AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-09-20, 10:58   Link #141
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Glad to have more news. This show will definitely feels different without the Kougami and Akane interactions. It looks like it will involve fighting against Sybil too, hmm.

Sakurai's back? There has to be a reason right? LOL

I wonder why Urobuchi isn't back for this show. Is he involved in other projects or something?
Old 2014-09-20, 12:18   Link #142
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Just how much hair does this guy have? He could have a bird living inside

Quote:
I wonder why Urobuchi isn't back for this show. Is he involved in other projects or something?
Well, I think he writing a mecha movie
Old 2014-09-20, 13:54   Link #143
Jarly

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
I think he writing a mecha movie
He's writing Psycho-Pass movie too.
Old 2014-09-20, 14:42   Link #144
J the Drafter

I thought that was a girl at first, and was delighted since I thought the Enforcers could use some more female presence. The first season had Yayoi as the lone female field agent, and I felt like she was only there to keep the Enforcer field agents from being all-male.
I'm still interested in this new character, but I am disappointed that he's a guy after all. (I'm also annoyed that I got his gender wrong.)
Superman: “You know what, Ein? Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us into something better. And on my soul, I swear — until my dream of a world where dignity, honor and justice becomes the reality we all share — I'll never stop fighting. Ever.”

“Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom” and “Superman vs. the Elite”

(Mostly accurate dialogue, but with a little editing to make it mesh better.)
Old 2014-09-21, 03:13   Link #145
Kazu-kun

I'm glad Urobuchi isn't writing this time around. Perhaps now we'll have a proper resolution to the conflict with Sybil (you know this would never happen if Urobuchi was in charge).

I wonder what the movie is about. Perhaps it will focus on Kougami, since he probably won't appear in the series.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2014-09-21 at 04:05.
Old 2014-09-21, 03:19   Link #146
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Just look at how much fluffy hair he's got on that small head of his.
This guy is definitively Makishima wearing a wig to hide his scars and another brain/device to mask his own Psycho Pass.
Am I the only one who keeps thinking how mouldy his scalp must be....
Old 2014-09-21, 03:21   Link #147
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I wonder what the movie is about. Perhaps it would be about Kougami, since he probably won't appear in the series.
I was thinking the same thing. The conclusion to Kou's story taking place in the movie.

That or they're trying to sneak him into season 2 at some point.
Old 2014-09-21, 03:41   Link #148
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

I actually really enjoyed Psycho Pass season 1.

That said, I was hoping for a large time skip for season 2, but the trailer doesn't appear to show much time having passed at all. Which, concerns me a little, as it would suggest season 2 isn't going to further the story along in terms of getting rid of the Sybil system.

So, if we're not time skipping far enough ahead in time where society might be at a tipping point where the Sybil system could realistically be upended for real, then throw in the studio changes, no Gen, etc, and my initial reaction is that there's a high likelihood this will be more of a cash in on the first season's success, and be nothing more than a cop and robbers story with no real attempt to further along the bigger story ideas that season one got the ball rolling on. That can be entertaining in its own way, I'm sure, but I really was hoping for the time skip and what it could have made possible, story-wise.
Also, cake.
Old 2014-09-21, 04:17   Link #149
Kazu-kun

^ I think the staff was changed because they're working on the movie.

That been said, you could be right this season won't change the status quo with the Sybil system, but to be honest that wouldn't have happened with Urobuchi on board either. He's not the sort of guy that would go for a revolution kind of ending.
Old 2014-09-23, 02:54   Link #150
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Well, it's not so much of a bad move actually. Tatsunoko can produce some of the most beautiful animation out there (in Japan) when they do their works seriously.
The other times, they are just about as bad as I.G's worst. (i.e : things like episode 18 from Psycho Pass S1.)
So, at least, I can say for sure that we won't get something any worse than we already had.
Quoted for truth/emphasis. The trailer didn't give me any impressions of the first season's worst quality episodes, so that's a good sign at the very least. (Though, those may just be some of the best shots for promotional purposes, of course.)
Old 2014-09-23, 06:15   Link #151
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

If the movie will feature Kougami, I hope it will be about the outside world. It would be really cool to see what is going on outside of Sybil-controlled Japan
Old 2014-09-23, 10:40   Link #152
GDB

Anyone else notice the other new Enforcer (the one who doesn't share Makishima's voice) looks an awful lot like a certain Berserker from another Gen Urobuchi work?
Old 2014-09-26, 23:40   Link #153
Allium
Keep on keeping on

Psycho-Pass film slated for January 9 release.
Old 2014-09-27, 00:31   Link #154
Esclair

Just marathoned the series this week so I can watch S2 with everyone next week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
^ I think the staff was changed because they're working on the movie.

That been said, you could be right this season won't change the status quo with the Sybil system, but to be honest that wouldn't have happened with Urobuchi on board either. He's not the sort of guy that would go for a revolution kind of ending.
Knowing Gen, even if he were to make the story go that route, you just know he'll have the MC die the moment the revolution starts and end the series there
Old 2014-09-30, 21:28   Link #155
Jerseykid

If it doesn't have Kogami I will be sad panda
Old 2014-10-09, 07:43   Link #156
JiCi

Can I post some kind of wish here? I honeslty like to see MORE development for Shion, and her relationship with Yayoi. No seriously, Shion's character was barely developped in the first season.

Spoiler for Shion in Season 1:

So yeah... what I said...
Old 2014-10-09, 22:11   Link #157
Allium
Keep on keeping on

So a teaser for the movie and synopsis has been put up on the official site:

Quote:
Year 2112, newcomer Inspector Akane Tsunemori and Enforcers Shinya Kōgami run into a man, a man that was the former mastermind of past incidents. This man was the object of Kōgami's revenge for his partner. This man, Shogo Makishima, shook the very foundations of the system that supports peace and questioned the existence of justice. Before long, Kōgami executed his own justice on Makishima and secluded himself from the world.....

Year 2116-The Japanese government's begins to export the "Sibyl System" unmanned drone robots to troubled countries, and the system spreads throughout the world. A state in the midst of a civil war, SEAUn (the South East Asia Union, pronounced "shian"), brings in the "Sibyl System" as an experiment. Under the new system, the coastal town of Shambala Float achieves temporary peace and safety. But then SEAUn sends terrorist to Japan. They slip through the "Sibyl System" and then attack from within. The shadow of a certain man falls on this incident. In charge of the police, Tsunemori travels to Shambala Float to investigate. The truth of justice on this new ground will become clear.
Guess we won't be seeing the fall of Sibyl probably until the movie.
Old 2014-10-09, 23:42   Link #158
@GEMC

so kogami will not appear this season?
Old 2014-10-10, 01:29   Link #159
Archmage1809

Quote:
Originally Posted by @GEMC View Post
so kogami will not appear this season?
Maybe no or not yet.
He maybe an new antagonist or plot will twist to whatever direction its want
Old 2014-10-10, 03:21   Link #160
LightDragonman

So some users on imageboards have criticized the premise for the movie, as they see it as an example of Japan's right-wing nationalism which sugarcoats their WWII atrocities.

Do you agree?
Closed Thread