AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-02-08, 08:10   Link #501
demino_hellsin
That one guy

well 2 reasons for why grineer are winning. personally I think people like dealing with grineer missions more because they are less annoying to kill. second reason, farming harvester during invasions.

as for the page numbers... maybe more active players are on the thread now? XD
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-08, 08:25   Link #502
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Ugh the new frame is going to takes an age to make... The main bp has to be researched first and it takes like 4 days, then each part needs to be researched as well which takes 2 days each. Only then can you build it which then will take a further 3 days...

On the plus side at least now you can research volt and banshee parts now which will save a bit of time for those having trouble finding the parts.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-08, 08:38   Link #503
demino_hellsin
That one guy

and I get the feeling that oxium isn't so easy to come by

on frost.
- haven't tried freeze yet. heard it's like fireball. not good news in my book.
- icewave moves way faster and procs on hit. love it.
- snowglobe... where do I start with the hate? well the lifebar is all I can dislike. went down as soon as I put it up against level 47 bombards.
- avalanche still works great. has longer stun time, enough time to shoot at them before damage smashes them. damage buffs aren't too felt but still works. hate the new animation though.
Old 2014-02-08, 22:13   Link #504
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
and I get the feeling that oxium isn't so easy to come by
Farm Kappa on Sedna. Even if you let a few Oxpreys kill themselves, as long as you can find the Oxium drops you'll net 30-60 Oxium per run.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 01:47   Link #505
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Have tried out the Latron Prime...

...yeah, DMRs are really not my thing. Doesn't help that my mouse is kinda wonky and keeps zooming in and out by itself ^_^;;

But if I get used to it, I think it'd be quite powerful. Though not as OP as my Soma, lol.

*continues to pray for Soma Prime with 87.5% critical chance and lower recoil*

Yeah, believe it or not, Soma could do 87.5% crit chance and was actually more accurate and had less recoil. It truly was a monster. Now it's less of a monster, but still damn effective.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 01:55   Link #506
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

No kidding. I think the Soma was the only thing that saved me during the second Darvo's Alert. I mean, still got downed twice, but god knows it put the hurt on the Hyenas.
Old 2014-02-09, 02:16   Link #507
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I still prefer my grakata for some reason >.>

Well anyone ever tried maximizing a synapse before?

Also if anyone's built a phage before, how'd you find it?
Old 2014-02-09, 09:24   Link #508
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Synapse is great in that you can easily get it to 100% critical, which makes critical builds quite useful. Also, since it's native electric, you can then load fire, Toxin and Cold mods to build a Radiation + Toxin Synapes, which works wonders on Grineer. Alternatively, you can make a Corrosive Blast Synapes, which is also pretty fun.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2014-02-09, 10:44   Link #509
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Mmm but desite the crits, I'm not getting the damage output I want. They say synapse can hit 20k. Haven't even reached 10. Unless I count the headshot multiliter criting with the synapse crit. Still yellow crits though.
Old 2014-02-09, 18:27   Link #510
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

You need to put Point Strike at 100% strength (more won't work), then maxed Vital Sense. This gives you 100% crit chance and 4.4x crit multiplier. Then you need to add Serration. Then you start playing with your elementals. Then you add Shred and Rifle Ammo mutation.

Latron Prime at lvl 19, really coming into its own, btw.

Edit: It's been pointed out to me that Maxed Point Strike (150% chance of Crit) results in Synapse with 125% Crit, which means a 25% chance for a 2nd crit. This further suggests that 100% crit might be possible for Synapse, with truly ridiculous damage numbers.

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2014-02-10 at 08:14.
Old 2014-02-09, 19:06   Link #511
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I currently have serration, point strike, vital sense, hammershot and malignant force/any other element mod on it. on an average I dole out 500 dps but higher number require some aiming. either way still not hitting that number I want.

I've heard good things about latron prime. My clanmate uses one and he's a shotgun kind of guy Definitely a crit build type
Old 2014-02-09, 20:55   Link #512
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Hmmm. Yeah, for Synapse, for the higher numbers, you're going to have to rely on shot (well, beamjism ) placement and elemental setups. I recommend Shred because not only will you have penetration, you've have a ROF increase, which is always good in boosting the DPS of continuous fire weapons. Always slot in Stormbringer if you have it: Synapse's default damage is pure electric, so adding Stormbringer will boost that. Then the rest is your elemental setups (note that all this is valid for other weapons):

- You can make Synapse into a Corrosive Synapse which does wonders on Ancients (if you can make it a Corrosive Blast, even better.)
- Radiation Synapse works great on high level Grineer, as with the exception of Heavy Gunners, they're all using Alloy Armor, which is weak to radiation
- Magnetic Synapse: Duh, anti Corpus. Slap Stormbringer and Cryo Rounds and you've got a lot of hurt for Corpus and Hyena packs.

In general, for vs factions (Note that I am speaking with a perspective towards high-level Survival and T3 Void Defense/Mobile Defense/Survival):

- Grineer: Either run with Radiation + Viral if your gun can mount it, or Corrosive + Heat if you have a gun that has a high proc chance. High level Grineer armor is weak to Radiation (except for Gunners), and Viral does +75% damage to Grineer - and if it procs, it reduces enemy health by half for 6 seconds. Corrosive is okay if you can get it to proc reliably and reduce enemy armor; otherwise it's not so great.

(Admittedly, if you're running a Soma and not going into the void, this is all a moot point. Accept Soma as your LMG and Critbuild Master today! Hallelujah, it's Soma! Annnd my Soma is called Marie. Gundam 00 fans will recognise the joke. )

This is also why the Detron is so OP: Default damage is Radiation, so you can mount Viral to make it an awesome Grineer killer. Still prefer the Brakk though.

