the presentation.
Old 2012-08-10, 01:44   Link #116
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Wait is this gonna be SHAFT without the terrible in-between animation that I love/hate?
Old 2012-08-10, 02:15   Link #117
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
Wait is this gonna be SHAFT without the terrible in-between animation that I love/hate?
I know! What will we do when they start using a decent color palette?
The world will have lost something beautiful...
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 03:52   Link #118
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
I really love how your avatar reflects your mood ... jokes aside, as long as they kept using the other elements of Shinbo's former "money saving tactics" I think it should be fine.
Old 2012-08-10, 04:32   Link #119
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Within a yuri relationship, tsunderes will still tend to do the "I-it's not like I d-did this just for you, or anything!" schtick, but you don't get that same level of one-sided abuse going on. At least not in what I've seen, anyway. I don't mind the shy denial aspect of the tsundere. In fact, when executed well, that can be pretty cute.

Long story short, I'm not that worried about tsunderes in a magical girl show.
Well, good for you since I hate Tsunderes in general. The rare 'tsunderes' I like aren't even exactly tsundere. Say, Hitagi Senjougahara. So I just hope I won't have to experience raging over these tsundere-looking girls and their shit in this show.
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 05:13   Link #120
sirn
田舎者言うな

sirn is offline   Reply With Quote