Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-08-22, 13:08   Link #1201
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Who says he walked away? She could've been the one to ride off after taunting him.

Also, I kind of liked Cal, but Drei is a grade A bitch. She took too many lessons from Scythe.
Thats why i'm hoping for a Cal ending so she can go back to what she was before...she is wayyy too cocky now, and like you said, seems like a total bitch.

SM is a faggot. 'Nuff said.
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 13:20   Link #1202
GDB

Spoiler for Elen:

Also, Mio needs to stop randomly popping up. She's annoyingly boring.

Last edited by GDB; 2009-08-22 at 14:29.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 13:26   Link #1203
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
But then poor Elen would be screwed. Think of poor Elen!

She's the character that seems like she's so innocent to the point where she'll get raped and then go crazy (like that girl in school days)
Old 2009-08-22, 13:42   Link #1204
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
But then poor Elen would be screwed. Think of poor Elen!

Don't sell her short. She'll have a critical active impact on the story, not just a passive one as hostage/damsel in distress.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 13:58   Link #1205
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Don't sell her short. She'll have a critical active impact on the story, not just a passive one as hostage/damsel in distress.
I know, that's why I said "randomly popping up" rather than that she should just go away.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 14:02   Link #1206
Mei19
LOL'ing at t3h old bags

Bahhh I don't care what will happen later, but this ain't gonna be Requiem for the Phantom if Elen and Reiji don't end up together. so there had better be NO EIN DYING NONSENSE in the future!!!

Ein ftw. *smoke screen*
Mei19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 14:09   Link #1207
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mei19 View Post
Bahhh I don't care what will happen later, but this ain't gonna be Requiem for the Phantom if Elen and Reiji don't end up together. so there had better be NO EIN DYING NONSENSE in the future!!!

Ein ftw. *smoke screen*
*cough* you mean cal ftw?
Old 2009-08-22, 15:25   Link #1208
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daimonth View Post
Well....
Spoiler for on Cal:
No she could have walked away from that bombed out apartment. At that point, she also was assumed dead. Only SM knew differently.

She had the most free will of all the others. Instead, she let hatred get the best of her. She duels to a version of a Baptist hymn and said a racist comment during ep. 21 which...

Spoiler for Elen:

Here's a version of the lyrics to "Calling today". No sympathy from me when an idiot duels to a hymn and doesn't listen to the song. If she was listening, she wouldn't be doing what she is doing. And instigating a duel inside of a church, she's not listening at all to the song.

Quote:
Who says he walked away? She could've been the one to ride off after taunting him.
That's prob what happened imo.

Last edited by orion; 2009-08-22 at 15:46.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 15:45   Link #1209
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
I know, that's why I said "randomly popping up" rather than that she should just go away.
She is an important character whether she does something in the future or not. She is a comparison base for Elen and Cal.
Old 2009-08-22, 15:49   Link #1210
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
At that point, she also was assumed dead. Only SM knew differently.
...by Reiji who tought that she was repairing the video recorder. As far as Inferno goes, if her corpse is not found, she is assumed alive as she could have been anywhere at that point.

Oh, and as far as I remember Scyhte is a member of Inferno. So if he knows that she is alive, Inferno knows that she is alive. And there is no way that she could have ran away from Inferno, especialy considering that she probably didn't even know that it existed.

And Scyhte knows the best how to manipulate someone's mentality. He is the doctor of psychology and neurology after all and Cal at that time was very emotionaly vunerable. Brainwashing is not the only mental discipline at which he is good at and, quite frankly, an amateur would be able to manipulate person in her state at that time.

Quote:
No sympathy from me when an idiot duels to a hymn and doesn't listen to the song. If she was listening, she wouldn't be doing what she is doing.
Drei doesn't actually give a crap about the music it seems. As long as it can be used as a duel counter, it is good enough.
Old 2009-08-22, 15:53   Link #1211
orion

SM would have only said something if it was in his best interest to do so. Going after a 14 yo and expending manpower and money wouldn't work. If she had not gone back and stayed there, it could have been different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
Wait, since when are we discussing Cal calling herself Phantom?
SM brought it up in ep. 21 when talking to Liz. She can't truly call herself Phantom until she kills off Ein and Reiji (actually Reiji per SM @13:50-14:23). Therefore, every time she uses that line to instill fear in her opponent and reduce his accuracy (ep. 21's duel 8:27-8:34), she's telling and living a lie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
Drei doesn't actually give a crap about the music it seems. As long as it can be used as a duel counter, it is good enough.
The duel in itself is unfair since she prob has the exact time that song clip ends down to a science. I'd just shoot her before it ends and be done with it. The duel is in essence fixed in her favor. It's another one of her smoke and mirrors to prove superiority when none exists with reference to the other 2 Phantoms.