- Corpus: Magnetic + Toxin. Magnetic is obvious: it's strong vs Shields and does good damage against robotics. Toxin because it bypasses shields, and so it's very useful vs Techs and other Corpus - you also get the amusing situation of a Crewman keeling over dead while he still has shields. And if you've got a gun like the Latron Prime or Burston Prime, you can really stack Infected Clip and Malignant Force together, giving you +150% Toxin damage, on top of the +180% Magnetic damage.

- Infested: Corrosive + Heat. Ancients are weak to Corrosive (even before the proc). While Gas does pretty good damage against Infested mooks (anything that's not an Ancient), in my experience in the Void and Derelicts, Ancients are the real problem buggers, and anyway if you've setup your rifle right, Corrosive Heat will still work well enough on the mooks. I'm kinda so-so about the idea of Corrosive Blast, because some Ancients are strong against Blast, some are weak to Blast, and it's kinda all over the place with the rest of the Infested mooks (Example: Lephantis is weak to Blast, so Corrosive Blast will chew that oversized sucker up, but Phorid is storng vs Blast, so Corrosive Blast would be less effective). That said, it is potentially a very powerful combination, given Blast's AoE knockdown proc, but I myself would rather put that mod slot space into Corrosive Heat. (Since Toxin and Heat both have two mods granting those effects, which can be stacked, it's up to you to choose whether you want to lean more to Corrosive or more to heat. For ODS/ODD, I suggest Corrosive. ODE, ODC and ODA aren't going to spawn so high-leveled enemies that you need to seriously worry about this.)

As for the Latron Prime, its crit chance is 15%, but proc chance is 25%. With Malignant Force installed, that comes to 40%. Add that it's a 15-round mag, slot in Split Chamber, slot in Wildfire... basically every 7 shots out of a mag of 18 are going to have status procs. Add in Split Chamber, and your chances of seeing procs jump up. Personally, I'm building mine as an Elemental-focused DMR. I can skip rifle ammo mutation because of how ammo-efficient it is. Reload... is still kinda slow, but if I get to the point when I'm one shotting things, I think I can afford to drop Fast Hands.

And remember, for all rifles, always slot in the Holy Trinity: Shred, Serration, Split Chamber.These three are musts.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2014-02-10, 06:25   Link #513
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
You need to put Point Strike at 100% strength (more won't work), then maxed Vital Sense. This gives you 100% crit chance and 4.4x crit multiplier. Then you need to add Serration. Then you start playing with your elementals. Then you add Shred and Rifle Ammo mutation.

Latron Prime at lvl 19, really coming into its own, btw.
There was a long, detailed post on the official forums but the truth seems to be that the extra crit rate over 100% actually does do something. On the synapse it gives a 25% chance to do a double crit.
Old 2014-02-10, 07:53   Link #514
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
There was a long, detailed post on the official forums but the truth seems to be that the extra crit rate over 100% actually does do something. On the synapse it gives a 25% chance to do a double crit.
Really? Huh. In that case, I stand corrected. Edit made above.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2014-02-10, 08:33   Link #515
demino_hellsin
That one guy

As much as I want to use soma, all my friends are using it. I'm kinda hipster with my clan so I'll stick with synapse while they soma XD(Why not just name it Peries? *wink wink*)

Does the extra fire rate really help that much? I'm kind of conscious about the ammo economy on synapse, but I'll give it a whir anyway.

Are bane mods recommendable?

also should I heavy caliber?
Old 2014-02-10, 11:02   Link #516
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

There's a reason everyone uses Marie - she gets the job done.

Yeah, Louise and Marie might be an OP combination, but wait till you take them into the void and see enemies that are like level 54, 60 (rule of thumb, void = x2, so more like level 100 plus enemies); their OP-ness is required for survival.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2014-02-10, 14:00   Link #517
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Marie? I see what you did there, Goose. :V
Old 2014-02-10, 23:08   Link #518
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Marie? I see what you did there, Goose. :V
Dunno what you're talking about.

Also, Radiation Toxin Latron was surprisingly useful in T3 Void survival, at least up to 35 minutes. Radiation proc didn't do so well on Ancients and Heavy Gunners, but it did confuse them, and most things were dying in headshots if I could pull those off. Got a Frost Prime Helmet, two 5k credit caches, 3 Dakra Prime parts and one Forma BP. I miss the days when I was raking in Forma in droves.

That said, I think for the Void, Corrosive Heat is the way to go, since Ancients and Gunners are your biggest problems.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2014-02-11, 22:30   Link #519
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Have been doing some more research in the Codex and Wiki, and I'm starting to change my opinion on Corrosive Blast for the Void. Out of the three flavors of Ancients, the Ancient Disruptor and Toxic Ancient are ridiculously weak to Corrosive (+75%) and Blast (+75%). The Ancient Healer tanks Blast (srsly, -50% -_-), but is just as weak to Corrosive.

Corrupted Heavy Gunners are weak to Corrosive (+75), but resistant to Blast (-25%), however they remain vulnerable to the Blast status proc, which is AoE knockdown, which could prove to be a lifesaver.

I'm going to level my Latron Prime and Burston Prime and experiment more, but I'm starting to come around to the idea of Corrosive Blast for the Void.

It may well be that Corrosive Blast is superior to Corrosive Heat for the Void, but we'll need to verify this.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2014-02-11, 22:48   Link #520
demino_hellsin
That one guy

procing blast is always an awesome thing though. not many primaries have great status chance. only grakata has that capability.

Tags
cyborg, fps, ninja