And if you don't listen to the song, then no sympathy comes from me. Using religious music in this manner is tasteless imo.

Last edited by orion; 2009-08-22 at 16:10.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 16:11   Link #1212
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

She didn't say a racist word...she said chinese. That's not racist >.>
Old 2009-08-22, 16:12   Link #1213
orion

Translated to "ch**k" in the subs. (ethnic slur big time)
Old 2009-08-22, 16:12   Link #1214
Spinner187
Too old for Anime?

Silly question, Cal is american right?

I assume because of the blonde hair.

But animes have surprised me before
Spinner187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 16:14   Link #1215
Spinner187
Too old for Anime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Translated to "ch**k" in the subs. (ethnic slur big time)
But she actual saying "Chinese" in english. I have no clue how they translate that into "ch**k".
Old 2009-08-22, 16:17   Link #1216
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
SM would have only said something if it was in his best interest to do so. Going after a 14 yo and expending manpower and money wouldn't work. If she had not gone back, it could have been different.
And geting Cal is in his interest. Even if she were not talented, the tought of turning her against Reiji would entertain him.

Cal was too trusting towards Reiji to not come back as she believed that he would come to check if she was alive. If she wasn't so deep in love with him, she woudn't hate him so much now either.

Quote:
SM brought it up in ep. 21 when talking to Liz. She can't truly call herself Phantom until she kills off Ein and Reiji. Therefore, every time she uses that line to instill fear in her opponent and reduce his accuracy, she's telling and living a lie.
Actually, she is the Phantom. However, she is not geting the respect that comes with that title from Inferno till the old Phantom is dead. It is just the way the new Phantom proves that he is better then the old one. And respect is very valuable in mafia's.

As far as the targets are concerned, it doesn't matter if old or new Phantom is stronger. The fact that this girl is able to go around saying that she is the Phantom and seems to be merciless and skilled (there is no doubt that her skills are above average), they will be freaked out.

Quote:
The duel in itself is unfair since she prob has the exact time that song clip ends down pact. I'd just shoot her before it ends and be done with it.
Well, can't blame the targets to be stupid enough to not realise that.
But then again, the targets seem to be brain-raped by the atmosphere the girl and the clock create (especialy if she says that she is the Phantom) and start considering the clock to be the countdown to their death and are actually afraid that taking the gun sooner might end in her killing them sooner... which might be the truth as Drei stared a lot at her target and the moment they moved a muscle, her hands would do something she probably got used on doing: taking her weapon with great speed and shooting.

Of course, she woudn't even offer the game if the target already had the gun pointed at her.

Quote:
But she actual saying "Chinese" in english. I have no clue how they translate that into "ch**k".
The subbers must have tought that with her being an Ameican and all, that she would use the street language or something. She is no doubt saying "Chinesse".
Old 2009-08-22, 16:19   Link #1217
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

She is Phantom but then again she isn't yet, like Sycthe said, she needs to kill Reiji to be "complete". Actually he said "The current Drei has not fully taken over the name of Phantom because she hasn't fought it out with the previous Phantom. If Drei truly takes over the name of Phantom, she will become steady and flexible." Something like that.
Old 2009-08-22, 16:20   Link #1218
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Fansubbers usually do this kind of stuff...

Like when it was translated into "Damnit!" when Cal first appears on bike, she actually said, "She...!" or "HER!..."

Same goes for this, she said "chinese", but they translated it to Chink...guess it's just to make her more "badass"...but i don't like the way they did that oh well
Old 2009-08-22, 16:27   Link #1219
Spinner187
Too old for Anime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Fansubbers usually do this kind of stuff...

Like when it was translated into "Damnit!" when Cal first appears on bike, she actually said, "She...!" or "HER!..."

Same goes for this, she said "chinese", but they translated it to Chink...guess it's just to make her more "badass"...but i don't like the way they did that oh well
Yeah it I figure as much, it wouldn't make much sense of a racial slur.

Assuming that she is American, most americans are not racist toward a specific asian race. If they racist towards one, they are racist towards them all (well for what I have observe in my life).

But then again this a Japanese animation, that target a Japanese demography so.....
Old 2009-08-22, 16:27   Link #1220
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner187 View Post
Because no American would say "Chinese" in that situation. The ethnic slur is the most logical conclusion.

And you can be racist towards one ethnic group and not another. Know this from personal experience.

Drei may have a reason.

Tags
action, eroge, gunfights, seinen